What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have:

PopSugar Must Have (since Sept. 2012-ish??)
ipsy (but cancelling after Feb. 2015)

BoxyCharm (just signed up, first one will be Feb. 2015!)

I've tried and cancelled:

JustFab

Julep

My thoughts:

I really enjoy PSMH because it allows me to try new products I otherwise wouldn't buy for myself...even though the reality is, I probably don't NEED any of it. I've gotten some good gift items out of my boxes, and anything that is "not for me / not for gifting" goes on ebay.

I have been with ipsy since Dec. 2012 and really liked it to begin with; I love make-up shopping, and having an ipsy bag come to me each month REALLY helped me curb unnecessary make-up purchases. That being said, the mini-size sample products are starting to accumulate and overwhelm me. I like that lately, I've been getting more skincare and haircare items rather than odd-colored eyeshadows I'll never use. I'm cancelling after I receive my Feb. 2015 bag which will include several items I just redeemed my ipsy points for. Instead, I'm going to try....

BoxyCharm! I figure for a few dollars more, I might get to try some new-to-me brands of higher quality, and hopefully they'll all be full-sized to add to my collection! Looking forward to my Feb. 2015 box.

I was with JustFab starting in Jan. 2013 and it was OK. I didn't LOVE their shoe quality (though I did order and really enjoy several pairs of leather boots out of their "Luxe" line) and the purses were just OK. I skipped most months and decided to cancel simply because my tastes have changed and I have acquired plenty of shoes and purses.

I started Julep after receiving a voucher for a free month in one of my PSMH boxes. I subscribed to Julep for a few months, but ultimately cancelled because I wasn't crazy about the formula of the polish, it felt expensive for the small bottles, and I have a TON of nail polish as it is.

Overall, PSMH will continue to {hopefully!} satisfy my "random" needs, and {hopefully!} BoxyCharm will fulfill my make-up interests! 

Currently subscribing to:

Birchbox

PopSugar

Glossybox

Sample Society

Considering adding Kloverbox, and possibly dropping Sample Society.

I am currently trying to cancel some boxes but it is really hard because most of these I really enjoy. But my budget in the winter is likely going to demand some cancellations.

Current monthly subs:

Boxy charm

Pop sugar

Beauty box 5

Birchbox

Ipsy

Eco emi

Luna for you

Lip monthly

Nadine west (free unless you keep)

I also just signed up for the all natural face and eco emi's new beauty box which I haven't tried yet.

Boxes that aren't monthly and I get occasionally:

Total beauty collection

Oishiibox

Boxes I cancelled:

Love with food

Beauty army

Escape monthly

I am new to beauty boxes and only started this June. I didn't have a makeup collection so this has been great to try new things to see what I like and build a nice collection. I also have half my Yule shopping done already because of these boxes!
Update:Boxes I subscribe to:

Birchbox- happy with it

Ipsy - I consider canceling sometimes

Boxycharm- happy with it

Popsugar- happy with the price after codes $40 is too much

Fabfitfun- happy with it but I wish it was $40. I might cancel and only order with codes.

Beautybox 5- will cancel when my year is up. Very unhappy.

Nadine west (free)

I cancelled the all natural face for a couple months but will likely go back.

I just signed up for the Scratch Monthly Mani Kit for $10. It seems like a really good value because it includes one set of nail wraps and some type of nail extra like polish, charms, tape, or nail tools. I'm hoping that the first extras will be polish or tools! It is supposed to come out in the beginning of June so I'm stoked. Will update once I receive the kit.

kit-deal-1eb6bcc2ec6a66a325d0de6bb5bf133c.jpg

I also subscribe to Fab, Fit, Fun, which is pretty expensive but well worth it. It is $50 per box and sends one out four times a year. I like it because it's not just beauty but also lifestyle, wellness, and fashion. 

box-2014spring.jpg

Subscribed to;

My Little Box - comes from France each month, costs £14.95 and includes beauty and lifestyle items in a pretty box.

My beauty discovery box £6.95 and includes 2 beauty items you can pick from a list of about 10. Have to be quick though as released 1st of month and the best things go quickly

Nerd Block jnr - daughter's box of treats

Pink Parcel - thinking of cancelling as been late 2 months in a row

Fortune Cookie Soap every 3 months

One off boxes

zbox from Zavvi. Bought 3 now and been awesome so may sub to save. Themed each month for nerds

Astrid & Miyu secret jewellery box. June is the last one so hoping its awesome

My geek box (June box as meant to have an exclusive funko pop, also ordered the kids box but not been delivered and ignoring emails).

Latest in beauty - when released and if it contains things I might like.

I am currently subscribed to:

The Walmart Beauty Box (quarterly)

Birchbox 

Boxycharm (usually my favorite)

Ipsy (starting in June)

It's a lot of money each month ($41- 46), but they're addicting.

I'm in the process of re-evaluating my subs, so I thought I may as well list them out here while I am thinking!

Boxes I will stay subscribed to as long as they exist:

- PSMH (and all of the limited edition boxes)(I keep thinking I'll cancel the monthly but can't bring myself to do it)

- Jouer Le Matchbox

- Rachel Zoe Box of Style

- Quarterly Co - Mizzfit, Arianna Huffington, Nina Garcia (these are skippable if $$ gets tight)

Recently cancelled:

- Birchbox

- FabFitFun

Cancel when my sub runs out:

- Le metier de beaute (ends in August)

- Glossybox (ends in January I think)

- Style Quarterly (this is sadly ending after the next box)

On the fence:

- Allure Beauty Thrills (decide on each depending on contents)

- Allure Beauty Box (I should probably cancel this)

- IT Cosmetics sets on QVC autodelivery (I should probably cancel these)

- Sephora favorites sets (I really need to stop buying these - I have actually shown restraint over the last few that came out!)

