weight in the midsection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm about 5'9" and weigh like 155 pounds. I don't look like I weigh this much, and have been told I carry my weight very well. I'm used to working out quite a bit, but since I started college I don't have as much time to work out as I used to. What are some fast yet result producing exercises to take off excess fat from the upper and mainly lower stomach?

Walking briskly while holding in your tummy muscles & moving those arms works for me! I also do ab exercises to tone my tummy. Although i only started them a few weeks back & i haven't seen a difference yet!

I would definitly try a Pilates tape - their stomach exercises are killer!!!

http://www.lhj.com/home/Pilates-Exercise.html

Check out this site - they have they little demo video's that will show you how to do all the moves... be sure to check out "The Hundred" - it's a great workout for the entire stomach - upper and lower abs!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Walking briskly while holding in your tummy muscles & moving those arms works for me! I also do ab exercises to tone my tummy. Although i only started them a few weeks back & i haven't seen a difference yet! i have to agree w/this. cardio will help burn calories & the ab exercises will tone up your middle.
also watch your food intake & stay away from too many soft drinks. i cut out the soft drinks & noticed a change in my entire body.

Just remember that if you want to lose fat no matter where it is, the only way to do that is to burn more calories than you eat! So doing enough of any exercise will get rid of fat. (However doing ab exercises will build up the muscles in your abs, which can make your stomach firmer.) I also carry my extra weight on my tummy (while my hips and thighs are very narrow -- not the most flattering figure shape
wink.gif
). When I was in high school, just running a lot for the track team kept my tummy flat even though I didn't do any specific ab exercises.

Just cutting back on calories and losing a few pounds will help a lot if your body is like mine -- since the first place I gain weight is my tummy, that also means the first place I lose weight is my tummy! This semester I've been eating a lot less snack food (I have a tendency to crave junk food while I'm studying) and my jeans are already a little looser than last semester, and that is the only change I've made to my lifestyle!

I doubt if you can "remove" extra weight from the mid section. You can tone the area by doing a proper sit up and watching what you eat or lift weights. Most women carry the bulk of their weight around the mid section.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) 2nd to pilates. Pilates is very effective. Yup! I love it! ( I just need to start actually DOING it more often!!) LOL

Latest posts

Back