Walgreen's Beauty Sample Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see any thread or forum related to this, so I figured I would start one and someone can move it if there's a better place for it.   
whistling.gif
   Haha!

I went to Walgreen's today and cashed in on their BOGO 50% off of Revlon Colorstay because I have wanted to try their foundation.  I got a foundation, a primer, and an eye shadow plus a couple of other things, and when I checked out, I got a coupon with my receipt that said my purchase had made me eligible for a Walgreen's Beauty Sample Box.  It said that after Jan. 11, 2013, I could go to their website and put in my promo code and redeem my box.  I've never come across this when shopping at Walgreen's so I was really curious if anyone else has ever gotten this or if it's a new thing, and if so, I'd be curious to see if it's a standardized sample box.  Either way, I plan to get it (who doesn't love free stuff???) and I'll try my hardest to post a pic when I get it in case anyone else is interested.

Ohh. I heard of the box when I was looking at a couponing website

"Participating beauty products include: Cosmetic Bags, Dental Needs (Toothpaste, Floss, Rinse), Cosmetic Appliances, Mouthwash, Nail Art, Toothbrush, Hair Appliances, Nail, Hair Color, Hair Needs (Elastics, Ties, Ribbons), Implements, Hair Styling, Acne, Multicultural Hair Care, Face Cream, Shampoo/conditioner, Hand Lotion, Deodorants, Electric Razor, Suncare, Hair Tonic, Eye Makeup, Razor Blades, Facial Cosmetics, Cosmetic Lip Items (Lipstick, Lipgloss, Lipstain, Lip Butter), Bath Soap/bodywash, Mens Fragrances, Womens Fragrances."

http://happymoneysaver.com/walgreens-free-beauty-sample-box-when-you-spend-30-on-participating-beauty-products-scenario/

LOL I know Karrie from Happy Money Saver. Such a sweet lady.

So the Walgreens box is like how Target did it.

I just wasn't sure, but I always get the little ones from Target when I catch them.  I was just all excited because I like free stuff...lol   And I'm super excited to try the Revlon Colorstay foundation.  I've heard so many good things about it and have yet to find one that I really like.  I'm hoping I love it because it's a good price!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL I know Karrie from Happy Money Saver. Such a sweet lady.

So the Walgreens box is like how Target did it.
Target had something like this?

The girl who used to live in my apartment got a box mailed to her from Target that was full of coupons, shampoo, some tampons/pads, and a mascara. That would make sense...

I kinda want a walgreens box although its hard for me to spend that much money when I'm trying to coupon my way through 2013. Whoops.

They did last year, one of their bags could only be obtained if you purchased certain products which triggered a code on the receipt however no one knew exactly what triggered the promo code. It was a pain in the rear and people complained about it because when people asked Target more about it no one would say what triggered the code. Eventually Target did aware with the free bags with samples.

this sounds exciting, does anyone know what they gave out last time? (if they ever did)

Yep, a friend told me about this in the end of December. There wasn't anything I was particularly interested in, so I passed.

http://www.discoverbeautywithin.com/

Looks like they're temporarily out of boxes though... bummer, it would've been nice to see at least what was in them. I think there were supposed to be coupons as well.

If anyone has a code for this, don't forget that today is the first day you can redeem it!  I did mine first thing this morning, as I'm impatient...lol  

From what I read on the site this morning, this time they are doing them from today (1/11/13) to 1/25.  The trigger for the code is buying $30 or more of beauty products when you have a Walgreen's savings card, just in case anyone wanted to know.  I couldn't find anything showing past samples though, which I was kind of hoping for just to get an idea.  I'm not expecting anything too exciting but I do love my samples...lol

Latest posts

Back