Vegas Trip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to share with you all my latest adventure. I was in Vegas from Thursday morning until Sunday moirning and had a blast. THe reason for the trip was to celebrate my college graduation. About 17 of us went and most of it was family from Mexico. I was really excited that they all got to go since it was more of a hassle for them to travel to the US. We stayed at the Circus Circus hotel and lucky for us, we were all able to stay in the same floor (not so lucky for the other guests but I will get to that later.) Here is a breakdown of what we did:

Thursday - went to the Hoover Dam and threw a coin into it. We did it so that we would have good luck with the gambling that we were going to do. After that, we stopped at the premium outlets so that some of my family members could shop. OMG, can they shop. We then all got dressed up and went to dinner. After that, we got in a hummer limo (I love those) and rode to the Rio hotel were we went dancing for a while. The crowd that was there was sort of rowdy so we decided to go gamble. We ended up at the Ceasar Palace and went to a nightclub called Cleopatras. They played some great Latin music and it got us all in a great mood. Then we went to the Paris Hotel and after that, most everyone wanted to go back to the hottel (it was 4am) but my cousin JJ, his friend and I werent done for the night. I ended up gamblinig until 9am. Yikes! I waas walking on the strip with a cold Corona at 9am. How scandalous! As I walked back into my room, my mom and sister were already showered and ready to go.
icon_eek.gif

Friday - after getting two hours of sleep, we proceeded to go to the Bellagio for brunch. it was amazing. I think we spent close to two hours there. YUM YUM YUM!! WE then walked the strip and visited the hotels. i should mention, out of the 17 of us that went, only three of us had ever been to Vegas. So it was an eye opening experience for all of them. Once we got into the Ceasars Palace, I of course raced to the MAC shops with one of my cousins and spent close to an hour there.
icon_redface.gif
My cousin got a makeover and bought close to $300 worth of merchandise. Then we went to the Paris Hotel and got on top of the Eiffel Tower. What an awesome view. It was really windy so we got down real quick. After that, we all went to dinner at a Japanese steak house as a celebratory dinner for my graduation. It was a great and yummy dinner. Some of my family went back to the hotel (the older folks
tongue.gif
) and then we were ready to gamble to more. I think that night I got back into my room at about 4 am. Not too bad...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Saturday - visited more hotels (the Venetian, Treasure Island, Luxor, Excalibur) and made a stop at Sephora. Didn't buy anything there with the exception of some lip balm because my lips were chapped and I was really hung over. Went back to the hotel and took a nap. Got ready to go out for the night. A bunch of us decided that we wanted to see Zumanity (a Cirque Du Soleil show) and it was amazing. Anyone who goes to Vegas needs to see this. its for people 18 an dover so no kiddies allowed. Its not your typical circus. After that, we went to the Wynn Hotel (which is the newest hotel in Vegas, it opened on April 28, 2005) and it is awesome. Had drinks at one of the bars there and saw two of the water shows. We were there until about 4:30 am. Had the most expensive martini known to man ($17 for a Grey Goose martini). But it was gooooooooooood! After that, some of us went back to my hotel room because my mom, sister and I were leaving at 9am. We ate some cheese and drank some wine and talked the morning away. We were laughing so hard that security had to come knock on our door and tell us to be quiet.
eek.gif

It was such a great trip and I wish I was still there with my family. it was a great way to celebrate my college graduation.

Anyways, sorry if this post is so long but I just wanted to share it with you guys. Here are some pics from the trip.

Awesome, congrats on getting your degree! I will be so happy when I'm done with school. I have about 2 1/2 years left. Sounds like you had a blast in Vegas. That's cool that so many in your family were able to go. When we went to Vegas in January they were working on the Wynn Hotel. It looked really nice.

How wonderful! Sounds like such an awesome trip!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Congratulations on your graduation too! Great pictures!!!

Thanks! I figured you guys know me so well I should share other parts of my life with you besides make-up!

Awww! your pics make me miss Vegas even more!! lol Looks like you had a great trip!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What!?!? All those girls with you and no "Thunder from Down Under"!?!?!
tongue.gif

I was the only one that wanted to see them but look at the all.. they are sure excited to see them. That is my mom in the middle with the light blue outfit on!

glad you had a good time. i've only been to vegas once and that was years ago with my family, so i didn't get to see much. i hope to go to vegas this year with the bf. i'm goin shopping!! hehe. the outlets, the ceaser's palace shops, all of it! lol. and since i don't want to waste my $ gambling or drinking, i can do more shopping. hehe.

how did you like the forum? and the mac store? lol

I love the Forum Shops. They so many types of stores that you could spend so many days there. They are a tad on the expensive side but well worth it.

The MAC store was sort of disappointing. They were out of a lot of stuff (not talking about the D'Bohemian line) and it is tiny! They did have plenty of MA's around but because it was so packed, you needed to wait your turn.

They also have the Fashion Mall by Treasure Island which has a Nordies that has a MAC counter. I didn't check that mall out but it will have to be visited next time I go.

i'm glad you had such a good time! thanks for sharing the pics! you all look great
biggrin.gif

congrats on your graduation!
smile.gif

I got up to Saturday and I was already exhausted.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sounds like a great trip. I have yet to make that first trip to LV, but I'm hoping a special friend and I will sometime this year. Congrats on your graduation!!!

Originally Posted by Sofia I got up to Saturday and I was already exhausted.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sounds like a great trip. I have yet to make that first trip to LV, but I'm hoping a special friend and I will sometime this year. Congrats on your graduation!!! I was exhausted too but I figure that all these people made this special trip to celebrate ME that I had to give it my all. At my ripe age of 25 (soon to be 26) I was already starting to feel old.
tongue.gif

Sounds like you had a GREAT vacation! Now I can't wait til I go to Vegas (for the first time!!!) in two weeks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds like you had so much fun Marisol!! I'm so jealous that you got to see Cirque de Soleil -- was it amazing??? I need to get my @ss out to Vegas to see them!

Congrats, Marisol, on your graduation! What an accomplishment!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I loved the pics! Looks and sounds like yall had a blast. Makes me wanna go back. It has been awhile since I've been to Vegas but I sure love going.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I know you made some awesome memories.
icon_cool.gif

Glad you had fun on your trip Marisol! I was wondering about it & thought it was this weekend. Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
cool.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
cool.gif
You know it!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Sounds like you had a GREAT vacation! Now I can't wait til I go to Vegas (for the first time!!!) in two weeks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If you need any recommendations on things to do, let me know. I have my there 5 times now and I am always finding new things.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Sounds like you had so much fun Marisol!! I'm so jealous that you got to see Cirque de Soleil -- was it amazing??? I need to get my @ss out to Vegas to see them! Zumanity was amazing. I have seen one of the Cirque De Soleil show before, Alegria, and it was definately more family oriented. This one was for adults and it was so passionate and erotic. It really drew you in. The music was amazing. if anyone wants a copy of the CD, let me know and I will burn one for them. Its too bad that it is not out on DVD yet.

WOW Marisol, You really know how to party! It sounds like you all had a brilliant time and you all look fantastic! (i love that pink phoncho)!!! and Congratulations. You all look so happy and i can tell you had an AMAZING time, and a jam packed 4 days of fun, and great memories. You go girl!!!

Congrats on your degree and I am so happy that you had a great trip. Especially some of your family coming was awesome
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back