What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been asked so many times what companies do I subscribe to. Here's what I'm currently subscribed to as well as what I've been subscribed to.

Monthly I get boxes from:

1. Beauty Army ($12)
  2. Birchbox ($10)
  3. Julep ($19.99)
  4. MyGlam ($10)

Monthly subscriptions that I can skip and don't use often.

1. JustFab ($39.95 monthly, skipable)*
  2. Shoe Dazzle ($39.95 monthly, skipable)*
  3. Sole Society ($49.95 monthly, skipable)*

I just subscribed to Beauty Bar Sample Society ($15) and am waiting for my first box to be shipped on March 5, 2012.

I also get New Beauty's Test Tube ($38.80 quarterly) and now New Beauty's Test Tube at QVC ($50 quarterly).

I've canceled my subscriptions with GoGoGirlfriend ($12.95 monthly) and with Eco-Emi ($15 monthly includes shipping). I canceled GGG because I couldn't get over the Dollar Store feel from my first and last box. I had Eco-Emi for four months, I canceled in October (third month) but ended up with a box in November because I canceled after payment was made. I HATED Eco-Emi's billing cycle - what ever day you sign up that's the day you pay which means for me I was paying up to eight weeks before getting my box. I can't recommend either one of these companies and will say to those looking to subscribe to avoid these two companies. 

I've been a member of Shoe Dazzle since March 2009, the month is launched. It was the FIRST subscription service I ever heard of much less subscribed to. I don't order monthly and skip alot because I no longer wear heels due to foot injury. They now offer beauty products, hair products, jewelry and handbags. I've been a member of Sole Society since it started and just got a subscription with Just Fab last month. I've just placed my first order with Just Fab tonight and have only ordered from Sole Society once (it's $10 more than Just Fab and Shoe Dazzle and the shoes are basically the same style).

Out of the beauty ones I love Birchbox the most. I'm entering my 9th month with them (joined in May, first box in June 2011) and come May I'll be switching to a yearly subscription. I love Birchbox, they have some misses but also some fantastic items they send out.

I've only received one Beauty Army since it launched January 2012 and February will be my 2nd month with them and 3rd with MyGlam. I'm still not sure if I'll keep either one past three months yet but most likely I will.

I signed up for Julep in November, got a December box but skipped January. I'm waiting for my February box. I'm still on the fence with this company due to the price. It is the most expensive of my monthly subscriptions and the size of each polish is comparable to a mini-polish from Zoya.

I'm with BirchBox, MyGlam, MyPlatinumBox, and Sample Society (total of $45 monthly). I have yet to receive the MyPlatinumBox or the Sample Society, but will review those once they start. So far, I dig Birchbox, although I understand why a lot of folks unsubscribed from them recently. MyGlam is making me more leery every day. I'm somewhat tempted by QVC Test Tube, but not enough to go mental over it (and as a side note, it really annoyed me that SO many of the YouTube videos unboxing it had people saying the exact same thing about the NEW BEAUTY magazine--which I feel is hella overpriced--"Oh, it has SO MUCH information". I don't really feel that it does. Maybe more than the average ALLURE, but that's not saying a whole lot these days).

Right now, the only one I'm considering going annual with is Birchbox, simply because they have been at it the longest and seem the most consistent.

Do you know anything about beauty fix. Using code Bfblog you get $30 off the first box. They are full size and you pick what you want - I may try one box
g.gif

I like and don't like the New Beauty magazine. There are a few articles that I like but one thing is for sure, if it wasn't part of the box I wouldn't pick it up at Barnes & Noble or any where.

See, you get what I'm saying. It's not BAD, it just isn't worth the cover price, by any means. And it just struck me weird that everyone used the same phrase that I thought was wicked incorrect. Maybe it's because I'm older and remember when magazines had WAY more editorial in them.

LOL I agree. If you took out all the ads that magazine would probably be thinner than a Seventeen magazine. Least the products so far are worth the box price.

Originally Posted by AuntieOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you know anything about beauty fix. Using code Bfblog you get $30 off the first box. They are full size and you pick what you want - I may try one box
g.gif

I just got my first beauty fix box yesterday. I'm very satisfied with it! I got 8 full size products, and the total of the box added up to around $200. I used the mask I got in it last night, and it was really good. That alone retails for $30 at Ulta. I'm not sure I'll stay subscribed, but I think it was a nice box, and it shipped really fast. 

