Traveler thread, where have you been?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Tony!.

I'd LOVE to travel and I'd love to go to Europe someday.

I've only been to a few states though. lol

Illinois

West Virginia

Colorado (Estes Park was so pretty)

Iowa

.......Boo

Been to:

South Carolina

Florida

Virginia

Maryland

Washington D. C.

Indiana

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Nevada

St. Croix Island

Would like to go to:

Africa

Australia

Ireland

Italy

France

Canada

Colorado

Wyoming

Montana

Maine

I have hit all inhabited continents at least once, excluding Antarctica.

I won't list them all, just the highlights:

-South America is of interest because of business prospects, so I have been and will be going back and forth from Brazil...I'm gonna have to go during carnival one time!!! Been in a couple other countries too, but just in passing, not long enough to call it an experience.

-Africa (NOT A COUNTRY!!! Don't refer to it as one, especially among the names of other properly named countries. It doesn't make you look good.)

With much of my family in Nigeria, it of course makes sense that I would visit there as often as possible. Tanzania is also beautiful, it possesses one of the most beautiful shorelines I have ever seen. Egypt, blah. Too many tourists, got quite annoyed. Morocco is great too, beautiful people, great leather goods, great food also.

-Asia, I have found memories of Hong Kong, and China especially because I completed part of my university studies there. Excellent food! Tokyo (Japan) was overrated, Indonesia is the shizzle... just soooo many islands, so little time, but also great food! India... yeeeah, there are some stories to tell, but for another thread though.

I had to cut the list down... it's a little long.

Lol, I've been nowhere out of the US. I lived in WA, CA, SC and been to all the big airports except NY... I think I wanna reside in N. California or S. Oregon when we buy a house.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif -Africa (NOT A COUNTRY!!! Don't refer to it as one, especially among the names of other properly named countries. It doesn't make you look good.) That's what I was thinking lol
Ok, here are mine :

Belgium > born and raised here (eeww)

Germany > Aachen (worked there), Dusseldorf (shopping is coooool)

The Netherlands > Maastricht (good for shopping), Sittard and Eindhoven (I used to have family there)

France > Paris (love it), Marseille (love it) and St Tropez (little village, nothing to see really)

England > London (I wish I could go back, I only stayed one week end)

Morocco > Oujda= that's where my family's from, I don't go back very often but now that my parents bought a house near the beach (Saidia) I think I'm gonna have to go spend some time and tan.
rockwoot.gif

Egypt > Hurghada (loved the weather, the hotel, the food and all but too "touristic")

NYC > love it for ppl and shopping, I felt like home

Raleigh NC > went to visit some friends there, beautiful

Dallas TX > went to visit friends also, nothing interesting except the Southfork Ranch. Boring city. Strange ppl obsessed with money.
tocktock.gif

I wish I could go back to London, Paris and New York. Yeah, I love big towns.

And next time I go to Egypt, I'll be doing the Nile Cruise. My parents did it and loved it : all the temples and all.

My little brother stayed one month in Shanghai and let me tell you if you want to go shopping with a little money, that's where you have to go.

I think that's it.

I am so envious of everyone! I have just been to several US states:

1.Pennsylvania

2.New Jersey

3.Florida

4.Mississippi

5.Alabama

6.Tennesse

Europe:

Italy

(Rome 1 week, and a small town in the middle of Italy 1 week-both on a school trip, Lignano for a 3 week language school stay, Udine for shopping trips). My hometown is 30min away from the border, yet I don´t get often enough!

Croatia, Slowenia (on vacation)

Overall I think it´s kinda sad I haven´t been to many European countries!

USA:

California (San Diego and hopefully soon L.A. Cali is the place I wanna love one day! Beautiful weather!!!)

Oklahoma (6 months as an exchange student)

Arkensas...Um, lots of trees lol

Virginia

Washington, D.C.

Tennesse (Nashville)

Texas (visited San Antonio and drove through Houston, Dallas and Austin. I LOVED Texas!!!)

All the states except 4...

Canada

Mexico

Spain

Moroco

Australia

Want to get to the rest of Europe...

well, France, of course, born and raised, between family and frequent movings, i've visited pretty much all the country.

London (LOVED it !!)

Italy (1/2 italian mom, not so far though, but we might go visit some family next summer)

Belgium (my mom is also 1/2 belgian)

places i'd love to go to :

-Ireland

-Scotland

-go back to London

-Japan

-Sweden

-the US ^^

Let's see:

I traveled only to USA - Orlando/Miami and New York and inside Brazil - i already traveled to Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, and some cities on the south of the country

I've been to Ireland, Italy (all over Italy in 3 weeks) and Canada...

As for states I've been to soo many, my favorite is Caifornia.

I haven't been much of anywhere. My grandparent's took me to Texas and California when I was 6. Between then and age 21 I didn't go more than 100 miles from my hometown. I bought a plane ticket and went to London and Edinburgh for spring break 3 years ago. So I have been to:

Omaha, NE

Minneapolis

Chicago

small towns in Iowa and Missouri

London!

Edinburgh

Travel wishlist:

Everywhere!

Hand me a credit card, plane ticket to Europe and renew my passport and I will be back in a couple years.

I've been to:

Canada

USA

France

Holland

Austria

Hongkong

Thailand

Italy

Greece

I really want to go to:

Egypt

Spain

I've been to:

Saudi Arabia (grew up there)

Bahrain

Italy

France

Greece

Germany

Switzerland

Norway

Denmark

Sweden

The Netherlands

Singapore

Britain

Scotland

Canada (Toronto)

China (study abroad)

Within the U.S. I've been to:

California (used to live there)

Kentucky (used to live there)

Ohio (born there)

Tennessee (live there now)

Nevada (Las Vegas)

Arizona

Colorado

Texas

Louisiana

Georgia

Florida

North Carolina

Wisconsin

Massachusetts

New York (upstate)

Hawaii

I'd like to go to:

Australia

New Zealand

Caribbean Islands

Brazil

Peru

Galapagos Islands

Dubai

Japan

Finland

When I went to Australia then this site http://freshnod.com/  is really informative for me and got their behaviors are really excellent. I will again love to visit Australia because of its beauty like as Sydney opera house, Sydney harbour bridge, bondi beach, darling harbour,  Australian Zoo, Kakadu national park, luna park, national gallery of Victoria etc.

OMG It's so cool to see where everyone has gone! 
It must feel awesome to go to all of these different places. I want to travel so badly when I'm done school!

The first time I went anywhere, it was Niagara Falls. I live in New York, so my Dad and his Gf's family, my sister, my grandparents and I stayed a weekend in Ontario!

Then in October, I went on my first ever plane ride! (17 years old, so you know how late the first ride was!!) I went to visit my dad's family in Kolkata, India! It was the greatest time of my life. I got to see my grandma and a whole lot of family that I haven't met in my life before then, or haven't seen since I was really young.

Now my mom promised to send me to London, England as my graduation gift this summer! I'm going to be her first daughter (out of three; I'm the youngest) to actually complete high school without just getting a GED. It's always been my dream to go to London, so I can't wait!!!! 

Do you guys have advice on how to travel to more places? I'm not going to lie, it seems expensive and intimidating. 

Oh! Not sure if this counts because I didn't actually explore the city, but on my flight to India, my father and I had a stop over in Dubai, so I walked around their huge, beautiful airport.

Back