What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually found these forums by searching for GoGoGirlFriend reviews. Between what I read here and the videos I saw, I decided to skip that one.

Currently subscribed to:

MyGlam (waiting for first box)

ShoeDazzle (skip most months)

LittleBlackBag (just launched)
Welcome LoriAnnLV!

If you like subs, I highly recommend looking at Birchbox, Sample Society and Look Bag. Welcome aboard! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, FOR SURE! My Platinum Box LOOKED amazing from the website....and we know how I felt about THAT once it arrived. Way way worse than MyGlam (even if I still have reservations about them)

Currently Subscribed to

• Birchbox - Which I cant say enough good things about, from the products I've tried to the customer service
  • Julep - Which I skipped this months due to vet bill's for my horse, I couldnt justify $20 for nail polish (when it just gets ruined at the farm anyway)
  • MyGlam - Next month may be my last box. I'm not a fan of drugstore, infomercial, etc. products. Nor products that have been out for decades (ie: Freeman, I've been using it since I was in middle school). Plus they definitely bit off more than they can chew as a new company and CS is slightly a nightmare to deal with.

I did sign up for BeautyArmy, but decided against it when I saw the samples. I'm going to try to keep my subscriptions down to under $35/month, so thats about 3 subscription services. I'd love to sign up for GlossyBox when it comes to the USA and Glymm would be awesome if it would come here! 

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here on the site!  I actually just recently got into beauty products because I always liked the natural look...but now i'm realizing I can be natural and wear makeup! So I decided to try out some sample programs since I don't really know what I like at ALL, especially which brands.  I don't want to have to keep buying and trying full size products since that can be pricey...

So this forum really helped me to decide on BB and Sampling Society.  I really wanted to try MyGlam but I'm not convinced in their program yet...seems to have too many kinks to work out. I'm disappointed I have to wait till March for my first box, since i'm currently on the BB waiting list :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Sample Society was a must for me since I am obsessed with perfumes but don't have the guts to buy full bottles until I try them...and I love the deluxe sizes since they are usually pretty cute as well.

Thanks for the great information on all the programs! It was really helpful, and I hope to post all my news and reviews eventually.

Glad the lists have helped. Please keep us informed on the items you get and what you think of each sampling company. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am currently subscribed to Birchbox and MyGlam.

I was subscribed to Eco Emi for the past few months, but have been extremely disappointed in how they handle business, so I cancelled. I will still get the next two boxes though, unfortunately, due to the way their billing system works.

The reason I cancelled wasn't so much because they have bad customer service and shipping issues, but because they sent out expired food samples during TWO of the three months I received boxes from them...expired chocolate in the November box and Decembers box had cacao butter included that expired in Dec.2010!!! You have got to be kidding me!!! I actually went on facebook one day and noticed someone posted on Eco Emi's wall about the expired cacao butter and went back later to see if Eco Emi replied and it had been DELETED!!! I thought that was so sketchy I just had to cancel. That, to me, is just inexcusable. Its one thing to have overlooked the exp. dates but to not take action and inform people when you find out one of the samples was over a year expired, that is just irresponsible. 

That being said, I have been extremely pleased with BB and MyGlam, and am looking for another sub to replace Eco Emi!

What do you think of Blissmobox? I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy!

Originally Posted by mdelight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

