Ulta Grand opening

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkimouse

<3 Nikki <3
Reaction score
There is a grand opening for an ulta a couple towns over from me.(make this store a little closer then my normal store)  My MIL and I will be going early Friday morning!!!! I'm so excited i don't know what to expect.  The email I got said they were giving out gift cards and salon services to the first 100 people.  My only sad is there isn't going to be a brow bar :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     

I can't wait to check back in and let you all know how it went.   If you have been to a grand opening please let me know what to expect.  

I'm in Central FL (Space Coast, whee!) and I have an Ulta opening up from me... soon. So they say. No date announced yet. How far in advance did you find out about yours? I'm planning to grab my Mom and have a girls' day out, get me some brow loving and freebies. 

ETA: May 30! WOO HOO!!! Bring on the goodie bags!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Central FL (Space Coast, whee!) and I have an Ulta opening up from me... soon. So they say. No date announced yet. How far in advance did you find out about yours? I'm planning to grab my Mom and have a girls' day out, get me some brow loving and freebies.

ETA: May 30! WOO HOO!!! Bring on the goodie bags!
Go it is so worth it free hair cuts and gift certificates for the first 100 people. And they are good for about a month. So you can wait till an awesome sale.

Go it is so worth it free hair cuts and gift certificates for the first 100 people. And they are good for about a month. So you can wait till an awesome sale.
Free hair cuts? NO WAY. I need a cut so bad. OMFG. It's going to be the Best. Day. Ever. 

Well, okay, not as good as getting the keys to the new house, but up there. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@gingerneko Hi neighbor!!  I probably live right around the corner from you!  I'm so excited about the new Ulta opening in Viera!  ...my husband is not as excited, lol!  The one in Palm Bay has been nice, but I'm excited to get one so close!

I haven't decided whether or not go to the Grand Opening event yet (I thought it was the 31st?)  I'm very curious to see what kind of goodies they'll give out.  I don't know if it'll make me want to deal with the crowds though.

@@gingerneko Hi neighbor!!  I probably live right around the corner from you!  I'm so excited about the new Ulta opening in Viera!  ...my husband is not as excited, lol!  The one in Palm Bay has been nice, but I'm excited to get one so close!

I haven't decided whether or not go to the Grand Opening event yet (I thought it was the 31st?)  I'm very curious to see what kind of goodies they'll give out.  I don't know if it'll make me want to deal with the crowds though.
I totally missed this post. Derp. I did go, got the free haircut/style and a $15 GC, and it was major fun. I still have to go back to get my brows done soon. I do want to try and stop by tomorrow AM to see if I can get one of the last 100 GCs.

My recommendation would be not to waste your time on Ulta Grand Opening Events.

My daughter and I attended an Ulta Grand Opening event today and it was a total waste of our time.  We had read about fun Ulta Grand Opening events with freebies and grab bags on different blogs, so we were super excited.  They advertised free "gift cards" with amounts between $5 and $100 to the first 100 customers, so we got there an hour and a half early and there were already almost 50 people in line. 

What a joke!  My "gift card" was a $5 off coupon that expires next month and cannot be combined with any other offers or Ulta coupons and my daughter wasn't eligible to receive one because she's not 18.  This was so funny to me because I already had a $5 off and a 20% coupon I had received in the mail (the 20% coupon was a much better deal btw).  The SAs read off the amounts of the "gift cards" as everyone walked through the door and grabbed one out of a box and I mostly heard $5 amounts - I only heard a few $10 and a few $15 amounts - nothing larger. They also provided a coupon for a free haircut or facial at their salon.  That was it.

There were no freebies, no giveaways, no samples.  Worse, a  lot of products were out of stock, the store was so packed you couldn't walk through the aisles and they were entirely out of the Ulta Rewards free birthday gift mascaras (they just opened!!!????!!!).  I'm an Ulta platinum member (at least two times over), but when I explicitly asked if they had any samples at checkout, they told me they don't do that - they only have gifts with purchase of certain brands (other Ultas in town actually provide perfume or skincare samples at checkout when I ask).  Overall, I was very disappointed - the "event" didn't feel like anything different than shopping at any Ulta during the busy holiday season.

Latest posts

Back