Under Eye Concealer - Amazing Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am currently trying to buy a new undereye concealer, so far everything i have tried has not worked on my undereye circles (i give up on treatments, might as well cover them up!)

i have tried biotherm concealer - too light

Benefit Boiing - cakey, doesn't cover well

Benefit Lemon-aid - doesn't work

clinique - dont get me started on this

MAC - still doesn't work for me
frown.gif

Physicians Formula - hell no
frown.gif

Shu Eumura - this one was the most promising, but it rubs off too easily.

Smashbox - doesn't work on me

any suggestions??

I have considered the following:

P9296_hero.jpg
Fresh Absolute Concealer

P66722_hero.jpg
Dior Skinflash Radiance booster

025172_l.jpg
Lancome Effacernes

P59405_hero.jpg
Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

i am very curious about this one. it says it provides the greatest coverage out of all the concealers in the market!

what do u think??

Dior Skinflash isn't bad, but it hasn't that great coverage. Lancome Effacernes was my Holy Grail the last years, but now it's the concealer from Kanebo! Such great coverage and staying power for my very dark undereye circles!

I think Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer is the best. I've tried Effacernes and it isn't as good a MUFE imho. I haven't tried Amazing Cosmetics but I think it's twice the price of MUFE. Sephora has MUFE so you can compare prices there.

I think the Dior concealer is more like YSL's Touch Eclat- not a whole lot of coverage. TE is better over my concealer- helps to reflect light and brighten up the eye area even more but useless as a concealer on its own.

No idea about Fresh.

You might want to check out Becca's concealer. It has a medium coverage side and and extra coverage side. I tried it at Sephora and the extra coverage was great!

Apparently, you can cover a tattoo with the extra coverage- they actually did it on a Sephora employee. I'm going to purchase it to use on my tattoo for a wedding in September.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5717

Hi, do you happen to know that color system for the becca concealer.....there are only like 100 to choose from....lol........but I was wondering if the first tone/color in the name was what you felt your undertones were? or is it because it has more of that tone in it?

Hopefully this question makes sense.......thanks

Originally Posted by wongy74 You might want to check out Becca's concealer. It has a medium coverage side and and extra coverage side. I tried it at Sephora and the extra coverage was great!
Apparently, you can cover a tattoo with the extra coverage- they actually did it on a Sephora employee. I'm going to purchase it to use on my tattoo for a wedding in September.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5717

Yikes! The search for a perfect undereye concealer is a long, hard journey. Here are a few suggestions......

Estee Lauder Maximum Cover- This has so much coverage, but feels weightless on the skin. It is waterproof too. Caution! If you use too much it will crease...just use a tiny dot, a little goes a looooooooong way. Use only undereye though.

Dior Moisturizing Concealer- Love It!!! Doesn't dry me out like every other concealer on the planet.

Invest in a good eyecream too. Good Luck!

Benebaby what are your thoughts on the Benefit Boiing? I was thinking of trying it.

They have a great color selection so that people won't have too much trouble finding a shade that matches them. It does get complicated if you try to do it online though.

I think I would use cashew, which is for yellow/fair to medium complexions, meaning that I have yellow undertones to my skin and the darkness of my skin is between fair and medium- not quite one but not quite the other.

I hope that makes sense. I guess you would have to know how to characterize your skin to buy concealer/fndtn online. It would be best if you could see the Becca items in person, but you can always try to match up your current concealer to one of the Becca shades, make sure the description doesn't sound totally off, buy it from Sephora, and if doesn't work, return it and get another one to try. Pain in the ass though if you don't get it right within the first two tries.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by kerri Hi, do you happen to know that color system for the becca concealer.....there are only like 100 to choose from....lol........but I was wondering if the first tone/color in the name was what you felt your undertones were? or is it because it has more of that tone in it?Hopefully this question makes sense.......thanks

Also, Kerri, the shade in front of the slash (/) (either yellow, neutral, pink, neutral-warm, etc.) refers to the undertones of your skin, while the shade behind the slash (lightest, light to fair, fair, tan, golden brown, etc) refers to the darkness of your skin.

HTH!

Becca's coverage is sooo good. Idk about how it would work under the eye though. I figure it might be drier since it is in pot form, so need to use lots of eyecream with it. It's kind of expensive too, 33 USD.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I may have to check out the Becca one when im in London this week! I only have like £160 to take tho xx

Okay thanks! That's what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure.......I have pink undertones....and I am not porcelain but more ivory/fair........so I think I can get pretty close ........thanks again for the help on that! I am excited to try it too!

Originally Posted by wongy74 They have a great color selection so that people won't have too much trouble finding a shade that matches them. It does get complicated if you try to do it online though.
I think I would use cashew, which is for yellow/fair to medium complexions, meaning that I have yellow undertones to my skin and the darkness of my skin is between fair and medium- not quite one but not quite the other.

I hope that makes sense. I guess you would have to know how to characterize your skin to buy concealer/fndtn online. It would be best if you could see the Becca items in person, but you can always try to match up your current concealer to one of the Becca shades, make sure the description doesn't sound totally off, buy it from Sephora, and if doesn't work, return it and get another one to try. Pain in the ass though if you don't get it right within the first two tries.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 They have a great color selection so that people won't have too much trouble finding a shade that matches them. It does get complicated if you try to do it online though.

icon_rolleyes.gif

thanks girl! never thought about getting it before!
smile.gif
it's definately cheaper than amazing cosmetics, i'll give becca a try
wink.gif

BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CONCEALER CORRECTOR AND REGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have horribe dark circles and have tried EVERYTHING (well, almost) and i love BB. i just bought skinflash last week and i'm returning it. it's a lot like BB concealer.

Originally Posted by Jennifer BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CONCEALER CORRECTOR AND REGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have horribe dark circles and have tried EVERYTHING (well, almost) and i love BB. i just bought skinflash last week and i'm returning it. it's a lot like BB concealer.

Is the BB oil-free? I've never tried any BB products.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Is the BB oil-free? I've never tried any BB products. i have no idea! sorry
icon_sad.gif

we have lots of BB creamy concealer users, though. i'm sure they could help.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Benebaby what are your thoughts on the Benefit Boiing? I was thinking of trying it. Boiing is an industrial strength concealer. It will cover dark circles and blends easily. I like this for undereye only. I think it has pretty good staying power too. Try it out! It may be an HG?????????
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Boiing is an industrial strength concealer. It will cover dark circles and blends easily. I like this for undereye only. I think it has pretty good staying power too. Try it out! It may be an HG?????????
icon_biggrin.gif
oy. i think i really do have powerful undereye circles,
frown.gif
cause the benefit boiing and beneift lemon-aide didn't work for me...i was really excited about it when i brought it, cause of what their info on sephora.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Boiing is an industrial strength concealer. It will cover dark circles and blends easily. I like this for undereye only. I think it has pretty good staying power too. Try it out! It may be an HG?????????
icon_biggrin.gif
Sounds good. I will probably try it since I also "need" one or two of the new palettes. Thanks!

I have been debating Amazing Concealer too. I think it was either Lucky or Allure that raved about it recently. Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer is supposed to be great, you can use it as concealer or allover foundation. I've heard tons of good things about it.

I've tried Benefit's concealers and Bobbi Brown's concealers. They're okay but crease like MAD on me! If you have the tiniest wrinkle, these will make it look bigger. I'm 25, for reference. I know some board members are younger and don't have a wrinkle anywhere so just giving you my input.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back