- Fabletics (this is indefinitely on hold)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up with so many beauty product samples that I never used that I've pretty much stopped the beauty products (except for Jouer LeMatchbox which I just started this month)

I subscribe to: PSMH, R Zoe Box of Style, Burke Home Decor Box, LLB.

I have subscriptions to:

• Beauty Joy Box
  • Ipsy
  • Birchbox
  • FabFitFun
  • Adore Box
  • Sample Society
  • GlossyBox
  • BoxyCharm
  • LipMonthly
  • PopSugar Must Have
  • TomBox
  • Walmart
  • The Beauty Crop
  • Bianca Jade Quarterly 
I also signed up for MishiBox, 3bbbox, and Bcdantion box! 

I have a bit of an addiction lol! Check out reviews of all these boxes on my blog! Link is below! 

Right now, I get:

1. Birchbox

2. Ipsy

3. Glossybox

4. Boxycharm

5. PopSugar Must Have

6. FabFitFun

7. Julep

8. Beauty Fix by Dermstore

9. Allure Beauty Box

10. Accessory Circle by Lacie Girl

My current favorites are Julep, Boxycharm, and PopSugar, but I really love them all.  The only one I might cancel is Accessory Circle, because I find myself only liking about one item per month, so it's not really paying for itself.

I cancelled more boxes!

Current subs:

Birchbox

Ipsy

Beautybox5- canceling when year is up.

Walmart- quarterly

I still love sub boxes. They can really give you a great deal on items I could never afford and I've discovered a lot about myself. I learned what I like and what I don't. I will sub to more again when money isn't so tight.

1. PSMH monthly and all LE boxes.
  2. Rachel Zoe.
  3. LLB.
  4. Oui Please.
  5. Cause Box.
  6. Raw Spice Bar.
I also buy an occasional one time box like the Klover MSA Beach Box.  Have tried numerous others, but am down to the 6 above.  Plan to cancel Oui Please when annual sub is up if they don't get their act together!  Also plan to cancel Raw Spice as I just don't have the time to use them all up.  Will likely resub in the winter.  Gave a 6-month sub as a gift to a foodie family member though, they love it!

1. PSMH monthly and all LE boxes.
  2. Rachel Zoe.
  3. LLB.
  4. Oui Please.
  5. Cause Box.
  6. Raw Spice Bar.
I also buy an occasional one time box like the Klover MSA Beach Box.  Have tried numerous others, but am down to the 6 above.  Plan to cancel Oui Please when annual sub is up if they don't get their act together!  Also plan to cancel Raw Spice as I just don't have the time to use them all up.  Will likely resub in the winter.  Gave a 6-month sub as a gift to a foodie family member though, they love it!
ooh the raw spice bar sounds good. I need to check that one out. I don't have as much as time to cook as I would like but wouldn't mind trying new spices some times. Thanks for posting!

I subscribe to:

Globein

PSMH

Walmart 

Beauty Fix (Keeping for one more month then bye bye) 

hmm.  it's not as bad as I thought.  I've canceled several recently...barkbox, birchbox, ipsy, bb5, fff, allure, scentbird, llb, and glossybox,  I never wanted to write them all down. lol...seeing this I've been spending close to 300 a month on boxes.  No wonder I don't have any more room!

@@lauradiniwilk thinking the same! What was your reasoning behind the Birchbox cancellation?
I have nothing against birchbox; I just have more samples than any one person can reasonably use up.  I only rejoined for the beauty blender promo.

I have been trying to do the #sampledout challenge on instagram but it's slow going, plus I am horrified/overwhelmed by the number of samples when I put them all in one place. 

I'm in the process of re-evaluating my subs, so I thought I may as well list them out here while I am thinking!

Boxes I will stay subscribed to as long as they exist:

- PSMH (and all of the limited edition boxes)(I keep thinking I'll cancel the monthly but can't bring myself to do it)

- Jouer Le Matchbox

- Rachel Zoe Box of Style

- Quarterly Co - Mizzfit, Arianna Huffington, Nina Garcia (these are skippable if $$ gets tight)

Recently cancelled:

- Birchbox

- FabFitFun

Cancel when my sub runs out:

- Le metier de beaute (ends in August)

- Glossybox (ends in January I think)

- Style Quarterly (this is sadly ending after the next box)

On the fence:

- Allure Beauty Thrills (decide on each depending on contents)

- Allure Beauty Box (I should probably cancel this)

- IT Cosmetics sets on QVC autodelivery (I should probably cancel these)

- Sephora favorites sets (I really need to stop buying these - I have actually shown restraint over the last few that came out!)

- Fabletics (this is indefinitely on hold)
Update:  I cancelled Allure Beauty Box and both Le Metier and Style Quarterly have run out.  I pushed my two QVC autodelivery plans as far into the future as I'm able to and haven't bought a Sephora favorites set lately.  BUT I always forget to log in to Fabletics to skip so I was charged for that one this month, and I added Decoterie and bought the two Target boxes that came out today.  Sigh.  Why is it always 2 steps forward, 10 steps back? 

ooh the raw spice bar sounds good. I need to check that one out. I don't have as much as time to cook as I would like but wouldn't mind trying new spices some times. Thanks for posting!
It's only $6 a month and is fun.  I read somewhere a man gave a subscription to his wife, with the promise to cook her the meal they sent spices/recipes for each month.  What a wonderful gift!

Back