Vintage nail polish.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also, I miss those old WnW polishes too, purely for nostalgia. They were cheap and they were sold at the only store we had in my hometown that sold makeup, so I had bunches when I was a kid! I loved the "midnight" ones, was that what they were called? The ones that were blue/black, green/black, and so on. I feel like they were called midnight blue and midnight green....that was a long time ago...
I have old bottles of what sounds like that collection. Unless it's a different collection, the colors I have are called Blackest Blue, Blackest Red, and Blackest Purple. I remember passing on the green one  I used them mostly in high school, but they're still usable now too.

And me three with the chalkiness on my Revlon swatches (I use wheels). I wonder what ingredient causes it. I thought it was a fluke at first, until I noticed I was seeing it on all the Revlons and not any others.

I have old bottles of what sounds like that collection. Unless it's a different collection, the colors I have are called Blackest Blue, Blackest Red, and Blackest Purple. I remember passing on the green one  I used them mostly in high school, but they're still usable now too. And me three with the chalkiness on my Revlon swatches (I use wheels). I wonder what ingredient causes it. I thought it was a fluke at first, until I noticed I was seeing it on all the Revlons and not any others.
YES!! That's them!! I LOVED those! I remember those were a little more expensive than the ones in the round bottles, so they were even more of a big deal (for little 4th and 5th grade me with no money) to get. I love those polishes so much! Wow, thanks for posting this! I am now being flooded with memories of me and my friends in 6th grade painting our boyfriends toenails, haha!

I have a lot of Vintage Revlon colors.  Here's one that I love, unfortunately getting too thick to use and not available anywhere online.  It's an iridescent light raspberry color with just a hint of peach.  (in the photo it looks orange, not!)

Berry_Bloom.jpg

Back