but because they sent out expired food samples during TWO of the three months I received boxes from them...expired chocolate in the November box and Decembers box had cacao butter included that expired in Dec.2010!!! You have got to be kidding me!!! I actually went on facebook one day and noticed someone posted on Eco Emi's wall about the expired cacao butter and went back later to see if Eco Emi replied and it had been DELETED!!! I thought that was so sketchy I just had to cancel.
I complained about November expired chocolate from Sweet Riot. I posted about it here on MUT and over on Beautylish (can't link it since it's a competing forum). The owner of Sweet Riot went to Beautylish and said the chocolate was fine to eat - to me it was both EcoEmi AND Sweet Riot dumping OLD products on unsuspecting customers. I had canceled by then so the November box was my last box. It's SUPER SHADY for ANY company to send out expired products... not just once but twice in a row! I wonder what other food products she sent out that expired and people just didn't notice.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was in October when the boxes were delayed. I got my ship notice well over a week before the boxes actually shipped. If Christine, the owner of EcoEmi can post on Facebook and Twitter there is a delay then why couldn't she send out a mass email about it? She DID send out a mass email a week or so later about the deluxe boxes being up for sale. I cancelled around October but as you mentioned due to how they do billing I was stuck with getting a November box. Like you I also got a food product that expired! Glad I didn't wait because had I received yet another EXPIRED food item I'd have filed a complaint with Paypal since I'm not paying for EXPIRED FOOD products!

If you have images from both boxes and the items expiration dates CONTACT Paypal and dispute the January and February charges because you're not paying for old, nasty products.

What do you think of Blissmobox? I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy!
i loved my first box.  not sure if it was an introductory box, but my whole family and i enjoyed everything in it.  it came with a few full sized items which included a nice size jar of organic peanut butter and a very tasty fruit spread in addition to other things.  my second box was quite disappointing.  definitely not worth the $19.  since i opted for the 6 month membership, i guess i'm stuck for now, but at least they give you an option to skip a month in which they credit you a box for another time.  

Subscribe:

Birchbox

Julep Maven (but probably going to skip a month or two unless it's amazing)

Canceled:

Platinum Box

Gogogirlfriend

My Glam (might resubscribe if they get their act together)

I love blissmobox. i even send the "break" boxes to my husband at work. very $ but worth it, imo.

i think i am ditching my platinum box - it is terrible!!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm on the waitlist for Birchbox. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I also had my eye on Sample Society but I'm trying not to get out of control. We'll see how long that lasts!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome LoriAnnLV!

If you like subs, I highly recommend looking at Birchbox, Sample Society and Look Bag. Welcome aboard! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't believe a company would knowingly send out expired food products and try to justify it! That's such a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If you hang out around here... not long. lol We're a bad influence on each other. LOL

Naw, it's not just zadidoll being a bad influence....I could point fingers at some other folks who've posted about stuff that I then HAD to have ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although zadidoll IS the queen o'subscriptions!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fixed that for yas! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Naw, it's not just zadidoll being a bad influence....I could point fingers at some other folks who've posted about stuff that I then HAD to have ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although zadidoll IS the queen o'subscriptions!

I think I've been thrown under the bus! LOL But they're right, I am a bad influence. LOL

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I've been thrown under the bus! LOL But they're right, I am a bad influence. LOL

It's not "under the bus". It's "up on a pedestal" :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And your GGG experience saved me from that hell, so I'd say "good" influence!

Currently in order of what I like best..

MyGlam - I'm seriously loving this one.  I guess it just fits me.

Birchbox - I feel like it introduces me to so many brands I wouldn't get to try otherwise.

Beauty Army - I got in on the first 300 subscriptions but after the first box I'm just kind of "meh".  It's alright but I'm not in love yet.  I could see myself cancelling after a few months if it stays about the same.  I'm just way more into make up then skin care and this seems more for those into skincare.

Cancelled..

GoGo Girlfriend. Liked my first box, 2nd was total crap.  I don't like the way they run things.  Late delivery, deleting complaints and concerns off FB, blowing people off in emails. 

Considering "The Look Bag", Test Tube, and a few others but I need to keep my monthly costs under control.

Beauty Army looks like it might be something i'd be interested in since I really like skincare products...however it always takes me quite awhile to actually finish any of them.  What do you you think the demographic is for their products?  I'm only 24 so the only thing I'm really concerened about (right now) are my extremely ugly dark circles haha.  When I looked at the thread it seemed like a lot of the products were for anti-aging.  What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back