Quantcast

What can you get away with at work?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Today has been soooo slow at work and this is what I've done LOL



I went to Sally's during lunch and these are the items I ended up with. LOL... I locked the office door so no one can catch me off guard hahaha

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
I alternate between tabs. Right now I have MuT, Gifting Grace, MAC and yahoo. lol

 

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
1,844
Reaction score
66
Location
Tucson, AZ
I get away with murder lol. It's hard to focus on WORK when you have a private office and no supervision :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
Sewing, weaving, applying make up, doing swatches, taking product pics, watching movies, napping

Of course, I work from home so its kinda hard to get caught.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
GirlyEnthusiast-- If you need a right hand woman I'm available lol.

Pancua-- I applaud for working from home. I've attempted to work remotely, but it's really hard to stay motivated. What's your secret? :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Please share

 
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
2,105
Reaction score
62
Heh, I paint nail wheels (and my nails) all the time when I'm at the regular job (call center).....And when I'm working the night job (from home), I can do what I please :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GirlyEnthusiast-- If you need a right hand woman I'm available lol.

Pancua-- I applaud for working from home. I've attempted to work remotely, but it's really hard to stay motivated. What's your secret? :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Please share
I don't see work as a place to socialize, I don't go there to make friends and I don't really care what your kids did/you watched on tv. I go to work to make money. However, you can't really say any of that because now you are not a team player but for me, all it does is drive me to distraction. People coming and going all the time also disrupt my thinking process and let's not add loud chatter, clothes or perfume.

Being able to work from home, in relative quiet, has been a real life saver for me. My productivity skyrocketed by so much, my usual 12 - 13 hour days were able to be reduced to 8 - 9, which is both a blessing and a curse. More time on my hands, less money due to not being paid as much overtime. Personally, I'll take the time since I already make a decent wage.

 
Joined
Mar 29, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif



I don't see work as a place to socialize, I don't go there to make friends and I don't really care what your kids did/you watched on tv. I go to work to make money. However, you can't really say any of that because now you are not a team player but for me, all it does is drive me to distraction. People coming and going all the time also disrupt my thinking process and let's not add loud chatter, clothes or perfume.

Being able to work from home, in relative quiet, has been a real life saver for me. My productivity skyrocketed by so much, my usual 12 - 13 hour days were able to be reduced to 8 - 9, which is both a blessing and a curse. More time on my hands, less money due to not being paid as much overtime. Personally, I'll take the time since I already make a decent wage.
AMEN! I'm the same way! Maybe it has alot to do with I currently work and reside in my hometown I grew up in where you can't trust anybody. Or maybe I'm just not that into my job. But I'm at work to make money as well. Anything else is irrelevant, tell it to somebody who cares and is here to kiss up to people. Maybe someday when I start my dreamjob as a nurse I'll be friendlier because I'm doing what I love and actually want to do. lol

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
If you wear working as a nurser, its pretty much mandatory that you are personable.  Sick people don't want to be confronted with someone that's grumpy and want to be left alone.  If you were, that's not the right job for you. 

Originally Posted by msleesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AMEN! I'm the same way! Maybe it has alot to do with I currently work and reside in my hometown I grew up in where you can't trust anybody. Or maybe I'm just not that into my job. But I'm at work to make money as well. Anything else is irrelevant, tell it to somebody who cares and is here to kiss up to people. Maybe someday when I start my dreamjob as a nurse I'll be friendlier because I'm doing what I love and actually want to do. lol

 
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
I am a technical advisor at work.  People in different departments come to me with questions.  They stop and chat after or before.  I go to other people to ask questions, we chat.  I am very social and work is a very social event for me.  In my position, it pays to have the right friends in different departments to go to for help.  It would be really hard to do my job if I don't create information networks to tie in different departments. 

 
Joined
Mar 29, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Oh, I don't currently work as a nurse :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't see that as a job, that's my passion. There's a time and a place for everything :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 

makeupbyomar

Professional Make-up Artist
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
1,831
Reaction score
484
Location
Toronto, ON
We have a small crew and we get away with a lot of mild sexual innuendo on set.

 
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
34
How awesome is that to be able to work from home! I don't work but when I did (at my last job) I couldn't get away with crap! If I sang along to a song I'd get a complaint, they told me no internet, I couldn't take a nap in the break room on my lunch. NOTHING!!

 
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
169
Reaction score
5
I work in a small office - there is three of us in total and we get some pretty decent privacy at our desks. I do my best blogging at work because I am not distracted by a toddler. I work in insurance sales, so as long as I sell something or make enough calls for the day, I am pretty much left alone. We are all chatterboxes though, so we do have some moments when we goof around, but not enough to be really distracting. We have a policy count goal to reach for a huge bonus, so I haven't been able to slack off as much (saying that, I've sold the most policies this month - even more than my boss!) 

 
Joined
May 8, 2011
Messages
794
Reaction score
13
Free snacks

Free meals

Free drinks

About 6+ hours of laptop downtime

 

Sunflowercake

Sunflowercake
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
267
Location
STL
MUT every once in a while or catching up on a quick homework project on a slow day if my schedule allows. It's nice to have your own office for sure!

 
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
17
Location
Portland Oregon
I'm the only paid employee besides my boss, who I've known for 12+ years so I can do pretty much whatever I want at work. Course I work at a martial arts school so none of the typical office job rules apply. I bring craft projects or books/laptop and work on those in between teaching and helping people. 

 
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
A big plus of my work is that there are no security cameras in my office)) That's why our communication with colleagues is rather informal. If I have free time, then I can surf the Internet, go to a gambling blog or YouTube. In general, if I manage to do the main work, I can go about my business. I really appreciate it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top