Birchbox​
2 - Beauty Army​
Julep​
My Platinum Box​
Sample Society​

I like beauty army best so far. I have a love/hate realationship w/ bb. I've came close to canceling but probably won't. I was planning on canceling jelup after the 1st box but ended up liking it. I haven't gotten my platinum but it was shipped off today. My first sample society comes in March. I wanted to join myglam but I'm gonna pass.

I'm going to check out beauty fix now...thanks for the promo code

I only had birchbox when I first joined here...

Funny that you mention that you only had BB when you started here....it was searching for info on BB that brought me here LOL

Originally Posted by AuntieOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

g.gif
I ordered the fall box and skipped the winter box.  I was really happy with my first box, but was waiting to get a second box before I did a review (I didn't feel like there were 8 items from the winter box that I really wanted so I called their customer service and they let me skip the winter box).  I need to follow up with them because I had contacted them before the holidays about doing something for MUT.  One thing I'll say is that I really liked the fact that I got all full sized items, and the selection is amongst mostly full sized items and a few travel sized items.  ($50 quarterly is about $16.67/month if you want to compare with the monthly sample subscriptions).  I figure if you're happy with one or two products (that you were personally inclined to try out since you choose all your products), then the box is worth at least an "on a whim" $20-30 purchase at Ulta, except that some of the products retail for well over $50.  I still want to wait until my next box to get a better feel for how many new full sized products I want to try out for $50, but I'm also happy with the fact that I'm able to skip a box if I don't think it'll be worth $50 before I finalize my order.  (I'll probably keep my subscription until I realize I'm skipping every month lol)

I wish that the shoe subscription services would carry smaller sizes, I'd definitely sign up, if anything, for the chance to see shoes that fit at a good price.  (I'm a 4-4.5 which is HARD to find)

BirchBox, MyGlam, MyPlatinumBox, Sample Society, Sample Society, thelookstore, bluum, citrus lane, kiwi crate, babba box, little passports, blissmobox, conscious box and shoe mint.

eta: healthy surprise

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BirchBox, MyGlam, MyPlatinumBox, Sample Society, Sample Society, thelookstore, bluum, citrus lane, kiwi crate, babba box, little passports, blissmobox, conscious box and shoe mint.

You belong to 16? WOW.

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girlfriend, kudos to you for having so many! I thought I was a subscription addict! You needs to do reviews of each box! Let us know what you think of each one. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lets see I subscribe to :

Birchbox

Myglam

Just signed up for Beauty Bar Sample Society and want to sign up for beauty fix.

If the glam bag this month is a no go I will definitly cancel and sign up with beauty fix.

I just signed up for The Look Bag as well. *sigh* I'm going broke folks! LOL

I need to make a list anyway so here is what I sub to:

Birchbox

MyGlam

BeautyArmy

BeautyFix

Blissmobox

Julep

And my two newest:

Sample Society and Lookbag

So far, my favorite is Beauty Army. I love having a choice of samples. Beauty Fix is nice too, since you get to choose but its also a little expensive, though most products I got were full sized.

Birchbox, Beauty Army and Blissmobox. If I could afford it I would sign up for Beauty Fix too.

Birchbox and I just signed up for Sample Society. I plan to sign up for GlossyBox when it launches in the US.

I did have subscriptions to both Gogogirlfriend and MyGlam but poor customer service and bad product selection led me to cancel both of them. 

I actually found this website when I first decided to join Birchbox and it has led to an addiction with these monthly subscriptions. 
icon_lol.gif

Used Before:

Birchbox - some products I liked but felt that many were items I would never use. Still enjoyed the service but decided to take a break.

GogoGirlfriend - Not great - most of the items I received I was unimpressed with and threw them away. Took FOREVER to receive boxes too.

Currently Using:

Julep - I have loved Julep - the polishes, packing, and shipping speed are great. I have enjoyed their hand care products as well.

Beauty Army - I joined and got the inaugural box, I'd like more makeup but so far items seem to be quality and the customer service is nice. 

MyGlam - I joined in January so I believe the February box will be my first - I'm excited for it and hope I enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back