What age did you start or should you start using eyecreams?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm 21 years of age & i don't use an eyecream. However in the past few months i've started seeing some really fine lines developing at the outer corners of my eyes. Should i start using a product straight away? If so, what will i use? I'm really clueless when it comes to aging products because as i said, i'm only 21!

All advice is really appreciated, thanks
biggrin.gif

Oh cool, thanks for that info Kim. I might try the Dr. Brandt's eye cream so that make-me-up-gurl suggested.. thanks for that sweetie
biggrin.gif

I'm 24 and I starting using eye creams over the past year, mainly to combat my dark racoon circles
icon_cheesygrin.gif
but also just for preventative measures. I haven't found my holy grail in terms of eye cream. So I guess I'll continue to drink more water & scour MUT for reviews.
tongue.gif

I started using an eye cream when I was 25, but it wasn't so much because I was a certain age. It was because my face really aged after I gave birth to my 2nd child. The strain of labor and the exhaustion and hormonal rollercoaster that followed, took a high toll on my face. I immediately started an anti-aging regime (I had previously only used products focusing on acne) which included an eye product. I started out with everything Mary Kay and as the years have gone by I have experimented with other things. Right now I use MK Timewise eye cream but I alternate with Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Creme (what a looooong name!) and Avon Lighten Up for dark circles. I haven't found my HG product yet. But at 32 I feel I look good. I think 21 is pretty young but if you are starting to see fine lines it certainly sounds like it's time to do something. IMO you would do well to find something light that is chock full of vitamins, botanicals, antioxidants and a mild AHA-BHA. Maybe something richer at night. Oh--how about trying some of those undereye pads that you put on and they infuse your skin with all sorts of goodies? That might be a nice thing to try.
icon_smile.gif

I've been using eye cream since I was 16, and so far I really like Sonia Kashuk Hydro Firm Eye Cream. It moisturizes well and plumps up the eye area, and that's all I really need at my age (20). However, I want to try the Avon one with SPF 15 for day.

Started around 28 or so, but not on a regular basis. I'm so bad about it.
icon_redface.gif

It's never too early to start using them. Just make sure you don't tug when applying & don't use one that's too heavy either.

I think I started at about 21 or 22. You should start using product now because it's easier to prevent than correct. Don't forget sunscreen underneath the cream or get cream with SPF in it. Very very very important!

Originally Posted by Laura Hi girls,
I'm 21 years of age & i don't use an eyecream. However in the past few months i've started seeing some really fine lines developing at the outer corners of my eyes. Should i start using a product straight away? If so, what will i use? I'm really clueless when it comes to aging products because as i said, i'm only 21!

All advice is really appreciated, thanks
biggrin.gif

I started when I was 16...I think that may actually be a bit early, but better too early than too late. Ever since my 20's I've used a sunscreen,too,under/around my eyes. My very favorite mositurizing eye sunscreen is by Clarins;if it gets in your eyes,it doesn't sting or hurt at all...

I was JUST thinking about eye cream, when to start using, what kind...

Thanks for all of the tips everyone!

Mid twenties, I'd say. Started with just an eye gel. Less greasy. Now, I'm into the industrial strength ones! lol...

i'm 22 and i use a gel (eye contour gel from clarins). focus on sunscreen and use an eyecream for dark circles and puffiness if you really want one. the anti aging creams come later. you're still young so don't start too soon.

Well I just started thinking about it too for purposes of my dark racoon eyes!! hehe. I bought benefit eyecon a while back because its suppose to fade dark circles as well as help a bit with wrinkles and I tried it but it didn't work, ALTHOUGH i didn't use it as directed. I bought it again so hopefully it works this time around, of course I will try to use it how im suppose to.

I started using it when I was 19 or 20 but I had been using a cucumber gel for puffiness long before then.

I bought Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

been using it for two days....anyone used this before?

will post my obervations after a week or 2

I've always heard you should start at age 20 ... I didn't start til I was 24, but I still have issues with remembering to use it every day even though I do have fine lines starting to appear! lol

Im 21 and I'm going to start using mark.'s Eye Be Good Preventative eye cream, the girls say it works really good if you put it in the fridge and apply it cold.

i had oily/acne prone skin since i was 14, so much of my life was spent battling that i certainly never noticed anything around my eyes.....until i turned 30, by then another problem had arrived: dark spots from sun damage....i started using retin A creams, im 36 now and my skin has changed over the past year: no more oil nor acne, but dryness....im using neutrogena eye cream and olay face cream

I started when I was 16! My mom tried to tell me I was too young, but I think when it comes to prevention it's never too early. I get comments that I look so young, and because I am young anyway (but not as much as they think), I'm not too peeved. I figure when I'm older, I'll reap huge benefits.

I'm 25 and I started using an eye gel about a year ago and now I use All about eyes by Clinique,I guess I started too old!

Latest posts

Back