What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so proud, I dropped a ton of subs since I last posted on this thread.

I still have:

Popsugar

Graze

Ipsy

Birchbox

Beauty Box 5 (Birchbox and BB5 had been canceled, but then I got rejoin discounts that were too good to pass up.)

Cate and Chloe

Canceled:

Wantable intimates

Wantable accessories

Fancy

Social Bliss

Food with Love

Naturebox

Co-ed supply (I think this went out of business, but I canceled before that.)

Urth box

Fab Fit Fun (May rejoin)

Overall, I am kind of over my obsession with boxes, but I still have some that I really love. And, I totally love swapping, so that's going to be sad when I kind of run out of stuff to swap.

Currently I subscribe to:

Birchbox

Beauty Box 5

I have tried and cancelled:

Ipsy

Glossybox

Beauty DNA

New Beauty Test Tube (regular)

Goodebox

Sample Society

Julep

Popsugar

I have just signed up for the new French Box so I will see how that goes. I purchased the QVC test tube this quarter for the first time and really like it. I am hoping next quarter will be just as nice. I like that you can see what is in the tube before you order it so your are able to tell if the tube is worth buying. I am going to cancel Beauty Box 5 and Birchbox when my subscriptions are up.

Current:

Birchbox

Sample Society

Loot Crate

French Box

Canceled:

Glossybox (but I resub when I see a box I like)

Love With Food

Graze

Nibblr

IPSY

Blush Mystery Box

Julep

Beauty DNA

Fancy

Currently I only subscribe to Graze (and I dont foresee this lasting that long).

I have cancelled Ipsy (quality wasn't there for me) and Starlooks (loved but I needed a break) and Julep (signed up for a free welcome box, never really subbed.)

I've decided to go with K- beauty and small batch USA cosmetics as best as possible. 
Nothing takes the place of Memboxes for me at this point,
although is is subject to change if their CS doesn't improve in attitude and service.

So, other than the K- beauty sites I order from almost daily, I subscribe to the following:

1) Glamour Doll Eyes

2) Vanishing Cabinet

3) Innocent+Twisted Alchemy full sized products

4) Sweet Anthem perfumerie

5) Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag large size

6) Brazen Friends With Benefits

7) Gourmet Body Treats 

Mainstream type subs:

8) Birchbox- down to one sub and I mostly ignore it

9) Pop Sugar Must Have

10) Fun Fit Fab but they are on my " may drop" list
11) Glossybox 

12) Allure Sample Society

13) Square Hue

14) Splendies ( I wanted to love Wantables Intimates but it didn't work out)

15) From The Lab- Their products are wonderful and the mostly gel formulas work very well with my Korean beauty craze.

16) Boxy Charm

17) Fantasy Box for him and her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

18)  French Box- not yet received a box- it's new

AND two food, well, sweets subs:

19) Orange Glad which I ADORE!!

20) Candy Club, a new sub with GREAT candy, and lots of it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I also buy some items from Golden Tote but do not consider it to be a recurring monthly sub.. I like the casual things best. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's it. I went from a zoo monkey running amok all over every sub willy nilly to redefining my needs and wants in just 3-4 months. 

Unless one or more of the small batch companies stops selling, or a new one opens for business, I doubt this list will change except for an occasional addition.

I truly LOVE this list. It is true to who I am as a woman and a lover of small batch excellent cosmetics.. And the big names as well, in moderation... but mostly the Korean beauty I buy from Korean shops. 

I hope to add a Korean monthly sub but it's in the pre- registration phase today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchbox, stocking up points hoping for a fabulous LE holiday box.

Popsugar, but no active subs...using coupon codes. Do love this sub, although a lot goes unused it is hard to miss a box, specially in the Fall. Ordered the Sept and the LE box.

That is it.... Over the surprise factor, waiting for spoilers and realizing I have a huge stash still to use. I also have Flash free shipping with Sephora so get tons of samples of skincare and perfume to try.

Current

Birchbox (down to 1 acct)

Julep (I mostly skip)

Gwynniebee (planning to cancel this month)

Petit vour

Yuzen

Memebox (not a sub but I order boxes from them when I can)

Dollar shave club

Tried but canceled

Ipsy

Saffron inner circle-really like it but it's too expensive right now

Bulu box

Runners box

Stride box

Blush mystery-this one I go back and forth with wanting to resub

Svbscription 

PopSugar

Birchbox

Beauty DNA

UrthBox

Social Bliss

Wantables Intimates

Fabletics 

Citrus Lane 

Sample Society 

The Allure Beauty Box (I bought all three 2014 boxes up front) 

Birchbox Man 

Nina Garcia Quarterly 

GQ Quarterly 

Bulu Box 

Crud, I didn't realize it was so many until I just listed them out. Bulu, Birchbox, UrthBox, Social Bliss and Allure are all prepaid. Wantables, Citrus Lane and Fabletics are getting canceled. Svbscription is the most expensive but it's far and away the most mysterious and exciting to receive! The Women's Svbsciption rocks but only comes out once a year. 

I am currently trying to cancel some boxes but it is really hard because most of these I really enjoy. But my budget in the winter is likely going to demand some cancellations.

