What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now, I belong to three monthly subs: Birchbox., MyGlam and Beauty Army.

I think I am going to leave it at those three since that is $45 alone. o_O

My SO is starting to get concerned for his current space on the bathroom counter as it is. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girlfriend, kudos to you for having so many! I thought I was a subscription addict! You needs to do reviews of each box! Let us know what you think of each one. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i would be happy to!! i absolutely love these subscription services! i subscribe 2x to some of the kids ones bc my two older kids really like them and they both want to do the projects.

I am currently signed up for Birchbox, Myglam and Sample Society. I'm thinking of only trying Sample Society for about one month. I'm waiting for Glossybox to start so I can get subscribed to that. I only want to subscribe to two subscriptions at a time so I hope two of these subscriptions step up their game.

I'm a member of birchbox, myglam, beauty army, and julep. Since I started with birchbox (10 months ago, I think) I notice I've bought less random things--when I'm bored I always have something new around!

Birchbox--not loving it recently, but I'll stick it out since I love their rewards system

Julep--have gotten the intro box w/ a promo code and the feb. box. won't do every month, but love it so far.

Myglam--January's bag was my first

Beauty Army--I bought this months box since i wanted enough products to make it worth it, not sure if I'll continue

The code Bfblog  worked & I was able to get $30 off, making it @19.99. I just ordered yesterday & it was shipped off today. I'm going to cancel after the first box. I can't afford $50 either. How do you like blissmobox?

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox, Beauty Army and Blissmobox. If I could afford it I would sign up for Beauty Fix too.

Im currently signed up for

Birchbox

Myglam

Beauty Army

Green Grab Bag

JustFabulous

Beauty Bar

The Look Bag

Julep Maven

Cancelled

Eco-Emi

If Myglam and green grab bag dont wow me this month ill most likely be cancelling them.    I cant wait to see what beauty bar and the look bag have in store for us subscribers.

Quite disappointed with My Platinum Box, and shall be unsubscribing from them ASAP. At least that helps me to justify the Sample Society one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Zadidoll, you seem to be the expert on these subscription services! Your posts are so imformative. Thank you!

I subscribe to Birchbox and Beauty Bar/Sample Society.  I had MyGlam, but cancelled it. 

I recieved my first Birchbox in January, and I'm in love with their service.  I loved the products I recieved from them, and I cant wait for my February Birchbox to arrive!  I like thier points program.  I filled out the surveys on the products from my box, and earned some points from that, and made a puchase from thier site and earned more points.  After this months box, I will have enough points to purchase a full size product for free!

I paid for MyGlam at the beginning of January, and hopefully I'll recieve the February Glam Bag. I canceled MyGlam after reading all the complaints on Facebook.

I shop online for almost everything, and MyGlam's customer service is the absolute worst I have encountered.  Also, the products they sent out in the January bag didnt impress me at all. 

I just joined Beauty Bar/Sample Society.  Its affiliated with Allure magazine, and I'm familiar with Beauty Bar in NY, so I have high hopes for this one.  My first box is being shipped on March 5th.

These subscription services are so addictive! 

If you would like to try one for February, since Sample Society hasn't charged for February, there is also The Look Bag from InStyle magazine. The cost is $10 per month. This is their 2nd month as they launched in January, and the boxes ship on the 15th. I think you have time to get a box this month as I just placed my order with them on the 1st and my first box/bag and according to my profile it will ship 02/15/2012.

You can check out their January bag samples at http://thelookstore.com/thelookbag-items.html?limit=30 it does seem like the first box was primarily skincare products.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The code Bfblog  worked & I was able to get $30 off, making it @19.99. I just ordered yesterday & it was shipped off today. I'm going to cancel after the first box. I can't afford $50 either. How do you like blissmobox?

I've only had it for a month, this month will be my second. I'm still on the fence. I like the products, but it's not cheap.

Another good thing about beautyfix, you fill out two surveys after you receive your box and get a $25 credit off a $50 purchase at dermstore.com. I just ordered a whole bunch of philosophy stuff with the credit. 

any opinions on the look bag?  trying to have control and wise with my monthly subscriptions after a couple of duds i've had to cancel.

current:

birchbox

myglam

beauty army

julep

cravebox

qvc new beauty test tube

new beauty test tube

blissmobox

cancelled:

gogo girlfriend

myplatinum box

foodzie

Here is mine currently. I think MyGlam and Beauty Army are on the cutting block though. This month's box will determine their fate.

Current:

Birchbox

MyGlam Beauty Army Sample Society The Look Bag   Cancelled: Julep Maven

I thought you were digging Beauty Army. What's got it on the chopping block?

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is mine currently. I think MyGlam and Beauty Army are on the cutting block though. This month's box will determine their fate.

Current:

Birchbox

MyGlam Beauty Army Sample Society The Look Bag   Cancelled: Julep Maven

Quote: Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought you were digging Beauty Army. What's got it on the chopping block?

I haven't gotten the box yet so it's not for certain but the latest options for samples left me feeling pretty unimpressed. So the boxes coming in will make up my mind.

Ah, gotcha. My fear with cutting subscriptions is that the month I do it will be the month it's AWESOME. That said, I AM willing to cut "dead weight" when necessary.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, gotcha. My fear with cutting subscriptions is that the month I do it will be the month it's AWESOME. That said, I AM willing to cut "dead weight" when necessary.
Yeah, I know that feeling. That is one of the reasons why I am going to wait until I get the new subs in (such as Look Bag). The websites give a more polished feel then Beauty Army does and that is also weighing in on my decision process. I'm trying hard not to judge just on looks alone though.

I actually found these forums by searching for GoGoGirlFriend reviews. Between what I read here and the videos I saw, I decided to skip that one.

Currently subscribed to:

MyGlam (waiting for first box)

ShoeDazzle (skip most months)

LittleBlackBag (just launched)

Latest posts

Back