Trying a natural hair color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought Naturcolor from Mother's Market the other day and I'm trying it today. I'm really nervous because my hair looks dark brown right now with the color on. I'm trying to get blond color. I'm going to rinse it off in a minute....will let you know what happened. Yikes!

Yikes!!! My hair turned ash. It's very gray. Now what do I do???? I ruined my beautiful blonde hair just trying to fix the roots and make it all one color. I learned my lesson big time with color hair home. I'll have to pay my stylist to fix this now. I'm sure they are not open today but I'll have to see if I can get an emergency appointment tomorrow since I can't go anywhere looking like this. Lesson for all of us to learn....leave hair coloring to the professionals. They are definitely worth the money. I was doing this trying to save money and now it's going to cost me big time. I'm so MAD!!! at myself.
icon_evil.gif

I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal. Oooh, I'm sorry to hear about this!
frown.gif
A friend of mine had a similiar problem but she kept trying to fix it herself and just made it worse. I'm sure that your stylist can get you back to a good place. It may take time & extra $$, but it'll be well worth it. Best wishes!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal. Aawww
Hugs...

Thanks everyone for your support! I feel better already just anxious to get it fixed.

Oh Reija, hope your feeling better there, I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, a color will look so good on the model in the picture that's on the box, get home and try it and it comes out looking nothing like it. I'm sure your stylist will be able to help you out, good luck and let us know how it goes.

ATTN everyone, we are goin to try to fix this now. I am helping................LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

She went and bought some professional stuff from a pro beauty supply store...

Will post back how this goes!

Originally Posted by HarleyMom

Oh Reija, hope your feeling better there, I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, a color will look so good on the model in the picture that's on the box, get home and try it and it comes out looking nothing like it. I'm sure your stylist will be able to help you out, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Awww.. sorry to hear about that Reija!! What was the color you were doing originally? Was it an ash color? I've never heard of that brand before... but sometimes those "natural" dyes use ingredients that can give some unexpected results... usually darker than others. I mean look at some of the red colors that are available... basic red dyes - then you go and use something natural like a red henna... and BAM! You've got Extreme red like Lucille Ball. The only thing I like with some natural minerals that you can buy at a store is the Garnier 100% color. Blonde hair is usually very porous from being bleached so much. So it's very easy for it to suck in color. I personally don't like ash colors - they rarely look good on anyone. Goldens are usually more friendly, especially for blondes. Hope you and your "assistant Tony" find something that works for you!
icon_confused.gif

Lets post some "IN PROGRESS" Pics, looks dark but it's cuz it's wet I HOPE LOL

Will post some FINISHED Pics after it's done also

(this is really funny w/ tony helping LOL)

reghair1.jpg

reghair2.jpg

reghair3.jpg

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Awww.. sorry to hear about that Reija!! What was the color you were doing originally? Was it an ash color? I've never heard of that brand before... but sometimes those "natural" dyes use ingredients that can give some unexpected results... usually darker than others. I mean look at some of the red colors that are available... basic red dyes - then you go and use something natural like a red henna... and BAM! You've got Extreme red like Lucille Ball. The only thing I like with some natural minerals that you can buy at a store is the Garnier 100% color. Blonde hair is usually very porous from being bleached so much. So it's very easy for it to suck in color. I personally don't like ash colors - they rarely look good on anyone. Goldens are usually more friendly, especially for blondes. Hope you and your "assistant Tony" find something that works for you!
icon_confused.gif

Still looks like it might still have a strawberry touch to it...but then again, any red is hard to remove without going with a high volume of peroxide. What stuff did you get? And definitly post the After pics!!! LOL

So far so good!!! Looks very blonde to me....blowdrying right now

WILL SEND PICS soon as we are done....

I am a computer geek NOT a hair dyer

hair dyer? is that a word?

Still looks like it might still have a strawberry touch to it...but then again, any red is hard to remove without going with a high volume of peroxide. What stuff did you get? And definitly post the After pics!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) So far so good!!! Looks very blonde to me....blowdrying right now
WILL SEND PICS soon as we are done....

I am a computer geek NOT a hair dyer

hair dyer? is that a word?

You're more a "Colorist" LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Tell her to dry faster!! LOL I have to leave for a bit - but I'm staying until you post her pics!!! j/k LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Drying faster! LOL

reghair-products.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Tell her to dry faster!! LOL I have to leave for a bit - but I'm staying until you post her pics!!! j/k LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

OKAY, I am HAPPY NOW!!!!!!

reghair5.jpg

reghair6.jpg

icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yup... I'd say you're a definite BLONDE again!! LOL Well, at least you know what color to get next time. Mega blondes is a good one.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Happy for you!! Looks good!!!

Thanks. I'm SO glad I'm back to normal. I think I burned my scalp a little bit though. It feels a little irritate tonight. I put some aloe vera gel on it. Is there anything I should do to help my scalp to recover? I don't feel it being that way the whole head, just in one part on the top of the head.

It's from dying it so many times... it will usually get irritated, no matter how 'strong-scalped' you are
icon_cheesygrin.gif
The back to back use of the peroxide will make it a little sore for awhile. Honestly, just be gentle if you shampoo, go easy on brushing, and it will heal itself within a day or two.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

WOW Reija! that looks great!
smile.gif
sorry you had to go through all of that, but i would've never known if you didn't post. be sure to condition well b/c all that color tortured your hair. also stay away from the hair dryer as much as possible until the texture is restored back to normal.

Latest posts

Back