weight loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a year ago, i was down 35 lbs. (november '03 until march '04 was when i started my dieting or "changing my lifestyle"). i've gained AT LEAST 25 back since then. it started out when i went to croatia and pigged out on cheese, meat, and bread all day, every day for a month. that was back in august. since then, i didn't care what went into my mouth.

after everybody and their mothers started telling me i'm "getting so big", i've realized i really am. i don't care what people say to me, but i myself have not been happy with how much and what i've been eating, so i've decided to "change my lifestyle" once again and try my best to keep it off. again, i could care less what people say to me, but i just wanna be happy about myself again.

is anyone else on the same boat as me?
icon_sad.gif

Jennifer, I'm kinda in the same boat. I gained 25 lbs. since February 2003 thanks to a new job--lots of snacks & less physical activity.
icon_cry.gif
I began my new health kick in January & I dropped about 8 so far, but still have a long way to go. The past 2 weeks have been tough b/c I've been PMSing & craving all kinds of naughty stuff.
icon_redface.gif

I found that by doing the South Beach Diet (SBD), it's been helping me revamp my eating & entire lifestyle. I went away on vacation about a month ago & upon my return, I had a nasty inner ear infection which affected my eating. The following week, I began the PMS & the rest is history. I'm still slim, but I could stand to lose another 10 lbs of fat & gain 10 lbs of muscle.

You're not alone. ~HUGS~ Perhaps we could start a little group support system in the health/fitness forum. Posting meals of the day has helped motivate me to eat better, especially when everyone else is doing really well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Diet is harder for me to change, but I've been so lazy that I'm not motivated to work out either. Wanna be my internet fitness buddy? We can encourage one another to kick some butt & shed any unwanted pounds.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jennifer, I'm kinda in the same boat. I gained 25 lbs. since February 2003 thanks to a new job--lots of snacks & less physical activity.
icon_cry.gif
I began my new health kick in January & I dropped about 8 so far, but still have a long way to go. The past 2 weeks have been tough b/c I've been PMSing & craving all kinds of naughty stuff.
icon_redface.gif

I found that by doing the South Beach Diet (SBD), it's been helping me revamp my eating & entire lifestyle. I went away on vacation about a month ago & upon my return, I had a nasty inner ear infection which affected my eating. The following week, I began the PMS & the rest is history. I'm still slim, but I could stand to lose another 10 lbs of fat & gain 10 lbs of muscle.

You're not alone. ~HUGS~ Perhaps we could start a little group support system in the health/fitness forum. Posting meals of the day has helped motivate me to eat better, especially when everyone else is doing really well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Diet is harder for me to change, but I've been so lazy that I'm not motivated to work out either. Wanna be my internet fitness buddy? We can encourage one another to kick some butt & shed any unwanted pounds.
icon_lol.gif

i am so sorry! i never saw the health/fitness forum! can someone move this thread? i can't believe i never saw it!
anyway, i'm glad i'm not alone, even though it sucks. i thought i was weird!

i would loooove to do the internet fitness buddy! we have to take an oath and not lie, though LOL

Jennifer, don't worry about it. We can leave it here & will begin posting on health/fitness for our weekly updates.

Let's see how many people want to join our fitness buddy group b/c the more the merrier!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i hope people join
icon_cheesygrin.gif
we had a thread going in there... but I don't know if anyone has posted in it lately... guess we're not dropping as fast as we'd like to! LOL You should pop in there and add yourself on!
wink.gif
PS.. I found something really neat looking on TV ... EasyShaper. Mom ordered it the other day - cant wait to get it! Check it out at www.easyshaper.com & watch the little video
wink.gif

Janelle-I was wondering how is it going with the easy shaper. is it worth the money?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 we had a thread going in there... but I don't know if anyone has posted in it lately... guess we're not dropping as fast as we'd like to! LOL You should pop in there and add yourself on!
wink.gif
PS.. I found something really neat looking on TV ... EasyShaper. Mom ordered it the other day - cant wait to get it! Check it out at www.easyshaper.com & watch the little video
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jennifer, don't worry about it. We can leave it here & will begin posting on health/fitness for our weekly updates.
Let's see how many people want to join our fitness buddy group b/c the more the merrier!
smile.gif

Count me in!! I'm not looking to loose any particular amount of weight, but I do need to work on better healthy habits

i know what u mean, excpet i lost and gained back around 18-20 pounds within a month.

i have been struggleing to loose it because i miss my favorite pair of jeans. when i can't wear the clothing i love, and feel good about myself, then i know my weight is a problem.

as long as u are happy with yourself, it doesn't matter what others say, unless that certain other is a doctor
smile.gif

hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back