Wanted: Recommendation for a Facial Exfoliator for Combo Skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girlies,

I wanna try a new exfoliator but don't know where to start. I've never bough a high-end one before so any recommendations for one for combination skin??

Thanks in advance
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Laura, i'm not sure if it's available in Ireland, but i found a drugstore exfoliator by Freeman to be gentle & effective.

however, for REALLY good exfoliation, i like Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar & Philosophy's Resurface. i use either 1x/week & my skin feels as soft as a baby's. plus, it helps w/any dark scars from old blemishes.

This may not be what you're looking for, but my dermatologist told me to exfoliate my combo skin using a Buf Puf brand sponge (or generic equivalent) and Cetaphil soap. Cetaphil is great because it's very non-irritating for sensitive skin. If your skin tends to get a little too dry, he also recommended Dove soap since it moisturizes without clogging up your pores. I do this every night and it works great for me!

The best exfoliater I've found is mixing plain white sugar in with my regular cleanser. It's cheap, and it makes my skin smoother than any store bought scrub. Loooooove it!
smile.gif

To be simple & both cost & use effective, you can dip the tips of dampened fingers in baking soda on top of your gel or cream cleanser & gently massage in circular motions all around your face, or, mix 50/50 organic rice flour & organic whole milk powder & do the above, but keep it in an airtight glass or plastic container. I also mix finely ground seasalt w/sugar for a scrubbier body mix & use on top of a gel or good soap cleanser, or you can add a cup of mixed oils together with the salt/sugar & a bit of essential oil lavendar or pine or a combo of your preference: extra virgin olive + organic sunflower + sweet almond + organic peanut oils for a remarkable spa scrub. Be sure to use less oil & more scrub & do not slip. Scrub your tub or shower afterwards to prevent slipping.

Thanks for all the suggestions girls but to be honest i think i'd prefer to buy one rather than make one myself.

KeaLoha, unfortunately we don't have Freeman or Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar or Philosophy's Resurface here in Ireland. We don't have Cetaphil either Girl_geek. God, i really have to pack my bags and move to the US quick!

I like Dermanew Microdermabrasion & Clinique's Exfoliating scrub - but I think you should just save that money for a plane ticket - you poor thing!!! No Cetaphil?!?
icon_eek.gif
Cetaphil is great - it's actually made by the same company (Galderma) that makes the perscription "Differin" gel for acne (which works WONDERFUL) those products work so well for skin...

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 but I think you should just save that money for a plane ticket - you poor thing!! LMAO! You're dead right Janelle! Tell me more about the Clinique scrub though coz i won't be buying, i can add it to my Xmas wishlist!

The Clinique one is nice... I don't have specific's because I actually ran out of it last week and threw out the tube
icon_redface.gif
but it's just called "Exfoliating Scrub' - comes in the traditonal Clinique green colored tube... snap cap on the bottom (stands on cap) it's a white cream with tiny little granules that scrub away the dead skin... I think it has a menthol-eucalyptus type ingredient because it's very tingly- has that 'sinus-opening' kind of smell and feeling... works nice though.. used it every other day in the shower...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back