Trying a natural hair color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!! Reija, your initial post made me cringe! As a colorist, I don't encourage home color b/c of the "accidents" that can occur.

I'm glad that it turned out ok in the end. Your poor hair! Get yourself some good protein strengthening treatments!

One of my faves is layering MOP Extreme Protein & MOP Extreme Moisture. I put the Protein on first, so it will penetrate the hair; then layer the Moisture on top. Wrap your head in saran wrap & blast a hair dryer on it for about 5 min, until it's warm. Leave it on for at least 20-30 min before rinsing.

I hope that next time you have an urge to match your root color, you'll leave it to your colorist. She didn't scold you too bad, did she?
redface.gif

Thanks for the advice! I went to see my stylist today. She cut the dead ends off and my hair is back to normal again. I will never color my hair again myself. My stylist was nice about the whole thing though when I told her the story.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thanks for the advice! I went to see my stylist today. She cut the dead ends off and my hair is back to normal again. I will never color my hair again myself. My stylist was nice about the whole thing though when I told her the story. That's good to hear!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Did you get a new style at all? How much did you trim off? Did you get a protein treatment?

We need an updated pic!
wink.gif

reghair22.jpg

reghair23.jpg

Here are some pictures of the hair cut. My face is bare other than some lipgloss. Next time I'll wear makeup. I got a layered cut which I've had before. I love my hairdresser because I don't have to tell her anything she knows how to cut it. All I told her is that I'm still trying to grow my hair despite the fact that I just fried it with the home color experiment.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
She cut the dead ends off, the layers on the top were damaged but she said the rest of the hair is good and she said that no need for a deep treatment. She was actually amazed how good of condition my hair was.

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo

That's good to hear!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Did you get a new style at all? How much did you trim off? Did you get a protein treatment?

We need an updated pic!
wink.gif

Wow! It turned out so nice!

And you photograph great even with only l/g!!

I'm sure Tony knows what a hot babe he has for a wife!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin)
reghair22.jpg

reghair23.jpg

Here are some pictures of the hair cut. My face is bare other than some lipgloss. Next time I'll wear makeup. I got a layered cut which I've had before. I love my hairdresser because I don't have to tell her anything she knows how to cut it. All I told her is that I'm still trying to grow my hair despite the fact that I just fried it with the home color experiment.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
She cut the dead ends off, the layers on the top were damaged but she said the rest of the hair is good and she said that no need for a deep treatment. She was actually amazed how good of condition my hair was.

Wow, your hair looks beautiful! I love the color & it looks like you have highlights too! I just read an article that said "red is in" but after seeing your hair now, there's no way I am going to touch red. My hair is medium/dark brown, I've never been able to achieve the blond you have...SOB!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by rowantree

Wow, your hair looks beautiful! I love the color & it looks like you have highlights too! I just read an article that said "red is in" but after seeing your hair now, there's no way I am going to touch red. My hair is medium/dark brown, I've never been able to achieve the blond you have...SOB!
wink.gif

Rowantree, this was a fun day! LOL I had to assist in hair stuff....we laughed alot(I mean I laughed) she was pissed!! Anyhow....
wink.gif

LOL she already trims my hair, what I have left LOL.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Now when does she get to play beauty salon on YOUR head?!?!?! LOL
icon_twisted.gif

Everyone lets welcome Reija's Mom from Finland! She rarely visits, but this time, she has posted a message. Let's every one say "HI"

Originally Posted by maije

Hello from Finland !!! Very nice-looking hair !! I think the colour is perfect, and if the hair sometimes feels to be too dry, mean under the Californian sun, will be worth of trying some oiltreatment with the hairdresser.
With Love "grandmutsi"

Originally Posted by maije Thank`s Tony !! I really appreciate to "stay with the young-ones" for sharing the opinions of beauty-things, too
with love "grandmutsi"

Hi Maije!!! It's so nice to meet you!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm Janelle from New York....

Hello Maije and welcome to MUT, I'm Harley from Florida, I know you will like it here,MUT is very friendly
smile.gif

How cute is all this "Thanks mom!"!!

Hiya Maije, i'm not too far from you! I'm living in Ireland! Hope to see you around the boards more often!

Back