Walmart Beauty Box? Sweet!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up then cancelled .  The confirmation letter was from a third party.  This whole thing freaked me out.  There are not walmarts near me so I am not familiar with what they sell anyway.  For  5 dollars seemed like a good deal. 

The third party thing isn't uncommon. The Hautelook Beauty Bags are from a third party marketing company as well. I'm guessing that Walmart didn't want to create a whole department for this, so they are sponsoring it but contracting the shipping and handling of the subscriptions to a separate company.

The third party thing isn't uncommon. The Hautelook Beauty Bags are from a third party marketing company as well. I'm guessing that Walmart didn't want to create a whole department for this, so they are sponsoring it but contracting the shipping and handling of the subscriptions to a separate company.
  If the confirmation letter was from walmart itself  I would have felt way different. When you buy something from Hautelook they send you the confirmation from them  Plus I  looked up the company that sent the email and I couldn't find anything that made me feel comfortable.  I didn't see a connection to walmart other than them selling them a link on there web page.  I have never shopped in a walmart so I am probably less comfortable than those of you who have this store where you live.

My email came from customer care @brandshare.    That's not walmart.   plus when I called about it they told me they didn't know about it at walmart.   That its something on the website. They already have my credit card info  even though I cancelled .   I hope nothing bad happens.

If you Google Brand Share it looks like a pretty legit company to me.

The BrandShare ™  Vision: BrandShare ™  is the Industry Leader for In-Home Sampling & Advertising, utilizing our proprietary E-Commerce Retailer Network of 700+ sites, in 14 different Lifestyle categories. Our unique In-Home delivery vehicle consists of over 600 Million Order Fulfillment packages that are FedEx'd and UPS'd from our E-Commerce partners, that ensure your brand sample or coupon booklet (which is included in with the ordered merchandise) is 100% delivered and 100% opened.

I have gotten tons of free samples from Walmart and they always use BrandShare.  Credit card theft is everywhere.  Anytime you hand your card to a server in a restaurant and they leave your sight with it, you are putting that card at risk.  All they have to do is snap a picture of it with their phone and they have your info. 

I have gotten tons of free samples from Walmart and they always use BrandShare.  Credit card theft is everywhere.  Anytime you hand your card to a server in a restaurant and they leave your sight with it, you are putting that card at risk.  All they have to do is snap a picture of it with their phone and they have your info. 
 true .. I think I am just not familiar with walmart in general.  

I don't want to say exactly where I  live . I live on an island.   They never had had any walmarts near me. I go into the city near me and there is no walmart  there either.  I have never been in the store.  There is also no target or kmart anywhere near me either.  I have been in a target not a kmart though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm resisting.  I'm broke and a 5 dollar box is tempting.  My partner and I have made a verbal pact that we will not support Walmart or Sam's Club.  We were pretty good about it before, but had to make it official when we bought a house 3 minutes from a supercenter. I understand why people shop there, but we are in a position to pay a little more to shop local.  He is at least--he won't add to my beauty budget though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm resisting.  I'm broke and a 5 dollar box is tempting.  My partner and I have made a verbal pact that we will not support Walmart or Sam's Club.  We were pretty good about it before, but had to make it official when we bought a house 3 minutes from a supercenter. I understand why people shop there, but we are in a position to pay a little more to shop local.  He is at least--he won't add to my beauty budget though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ya know, @@Meggpitechnically speaking, I doubt you'd be supporting Wal Mart at all. You'd just be paying for shipping, while they are out the cost of all the samples that the're giving us for free, hoping we'll come in and buy full size products. 

If anything, you'll be costing them money, because if you see something you like, you won't buy it there, despite them trying to lure you in!

Just trying to give you a different perspective!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Plus, I have been broke before, like go-without-eating-every-other-day broke, and I think a $5 Box O' Fun would be a nice treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, @@Meggpitechnically speaking, I doubt you'd be supporting Wal Mart at all. You'd just be paying for shipping, while they are out the cost of all the samples that the're giving us for free, hoping we'll come in and buy full size products. 

If anything, you'll be costing them money, because if you see something you like, you won't buy it there, despite them trying to lure you in!

Just trying to give you a different perspective!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus, I have been broke before, like go-without-eating-every-other-day broke, and I think a $5 Box O' Fun would be a nice treat.

You probably aren't even really supporting Walmart, but the brands donating the samples. The cost of shipping materials and actual shipment is probably around $5, so that's how I'm justifying giving them money!
Bahahaha you guys are such enablers! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gave in :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We don't have Walmart Supercenters in the city, just Express Walmarts which are the worst. I literally only go in there if I have no other choices. Excited to see what the samples are though!

@@elizabethrose we have a Walmart Express!  They're the only place in town that has milk for under $3/gallon (most places around here have it for about $3.75 a gallon, the Express has it for $2.40.)  I actually do all our grocery shopping elsewhere, then stop by one morning each week after dropping the kids at school to stock up on milk - our family goes through several gallons a week!

Ours is one of the super-rural ones, I have to drive about 20-25 minutes if I want a Super Center with clothes/toys/household stuff.  Oh, and the Express isn't 24 hours, and neither is the (yay! Brand new) Walgreens across the street.  Wags doesn't open til NINE AM.  Darn you, tiny town!

@@elizabethrose we have a Walmart Express!  They're the only place in town that has milk for under $3/gallon (most places around here have it for about $3.75 a gallon, the Express has it for $2.40.)  I actually do all our grocery shopping elsewhere, then stop by one morning each week after dropping the kids at school to stock up on milk - our family goes through several gallons a week!

Ours is one of the super-rural ones, I have to drive about 20-25 minutes if I want a Super Center with clothes/toys/household stuff.  Oh, and the Express isn't 24 hours, and neither is the (yay! Brand new) Walgreens across the street.  Wags doesn't open til NINE AM.  Darn you, tiny town!
I wouldn't mind ours except they're SO TINY! The shelves go up so so high.. it's super intimidating hahaha. I don't buy milk hardly ever (only if a recipe calls for it), so I had no idea it was that much cheaper. That's crazy!

There's a Walgreen's around the corner from us and it closes at 10pm.. which shouldn't be a big deal, but all my cravings come after that!

Walmart did the Goodies box that everyone loved in the beginning and had a long wait list.  I suspect the first few boxes of this at least will be awesome.  Goodies did eventually crash, but it was great in the beginning.

looks like the billed me already even though I cancelled immediately.  It was already approved and paid by the credit card. 

Latest posts

Back