Valentine's Rhymes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not long now until Valentine's Day (Feb 14th), lets share our Valentine's Rhyme's and let the God of Love, Cupid fire his arrow of Love.

Found this one on the WEB Here's to my Mom, what can I say? She makes me come in when I want to play And brush my teeth four times a day! At homework time there's no horseplay. Sometimes when we are at the table She says, "Eat that!" and I'm not able Cause she's pointing at a vegetable, Food that belongs out in the stable! When I think she's gone, she soon appears And shouts, "Now wash behind those ears." Then, "Pick up that mess you little dears." When I say bad stuff she always hears. Because of her I pout and whine, As I hang my clothes up in a line. But, still, today this Mom of mine Is getting this sweet Valentine! So now, dear Mom, I'll tell you true. I forgive the stuff you make me do. And hope that all my love comes through On this Valentine I've made for you. Here's to my Mom, what can I say? She makes me come in when I want to play And brush my teeth four times a day! At homework time there's no horseplay. Sometimes when we are at the table She says, "Eat that!" and I'm not able Cause she's pointing at a vegetable, Food that belongs out in the stable! When I think she's gone, she soon appears And shouts, "Now wash behind those ears." Then, "Pick up that mess you little dears." When I say bad stuff she always hears. Because of her I pout and whine, As I hang my clothes up in a line. But, still, today this Mom of mine Is getting this sweet Valentine! So now, dear Mom, I'll tell you true. I forgive the stuff you make me do. And hope that all my love comes through On this Valentine I've made for you. Here's to my Mom, what can I say? She makes me come in when I want to play And brush my teeth four times a day! At homework time there's no horseplay. Sometimes when we are at the table She says, "Eat that!" and I'm not able Cause she's pointing at a vegetable, Food that belongs out in the stable! When I think she's gone, she soon appears And shouts, "Now wash behind those ears." Then, "Pick up that mess you little dears." When I say bad stuff she always hears. Because of her I pout and whine, As I hang my clothes up in a line. But, still, today this Mom of mine Is getting this sweet Valentine! So now, dear Mom, I'll tell you true. I forgive the stuff you make me do. And hope that all my love comes through On this Valentine I've made for you.

This is what my Valentine will be getting.......

"Still I Rise"

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

Maya Angelou
Its a little darker than I want but it still works.

W~O~W!!!!!!!!!!!!! Powerful Stuff! I think i will perhaps send my ex a valentine with some of those words! Is this to an ex? or am i just taking it too literally? Its a very interesting peom. I am sure Mother's everywhere will adore the Valentine's for mums!

Originally Posted by candy W~O~W!!!!!!!!!!!!! Powerful Stuff! I think i will perhaps send my ex a valentine with some of those words! Is this to an ex? or am i just taking it too literally? Its a very interesting peom. I am sure Mother's everywhere will adore the Valentine's for mums! Well, its ment for the current but I'm just mad at him right now!! LOL It is a beautiful poem anyway.

Girl are you sure you're mad..LOL Sounds like you've got a voodoo doll ready too

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Well, its ment for the current but I'm just mad at him right now!! LOL It is a beautiful poem anyway.

Ah a voodoo doll, good idea! LOL! Originally Posted by allisong Girl are you sure you're mad..LOL Sounds like you've got a voodoo doll ready too

Latest posts

Back