• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have been going through the posts in this site for quite a while and all of you have been so helpful. Thank you so much!

I am new into emailing companies and I have gotten a few yes's too. Although I am sure the names have been mentioned before but still this is my list of companies who said yes so far-

Amore Pacific
Arcona
Babor
Blum naturals
DHC
Egyptian Magic
Fat Hair
Hylunia
Jane Iredale
Juice Beauty
Key West Aloe
Kjaer Weis
Mychelle
R+ Co

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember what I've posted (or received) lately, but all my stuff is organized by date, so here's the last few things I've received.

Pai Skincare: 6 foils of skincare items

Nuxe: 4 foil packets

Drunk Elephant: 2 foil packets

Ren: 3 small bottles of skincare items

I've also taken to emailing colleges these past few days, the same way you email companies, and asked if they had any promotional items with their college name on it. I just started but have already received 2 t-shirts, 3 pens, a still in the package pair of earphones, a magnet of the college name, and 2 sealed packages of lip balm.
What else have you gotten from colleges and from what colleges?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if anyone has received samples from companies which are based outside of the country?

I got a yes from Omorovicza which is based in Budapest. 

It may sound bizarre, but I love free stuff. So much so in fact, I just had to do the 1000 T-shirt challenge. I finished just a while ago, and I'm okay with how much time it took, because I should have a new job by the end of the week, if I got it, which I think I did, so this was a great way to get my urge to email companies to settle down for a bit now that I'll be a little busy!

I was wondering if anyone has received samples from companies which are based outside of the country?

I got a yes from Omorovicza which is based in Budapest. 
I got a yes, twice, from Atelier Cologne (France) about a free fragrance sampler.  After a month and no samples, I e-mailed their CS dept. again  The CEO replied and took my name and address again.  He assured me the sampler would be mailed.  I never got it.  My advace is don't expect anything from Atelier if they do reply.  

Last day for the allure giveaway. If anyone's interested, you enter once per hour until four my time, may be five your time, and they will pick winners at random late September.

I don't know whether anyone is still reading this but I got a lot of help from reading this thread. Here's the list of companies that have said yes to me-

Amore Pacific
Arcona
Aubrey Organics
Babor
Bare Minerals
Blum naturals
Charlotte Tilbury 
Circ Cell
DHC
Drunken Elephant
EB5
Egyptian Magic
EO Hair 
Epionce
Fat Hair
First aid beauty
Hermes
Hylunia
Jane Iredale
Joie
Juice Beauty
Key West Aloe
Kjaer Weis
Lalique
Living Proof
Mychelle
Narciso Rodriguez
NeoStrata
Number 4
Omorovicza
Oribe
Paco Rabanne
Paula’s Choice
R+ Co
Studio Gear
Sunday Riley
Thiery Mugler
Tuel Skin Care
Uspicy
Young Blood

I don't know whether anyone is still reading this but I got a lot of help from reading this thread. Here's the list of companies that have said yes to me-

Amore Pacific
Arcona
Aubrey Organics
Babor
Bare Minerals
Blum naturals
Charlotte Tilbury 
Circ Cell
DHC
Drunken Elephant
EB5
Egyptian Magic
EO Hair 
Epionce
Fat Hair
First aid beauty
Hermes
Hylunia
Jane Iredale
Joie
Juice Beauty
Key West Aloe
Kjaer Weis
Lalique
Living Proof
Mychelle
Narciso Rodriguez
NeoStrata
Number 4
Omorovicza
Oribe
Paco Rabanne
Paula’s Choice
R+ Co
Studio Gear
Sunday Riley
Thiery Mugler
Tuel Skin Care
Uspicy
Young Blood
What do you usually say to the companies to get samples? I would love to try and get some, I just have no idea what I would say!

Amore Pacific
Arcona
Aubrey Organics
Babor
Bare Minerals
Blum naturals
Charlotte Tilbury 
Circ Cell
DHC
Drunken Elephant
EB5
Egyptian Magic
EO Hair 
Epionce
Fat Hair
First aid beauty
Hermes
Hylunia
Jane Iredale
Joie
Juice Beauty
Key West Aloe
Kjaer Weis
Lalique
Living Proof
Mychelle
Narciso Rodriguez
NeoStrata
Number 4
Omorovicza
Oribe
Paco Rabanne
Paula’s Choice
R+ Co
Studio Gear
Sunday Riley
Thiery Mugler
Tuel Skin Care
Uspicy
Young Blood
Did you contact them by email?  What did R+ Co send to you? Are you a blogger?  Thanks for sharing.

What do you usually say to the companies to get samples? I would love to try and get some, I just have no idea what I would say!
When I reach out to skin care brands I usually tell them about my skin concerns and that I would love to try out new products. They usually say yes if they have a sampling program. 

I have had a lot nos as well. Many brands would just tell me to purchase samples from their website

Did you contact them by email?  What did R+ Co send to you? Are you a blogger?  Thanks for sharing.
I usually contact them via email. If no email is provided in their website I use their online contact form. 

R+Co sent me one sample of their Jackpot Styling Creme.

I don't have a blog. However, I do write amazon reviews. I mention that in a few emails if I think its a new company and they would benefit from reviews.

Does anyone have a go-to site where they go to to enter in giveaways that include prizes, like makeup and bath stuff? So far I have found infinitesweeps, sweepstakes advantage, and online-sweepstakes to be helpful, but I'm trying to find more. So far I think that the ones that provide the most would be Woman's Day and Latina magazine.

Also if anyone is interested in receiving a free box of goodies, please be sure to message me before the week ends! Morgan Bathroom Essentials will send you a box of all their products if you get 7 people to sign up. It's a good deal that includes shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, and more and it is all organic! I'm normally pretty awesome at giveaway related things and if anyone's interested in learning more, I would love to answer all your questions! I havnt been getting much, except from colleges and Pet companie as far as contacting people go, but I do have a few spas that are going to send me stuff, and I'll be sure to post details on that soon!

Does anyone have a go-to site where they go to to enter in giveaways that include prizes, like makeup and bath stuff? So far I have found infinitesweeps, sweepstakes advantage, and online-sweepstakes to be helpful, but I'm trying to find more. So far I think that the ones that provide the most would be Woman's Day and Latina magazine.
Giveawaypromote is really good. I also like Contestgirl, giveawaytab is okay, & us.crokki.com is decent.

You can try poshly.com

Also if anyone is interested in receiving a free box of goodies, please be sure to message me before the week ends! Morgan Bathroom Essentials will send you a box of all their products if you get 7 people to sign up. It's a good deal that includes shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, and more and it is all organic! I'm normally pretty awesome at giveaway related things and if anyone's interested in learning more, I would love to answer all your questions! I havnt been getting much, except from colleges and Pet companie as far as contacting people go, but I do have a few spas that are going to send me stuff, and I'll be sure to post details on that soon!
Hey I am interested. Let me know what to do. Thanks!

I've tried Poshly and Contestgirl, and also think constest bee is okay. But I try to visit the other three I mentioned every day, so as to check out the new ones, as well as the ones that end on that day.

Hey, I have no idea if anyone still reads this thread, but I found this thread 2 days ago, emailed A BUNCH of companies, and already got 51 companies sending me things! Yay!

Hey, I have no idea if anyone still reads this thread, but I found this thread 2 days ago, emailed A BUNCH of companies, and already got 51 companies sending me things! Yay!
51 companies? That's cool. 

Can you share a few of the names?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back