• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Ullasea How do you use a debit card at checkout? I'm only seeing options for credit card, paypal or paypal credit card? Thanks!

It would really suck to have to switch using to using a different card because I'm a platinum member so I accrue more points using my platinum account!

If your debit card has a visa or mc logo you use it just like a cc. I don't know why its different but it did work for me. Also if you check out with a new email and as a guest you could probably use a cc.

As far as points I totally get it. I am platinum too. after the order goes through you can call ulta cs and get them to add the order to your account.

Did anyone that ordered it online get shipping info yet? Guess I should have bought it at my store. I'm having anxiety it will come broken and then be out of stock forever. Ugh I have less anxiety over million$ decisions than Ulta shipping my ltd vice palette. This is normal, right?

quite possibly you've been flagged. This has happened to me periodically. The only thing that has worked when those errors come up is either using a debit card or checking out as a guest and inputting all your information over again and also using a debit card. For some reason if you spend too much Ulta flags you as risky or something which is kind of crazy because I'm trying to give them more money and they won't take it so your best bet is to check out as a guest with a completely new email. just set up a dummy email and try it that way its work for me in the past.
So are you able to place orders online again now? If yes, how did you get the problem solved ? I have had this problem for half a year and never been resolved. ULTA  even told me to check out as guest and they will give me the points back but it is so inconvenience for me since I shop online there all the time.

@@amystore89 that sounds like a nightmare. Did they ever tell you what caused it to happen in the first place?
It was ridiculous that a Customer Service representative told me that it was some error of the system from a third party that prevent me to make a purchase online with my account. But then another representative said that it happens to very random people that they don't even know why.

One time when I was at my sister's house, I used my ULTA app to check out with my account and it went through !!! It is so weird. Looks like it has something to do with the IP address. Then I have to had my sister help me place my orders but after a few times it went back to the error.

Now If I want to place an order, I have to check out as guest with another email. I just do not understand how it works because I use all the same cards but if I go with my account it will not go through.

If they want to ban my account at the first place, how come they offer me the points back to my account after I email them the order number that I made?

Everytime I ask them about the solution for this problem they just ignore it and tell me to check out as guest or go in-store.

Anybody order the skin sampler with their order lately? I picked it for my last order and the attached picture is the only thing I got in the box besides the current catalog (and my order, of course). I thought maybe they had foils attached, but nope. Is this what they do now, or did they just forget mine?

I ordered some on sale StriVectin and an on sale China Glaze polish and used my 20% coupon. Maybe they thought I didn't deserve any for getting a $79 product for $47.60? :D

I really have never gotten any really exciting samples from Ulta, so it's no big loss. I'm just curious.

image.jpg

I've been ranting about not receiving the skin samplers.  I've received egift cards b/c of it and promises to send more samples.  Yesterday I got two absolutely ghastly sample foils.

This squeaky wheel is tired.

I had a problem ordering only once, and it was because I modified my card, THEN modified my cart. By doing that my card reverted to another credit card on file, but the security code and zip code (billing address different) didn't match so didn't go through. When I reenteres it all and went straight from cart to checkout it went fine.

Anybody order the skin sampler with their order lately? I picked it for my last order and the attached picture is the only thing I got in the box besides the current catalog (and my order, of course). I thought maybe they had foils attached, but nope. Is this what they do now, or did they just forget mine?

I ordered some on sale StriVectin and an on sale China Glaze polish and used my 20% coupon. Maybe they thought I didn't deserve any for getting a $79 product for $47.60? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really have never gotten any really exciting samples from Ulta, so it's no big loss. I'm just curious.
My last two orders were missing samples.  Well, two orders ago I got no samples.  This order I got yesterday had a plastic baggie with ONE tiny foil sample for smashbox primer, and then two of those same paper cards in it as samples.  

Yeah, this is NOT considered an acceptable sample.  At All.  

Add that to the fact they sent me a bum product.  I ordered some hair cream stuff that was like 23$ (after party illuminated cream or whatever by Bed Head)..and then like 2 days after I ordered it online they dropped the price of it down to 6 or 7$ on sale.  I was PISSED!  

Also ordered Miracle Skin Transformer-Acne, and the same brand of concealer.  Well the concealer goes on nice, but after a few hours settles into fine lines and dries out and makes my eyes look old and creepy.  

The makeup though, omg, Ulta failed to say they were selling a product that expires in March of this year.  End of Jan and they're selling something that'll expire in approx a month.  It is all oily and separated when it comes out of the tube, it smells weird (but I read reviews saying it doesn't smell the best anyways).. and it leaks out of the tube into the lid into a huge gloppy mess.  I even stored it upside down all day today and it still was all gross and leaky.  

