Very oily hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GIRL. You are preaching to me. I used to struggle with this SO BADLY. Like exactly like your kitchen oil analogy haha I am serious when I say it is all about the products you are using on your hair. I switched to a new all natural luxury hair care line about 6 months ago, and it is like I have a brand new head of hair. I was in the "wash every day to be socially acceptable" club, and now I only wash my hair about twice a week! It's all about finding the right products for your hair, and giving your hair time to heal and shed all of the nasty buildup that has been caked on there from years of using chemical products. Feel free to reach out, I would love to tell you more! :)  

My hair is so disgustingly oily that if i dont wash it for even 2 days it looks like someone poured a whole bottle of cooking oil down my hair. I have to wash it everyday and im really worried that this damages it ? Is this normal ?
Hi Princessbella! How's your hair now? I think there is nothing wrong with washing your hair everyday. But I would suggest not to shampoo your hair daily. Just do it like 3-4 times a week and use conditioner daily. I would also suggest that you use natural hair care products.

Hi dear, if your hair are oily then don't get panic. You have a solution that you can wash daily because I beleive managing rough hair is more difficult. Don't use any oil and try to use organic hair product to wash your hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good baby shampoo helps me. It’s for children. It really works, and the head does not jog so quickly. Because they have no silicones. Or just try to buy silicone-free shampoo

I think there are plenty of people who wash their hair every day! I used to, until recently.

Now I shampoo & condition every other day. On the days I don't, I use a dry shampoo to soak up any excess oil.

Honestly, I think you just have to figure out what works best for your hair type! There's not really a normal with this sort of thing. Maybe experiment with different types of shampoos or a dry shampoo & see if you can find a good balance!

OMG. Thank you!

If you’re washing every other day and still have oily hair, it’s okay to boost up to washing once per day.

Try this easy oily hair remedy at home: add one to two teaspoons of aloe vera gel to a tablespoon of lemon juice, then add a cup of water to the mixture and mix well. Use the mixture to rinse your hair, preferably after shampooing. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash off with cold water. Repeat weekly.

Latest posts

Back