what are your opinions on bare minerals make up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just want to know what you guys think on minerals make up like the ones from Bare Escentuals? I do like it because it's supposed to be healthier for your skin, but I don't think it covers as well as it claims. I use it only on days where I want medium coverage. I always find myself reaching for my MAC foundation almost all the time.

I use Bare Escentuals a lot! I'm a medium - heavy coverage kind of gal and I think it covers pretty good. Are you looking for all over coverage or spot coverage? If its just spot coverage you can dab more on over top of what you already applied. I do that from time to time for minor problems and it works well. Def. MAC has more coverage tho. Originally Posted by maiho Just want to know what you guys think on minerals make up like the ones from Bare Escentuals? I do like it because it's supposed to be healthier for your skin, but I don't think it covers as well as it claims. I use it only on days where I want medium coverage. I always find myself reaching for my MAC foundation almost all the time.

I love BE shadows but the foundation did Horrible things to my face..I broke out into a red,itchy rash..I've since found Jane Iredale Amazing base and I would never be without it now

Wow, thats the first time i heard that, and I thought I react to everything. But i did notice that whenever i wear BE minerals foundation, my face itch a lot at the end of the day. Does anyone notice that too?? It's wierd because a lot of people I know who don't have sensitive skin have a reaction to mac's foundation, and I have very sensitive skin but mac works perfectly fine for me and I would choose that over other brands of foundation. Also, it's hard to match the BE foundation colors to my skin exactly so I have to mix 2 diff colors to get the color that closely matches my skin.

Originally Posted by allisong I love BE shadows but the foundation did Horrible things to my face..I broke out into a red,itchy rash..I've since found Jane Iredale Amazing base and I would never be without it now

I can't use MAC either..I wish I knew what it was about both BE and MAC that makes me itch and break out

Originally Posted by maiho Wow, thats the first time i heard that, and I thought I react to everything. But i did notice that whenever i wear BE minerals foundation, my face itch a lot at the end of the day. Does anyone notice that too?? It's wierd because a lot of people I know who don't have sensitive skin have a reaction to mac's foundation, and I have very sensitive skin but mac works perfectly fine for me and I would choose that over other brands of foundation. Also, it's hard to match the BE foundation colors to my skin exactly so I have to mix 2 diff colors to get the color that closely matches my skin.

It's normal to itch to foundation. When I was younger, i had that same problem. All foundations and powders made me itch like crazy, but as i got older, i can use some foundations now, but still allergic to a lot. for some reason, clinique foundations doesnt work on me either.

Originally Posted by allisong I can't use MAC either..I wish I knew what it was about both BE and MAC that makes me itch and break out

Latest posts

Back