I'm going to the store on Sunday to return all the products.  The hair stuff makes my hair all limp and yucky by mid day and the price difference still irritates me.  

I paid 33$ in reward dollars, and about 30$ out of pocket.  Does anybody know how Ulta does returns when you used store credit/reward money?  Will I get it back in my account or am I shit out of luck with that part?

@@Antidentite and @@beach16sm I just sent you each a PM, you are #s 1 and 2 for Ulta coupons I found at the post office! Lol! But let me know if you've claimed a code and I'll offer to another poster! Thanks!

Sadly, one of the coupon cards had the code (only) removed. So, I thought I had 4, and I do... One I'm keeping (it's actually mine lol!) one had the code removed, and two I've offered out.

I ordered some on sale StriVectin and an on sale China Glaze polish and used my 20% coupon. Maybe they thought I didn't deserve any for getting a $79 product for $47.60? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got so excited when I saw the photo in your post because I thought they were giving out samples of the Benefit Puff Off.  I really want to try it before I spend $29 on such a small tube.  I've tested it on my hand in Sephora, but you can't try it on your face in the store.  :sick:  Benefit needs to get on the ball & get some samples out of the Puff Off!

I can't believe you didn't receive any samples with your order.  I hope you called or emailed & complained.

@@v0ltagekid I PM'd you.

Has anyone had issues with the Philosophy powder foundation?  The one Ulta had for $25 earlier this month?  The one I started having problems with after a few days...the one that is EMPTY after about a week!!!  EMPTY!  Now, I am not so new anymore and have been using bare minerals powder, so what is this??  How could I use up a full size product - in under a week!

I stopped into Ulta to ask them, and they had no clue they even carried the product (as in, we are standing in front of it, and she tells me they don't carry it...super sweet girl...but I really am not a fan of how quick people speak with a degree of certainty, when they really don't know), and so of course she didn't have any feedback on it.  She said to try to catch the brand rep.  I said when will the brand rep be in...she said oh, we never know.  Oh, ok.  Hmpff.  No help - Sephora wins a little bit here...they at least know what they carry usually and attempt to assist even if they have no clue from personal experience.

Ulta sent me 9 samples because I told them earlier this month that I had been getting orders without them.  I said at least 3 times!  So here are the 9 - pretty happy with them actually, as most of them are new to me!  And I love foil samples!  Really!  LOL!  They scream "I'M SANITARY" LOL!!  So again I was pretty happy with what they sent me...now if only that gift card that was promised by the same person at the same time, would arrive.  I received the samples a few days ago...I've already used the green smashbox primer, and I am not a fan.  I haven't tried anything else yet.

IMG_7891.JPG

Edit to fix my grammar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ulta sent me 9 samples because I told them earlier this month that I had been getting orders without them.  I said at least 3 times!  So here are the 9 - pretty happy with them actually, as most of them are new to me!  And I love foil samples!  Really!  LOL!  They scream "I'M SANITARY" LOL!!  So again I was pretty happy with what they sent me...now if only that gift card that was promised by the same person at the same time, would arrive.  I received the samples a few days ago...I've already used the green smashbox primer, and I am not a fan.  I haven't tried anything else yet.

IMG_7891.JPG

Edit to fix my grammar!
Yup, I missed samples 3x and ended up w/ gcs and apologies, oh, and promises to send them.  I received two sad foils and I'm not even sure where they are.  They were that boring. 

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, I waited to use my 20% off coupon until today, and today I get an email (FINALLY) with an online code...AND IT DOUBLES WITH THE MAILED CODE!  YAHOO!!!  HI HO HI HO, IT'S OFF TO SHOP ULTA.COM I GO!  YIPPEE!

PS - I'm sorry no buy low buy folks...but...40% off!!!

So, I waited to use my 20% off coupon until today, and today I get an email (FINALLY) with an online code...AND IT DOUBLES WITH THE MAILED CODE! YAHOO!!! HI HO HI HO, IT'S OFF TO SHOP ULTA.COM I GO! YIPPEE!

PS - I'm sorry no buy low buy folks...but...40% off!!!
Hey, are you able to check out with both coupons? I doubled mine as well but the website wont let me check out! I've tried 2 different cards and 2 different email accounts and no luck. I keep getting a billing error. I have plenty of funds and credit available so it can't be that. Did they catch onto this trick finally? So sad. :-(

Hey, are you able to check out with both coupons? I doubled mine as well but the website wont let me check out! I've tried 2 different cards and 2 different email accounts and no luck. I keep getting a billing error. I have plenty of funds and credit available so it can't be that. Did they catch onto this trick finally? So sad. :-(
oo i hope someone else tries and lets us know - i want to use 2 forms of payment so i'd essentially have to buy a gift card first. don't want to buy it if double coupons won't work!

Latest posts

Back