• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, are you able to check out with both coupons? I doubled mine as well but the website wont let me check out! I've tried 2 different cards and 2 different email accounts and no luck. I keep getting a billing error. I have plenty of funds and credit available so it can't be that. Did they catch onto this trick finally? So sad. :-(
I don't know...I'm waiting on a friend of mine to see if she wants anything...and I only have one set so don't want to check out...and I'm literally chained to my laptop! LOL!  Of course, I will feel ultra dumb if I can't get the deal, and I sit around all day trying not to time out of the website!  Hahahaha!!

oo i hope someone else tries and lets us know - i want to use 2 forms of payment so i'd essentially have to buy a gift card first. don't want to buy it if double coupons won't work!
 It just worked for me.

double.JPG

Log in to your account and load your cart.  Add a coupon.  Log out.  Add an item to your cart.  Remove the existing coupon and replace with another coupon.  Log back in to your account.  If it doesn't immediately add...click on a link on the side and look at an item, then click on your cart...should now have two discounts showing!!  Once both coupons are showing you can modify your cart as you wish - the coupons will stay as long as you are logged in.

EDIT:  Did that make sense?
Thank you!!

So I know the coupons say one time use, but you guys I used mine right away once, and, from past experience, found you can reuse them once your order ships!  So with the email today, I was able to do 20% like on the 25 or 26th, and now I can reuse it with the online code. 

I am not going to hope for this option in the future, I've decided that I'm going for the big guns today...the Chi multi size (interchangeable) wand (on sale too!) and the Tria.  FINALLY!  BE GONE FACIAL HAIR HAHAHAHA!!!  Don't want my grandson calling me GRANDPA!! LOL!

Thanks for letting me know. What am I doing wrong? I'm totally confused. I've never had a problem with doubling coupons in the past.
sometimes they flag random accounts and don't let you check out. it happened to a lot of people last time.

Aaaaand, it happened to me.  I could cry.  I was waiting to hear back from a friend, and have literally been playing around for almost 4 hours hoping to hear from her...I am so bummed. I'm going to shower and do some chores, work off some of my crankiness...boo-hoo..sniffle sniffle...

Happy shopping to those of you that can order though!  GREAT DEAL if you can get it LOL!  Don't delay, I think that is what caused me issues.  I have never had this happen before so it must be how much I played around with my cart.  Poopie!!

I don't know...I'm waiting on a friend of mine to see if she wants anything...and I only have one set so don't want to check out...and I'm literally chained to my laptop! LOL!  Of course, I will feel ultra dumb if I can't get the deal, and I sit around all day trying not to time out of the website!  Hahahaha!!
!!! I"ll give you mine. I was going to ask if you want it then I totally forgot with my crazy week at work. SOrry about that. I'm glad I managed just to catch you XD

Aaaaand, it happened to me.  I could cry.  I was waiting to hear back from a friend, and have literally been playing around for almost 4 hours hoping to hear from her...I am so bummed. I'm going to shower and do some chores, work off some of my crankiness...boo-hoo..sniffle sniffle...

Happy shopping to those of you that can order though!  GREAT DEAL if you can get it LOL!  Don't delay, I think that is what caused me issues.  I have never had this happen before so it must be how much I played around with my cart.  Poopie!!
Try this first: close out your browser and clear the cache/cookies. Then, reopen it, and log back into your account. Mine saved the doubled coupon, but cleared out the weird error message at payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
And thank you so much for the tip on how to double..I really shouldn't have been ordering, and wouldn't have used 20%, but stacking them netted me a handful of things I needed plus a splurge item I would have never bought before the 40% off: the Whish Body oil in lavender+ the fwp mini body butter in almond. I got the lavender body butter mini in my birchbox this month, and I love it so much, to me it smells like homemade lavender marshmallows.

@ Is this the Philosophy powder foundation you're talking about?

http://www.philosophy.com/foundation/supernatural-airbrushed-canvas-spf-15/supernatural-airbrushed-canvas-spf-15,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_supernatural-airbrushed-canvas-spf-15_color=snac%20rich%20toffee&cgid=C127

From the reviews on Philosophy's own site, it looks like it had a change in packaging that is very unpopular as many find it unusable and difficult to get the product out. 
Yes!  That is the one!  I have it in my bag, actually with my receipt but I bought it on a 5x day, and I don't think they will give me equal credit for the points.  I'm reading their fine print about returns right now, actually...that and trying to get an order through.

Now I understand the frustration out there...I can't even use paypal!

If anyone wants to place my order for me, you can have my points I'll western union you money IMMEDIATELY!  Cash is in my hand...I really want two things at 40% off and I actually am very cranky that I can't order!  I wanted the Tria and the Chi multi change wand that is on sale.  This is more of a PSA than an actual offer - I know those are pricey...and I don't even know if I'm upset that I can't order, or upset that I can't order and ordering is a coping mechanism, so I'm left without a way to cope...

It's like, I can feel myself cranky, I can tell myself that this is super silly for something that isn't even supposed to work anyway, and I STILL can't let it go.  So it's probably something else...

And I'm sorry to get a bit personal right now, but I think it is from last night.  A very close friend of mine called and wanted to come by, and I'm sick and didn't want to get her or her 8 year old daughter sick, but she insisted...Well she came by, and we exchanged Christmas presents (yeah, we keep missing each other) but she wanted to tell me that she had a stroke about 10 days ago.  She's 28!!

