What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm just found this by accident on twitter: 

http://www.curlbox.com/index2.htm

Its a sub for curly hair products. If I hadn't just started doing the curlygirl method I might try out. 

I also can't figure out how one would subscribe if they wanted to? I don't think its open yet. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm just found this by accident on twitter: 

http://www.curlbox.com/index2.htm

Its a sub for curly hair products. If I hadn't just started doing the curlygirl method I might try out. 

I also can't figure out how one would subscribe if they wanted to? I don't think its open yet. 
I can't decide if I hate or love you right now. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gave in and signed up for Sample Society as well. Feeling a bit uneasy about MyGlam and still waiting to get into BirchBox. 

That's why I signed up too! I also signed up for Look Bag because i'm getting antsy waiting for BirchBox, and I'm not sure yet if I trust MyGlam's shipping. This is pointing towards an addiction already and I haven't even gotten a box yet haha

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's why I signed up too! I also signed up for Look Bag because i'm getting antsy waiting for BirchBox, and I'm not sure yet if I trust MyGlam's shipping. This is pointing towards an addiction already and I haven't even gotten a box yet haha
Careful or you will end up with seven subs! That's what happened to me! LOL

update: i have cancelled platinum box because it was so bad (imo) that it was ridiculous,

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BirchBox, MyGlam, MyPlatinumBox, Sample Society, Sample Society, thelookstore, bluum, citrus lane, kiwi crate, babba box, little passports, blissmobox, conscious box and shoe mint.

eta: healthy surprise

I'm always down for a good deal, that's usually what gets my in trouble!  The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'll be gone for three whole months this summer (my department is sending me to Italy) so i'll either have to cancel subscriptions (or skip months if that's possible) or just have my roomies make sure they put my boxes in my room.  It would be kind of fun to come home to 9 boxes though!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm always down for a good deal, that's usually what gets my in trouble!  The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'll be gone for three whole months this summer (my department is sending me to Italy) so i'll either have to cancel subscriptions (or skip months if that's possible) or just have my roomies make sure they put my boxes in my room.  It would be kind of fun to come home to 9 boxes though!
You should be able to skip months but you would have to do it manually every month.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, I know BB lets you skip months right? I'm not sure about the other two.

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

update: i have cancelled platinum box because it was so bad (imo) that it was ridiculous,
SO glad I wasn't the only one who found their inaugural box to be horrid. Someone said that their CS told them that the first month was done to just to gauge interest, but I don't know...it may sound stupid, but working in CS (in another field), when someone wants to cancel, we at least ask WHY they are cancelling--not just to try to "save" the account, but also because the feedback is important for future "directions" for the company. So while it was nice that they cancelled quickly, if they really were trying to gauge interest, I wonder why they didn't at least ask why people were cancelling, etc.

lol, same for me! I actually need to count them again and figure out what I will cancel. I don't want to cancel any of them! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, same for me! I actually need to count them again and figure out what I will cancel. I don't want to cancel any of them! 
I canceled MyGlam this morning. 

I canceled MyGlam this morning. 
I'm still giving them one more month--hoping Sample Society turns out nicely, to be honest.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still giving them one more month--hoping Sample Society turns out nicely, to be honest.

The month of Feb was the month to try everyrhing out. If I stayed a member through March, I'd get hit with almost $100 in fees! Need to trim as quickly as possible. LOL

I am subscribed to Beauty Army, and 2 premier boxes which will be Sample Society (dont like that name LOL) and Beauty Box 5..Beauty box 5 has the cutest little site :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am dying to sign up for Birchbox! I always miss their openings...ugh its so hard to get in there!

Have you put your email in on birchbox? When I got in they ~reserved~ my spot for 48 hours, and then closed it if I hadn't registered yet.

The month of Feb was the month to try everyrhing out. If I stayed a member through March, I'd get hit with almost $100 in fees! Need to trim as quickly as possible. LOL

Oh, I feel ya there! I've set myself a budget for each month of approximately $50. I don't see my leaving Birchbox any time soon, and canceling MPB gave me room for Sample Society. I have a feeling MyGlam is gonna go after March, so that will give me a tad more flexibility. By keeping it at a price point I can manage and trying to give at least 3 months, I figure I'm getting a better shot at finding THE RIGHT one for me, ya know?

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I feel ya there! I've set myself a budget for each month of approximately $50. I don't see my leaving Birchbox any time soon, and canceling MPB gave me room for Sample Society. I have a feeling MyGlam is gonna go after March, so that will give me a tad more flexibility. By keeping it at a price point I can manage and trying to give at least 3 months, I figure I'm getting a better shot at finding THE RIGHT one for me, ya know?
So far, I love love love Birchbox, I don't. I am not overly thrilled with my bag this month but there isn't anything I don't see myself using (if it works for me). I'm really excited for Sample Society and The Look Bag

Sample society sounds promising since its paired with Allure, and beautybar seems like a top notch shopping site for high end products! oh the anticipation!!!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon_smile.gif

Back