Current monthly subs:

Boxy charm

Pop sugar

Beauty box 5

Birchbox

Ipsy

Eco emi

Luna for you

Lip monthly

Nadine west (free unless you keep)

I also just signed up for the all natural face and eco emi's new beauty box which I haven't tried yet.

Boxes that aren't monthly and I get occasionally:

Total beauty collection

Oishiibox

Boxes I cancelled:

Love with food

Beauty army

Escape monthly

I am new to beauty boxes and only started this June. I didn't have a makeup collection so this has been great to try new things to see what I like and build a nice collection. I also have half my Yule shopping done already because of these boxes!

Current

Birchbox (down to 1 acct)

Julep (I mostly skip)

Gwynniebee (planning to cancel this month)

Petit vour

Yuzen

Memebox (not a sub but I order boxes from them when I can)

Dollar shave club

Tried but canceled

Ipsy

Bulu box

Runners box

Stride box

Blush mystery-this one I go back and forth with wanting to resub
I like to revisit this everynow and again.

Since this post I have dropped gwynniebee, petit vour and haven't ordered a memebox in ages.

I added MSA quarterly but that isn't available anymore. So that's on the tried but not current list.

And I added Kloverbox.

I have so many samples right now to go through, I really want to work on dwindling my stash before I try something new.

So to update ...

Current

Birchbox

Julep (I mostly skip)

Yuzen

Dollar shave club

Kloverbox

Tried but canceled

Ipsy

Bulu box

Runners box

Stride box

Blush mystery box

MSA quarterly

Petit vour

Gwynniebee

Memebox-not a sub but I had been buying lots of boxes and stopped.

What I have and love:

Your Bijoux Box

Ipsy

GlossyBox

Honest Company

Dollar Shave (hubs)

Canceled:

Blush

birchbox

rainbow honey

splendies....

I am probably going to unsub to birchbox after this month's box comes and sub to Glamour Doll Eyes.

Current:

Ipsy

Birchbox

Birchbox Man

Barkbox

Just started Wal-Mart's Beauty Box

Previous:

FabFitFun

Wantable

Sample Society

Dollar Shave Club

I subscribe to:

Birchbox

Ipsy

Sample Society

Bulu box

Glossybox

Boxycharm

FitFabFun

I've been thinking about dropping ipsy though. Going to wait and see how the February box goes

I've decided to go with K- beauty and small batch USA cosmetics as best as possible. 

Nothing takes the place of Memboxes for me at this point, although is is subject to change if their CS doesn't improve in attitude and service.

So, other than the K- beauty sites I order from almost daily, I subscribe to the following:

1) Glamour Doll Eyes

2) Vanishing Cabinet

3) Innocent+Twisted Alchemy full sized products

4) Sweet Anthem perfumerie

5) Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag large size

6) Brazen Friends With Benefits

7) Gourmet Body Treats 

Mainstream type subs:

8) Birchbox- down to one sub and I mostly ignore it

9) Pop Sugar Must Have

10) Fun Fit Fab but they are on my " may drop" list

11) Glossybox 

12) Allure Sample Society

13) Square Hue

14) Splendies ( I wanted to love Wantables Intimates but it didn't work out)

15) From The Lab- Their products are wonderful and the mostly gel formulas work very well with my Korean beauty craze.

16) Boxy Charm

17) Fantasy Box for him and her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

18)  French Box- not yet received a box- it's new

AND two food, well, sweets subs:

19) Orange Glad which I ADORE!!

20) Candy Club, a new sub with GREAT candy, and lots of it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also buy some items from Golden Tote but do not consider it to be a recurring monthly sub.. I like the casual things best. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's it. I went from a zoo monkey running amok all over every sub willy nilly to redefining my needs and wants in just 3-4 months. 

Unless one or more of the small batch companies stops selling, or a new one opens for business, I doubt this list will change except for an occasional addition.

I truly LOVE this list. It is true to who I am as a woman and a lover of small batch excellent cosmetics.. And the big names as well, in moderation... but mostly the Korean beauty I buy from Korean shops. 

I hope to add a Korean monthly sub but it's in the pre- registration phase today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Update:

I dropped all but Rainbow Honey and Vanishing Cabinet

Just got tired of samples, samples, samples.

Now I have:

Rainbow Honey- the large non- sample size bag

Innocent+Twisted Alchemy vanishing cabinet

Chococurb ( fab. chocolate sub box)

Candy Club

Beauteque

Pop Sugar MH

And a hefty dose of non- subscription Memebox USA 

It was really lovely to streamline and focus on the things I wanted most. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And no sample-filled boxes left at all. Loving it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on a mini binge in Jan after asking for subs/gift cards for Christmas and now I have:

Ipsy (1 yr)

Birchbox (1 yr+ a second gift sub for 3 mos)

Boxycharm (1 yr)
Glossybox (3 mos)

Walmart Beautybox
Memebox (well, I ordered the Seeds & Flowers box and and am sad I will miss out on snail/snake/bee stuff, it sounds intriguing, of course I would discover something like this the minute the best version of it dies)

Back