It's a long story how we met, and I helped her get on her feet and she is now a thriving, positive, happy young woman, and a good mom (no drugs here, different circumstances but not abuse in any way) and it is like her life FINALLY is on an upward path, and this.

After she left last night I was really upset, then I remembered something she told me when I first met her, and it just has me on edge.  She told me she was going to die young.  Now, when she told me that while she was staying with me (until she found her own place) I was thinking she meant her lifestyle - let's just say she likes men.  A lot.  And not an alcoholic, but can certainly drink when she is in the mood and she is very...how do you say...street wise?  Her English isn't proper and we work on it (her request) and every where she goes she seems to find trouble.  And she has a habit of beating up guys.  Girls too,  but it's when she kicks the guys from here to Kingdom Come that she puts herself in danger...ANYWAY...I am unable to deal with her prediction from 3 years ago, and the news of her recent stroke...

I want to be alone but I can't (roommate) so I came to my old apt that I still have (still working on final cleaning stuff) and I just can't do anything but cry.

OMWORD!  That's more than any of you needed this Saturday, but thank you for letting me vent..I needed to say something to someone...and you all are always so good with your words, wisdom, perspective...if anyone has any words for me now I'm open to hear anything, anything other than what i keep playing over and over in my head.

:scared:

Try this first: close out your browser and clear the cache/cookies. Then, reopen it, and log back into your account. Mine saved the doubled coupon, but cleared out the weird error message at payment.
OH!  REALLY???  I am not sure I know how to clear the cache on my MACBOOK PRO...is @ in the house???  HAAAAAAALP!!!  I know you are new to MAC - but you are a smart cookie and I'm sure know your way around better than I do already hahaha!!

OH!  REALLY???  I am not sure I know how to clear the cache on my MACBOOK PRO...is @ in the house???  HAAAAAAALP!!!  I know you are new to MAC - but you are a smart cookie and I'm sure know your way around better than I do already hahaha!!
Maybe close safari, open it, go up to the toolbar menu for "history" and then click "clear history and website data"? Then close safari again and open it back up and you should be good?

It wouldn't let me check out with the coupon doubled no matter what so I just went with 20% off since I wasn't making a huge purchase and was paying with a gift card. Just needed a few essentials. Plus the lack of GWPs made me feel less motivated to try to force it to work, if that makes any sense haha. I'll make up for it next time around.

https://answers.syr.edu/display/software/Clear+Cache+in+Safari+version+7+on+Mac+OSX

I am on PC, so I personally know zilch about Macs, but try this procedure in the link, as everything I googled looked to be some version of this..

I don't think I did it right...I deleted the history - manually just deleted each line of ulta from today, but that wasn't enough to fix it.

I'm even more cranky because I emailed them two weeks ago that I never got the email offer- and I didn't get my mailed coupon until a couple of days later than a lot of us here, but...I did get it eventually so didn't worry about following up on not getting an email offer, then I get one on the last day, and they shut me out??  I know I know, there is a reason, but it's still ANNOYING AS HECK!!

@ oops I confused cache with cookies LOL. Here's how you actually do it:

Click Safari

Select Preferences

Go to the Advanced tab

Select "Show Develop menu in menu bar"

Then click on the Develop menu that appears at the top and select Empty Cache :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ oops I confused cache with cookies LOL. Here's how you actually do it:

Click Safari

Select Preferences

Go to the Advanced tab

Select "Show Develop menu in menu bar"

Then click on the Develop menu that appears at the top and select Empty Cache :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I did that but I still can't order.  It's ok.  You guys have been so super helpful, I'm gonna cry UNCLE and take a break from Ulta.  I'm sure I'll try again before 10pm PT because...WAH...but I sincerely appreciate you guys!  I need a walk. Hmpff...

I did that but I still can't order.  It's ok.  You guys have been so super helpful, I'm gonna cry UNCLE and take a break from Ulta.  I'm sure I'll try again before 10pm PT because...WAH...but I sincerely appreciate you guys!  I need a walk. Hmpff...
Maybe they caught the issue but were only successful with shutting safari uses out from doubling up, who knows lol. This is the first time I've ever had trouble paying (also tried on my iphone and the ulta app) but I was too lazy to get my butt up off the couch to go to a windows computer to see if that would make a difference.

ETA: it let me check out with no issue with the 20% off though smh. I guess I should just be relieved their system didn't somehow randomly ban me from making online purchases at all seeing how they refuse to resolve that issue for the ladies who are affected by it.

I got so excited when I saw the photo in your post because I thought they were giving out samples of the Benefit Puff Off. I really want to try it before I spend $29 on such a small tube. I've tested it on my hand in Sephora, but you can't try it on your face in the store. :sick: Benefit needs to get on the ball & get some samples out of the Puff Off!

I can't believe you didn't receive any samples with your order. I hope you called or emailed & complained.
I was excited about the Puff Off too. The card was a big tease since it's a folded. I opened it up thinking the sample was inside, but nope, nothing there. I thought I wactually got half decent sample from Ulta.

I didn't bother emailing or anything. They seem to like to send me the Cotz stuff. I think I have enough foils of that to last me a lifetime.

Back