• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How long did it take for you to get your Jouer samples? It has been over two weeks since I gave them my shipping information.
She told me she'd get them out to me as soon as she could on August 1st, and I received them on August 10th. They might have sped it up because in my email I mentioned I am a Birchbox subscriber and was super excited to see on their video sneakpeak that there would be Jouer body glow samples in July's boxes, but that I didn't receive the body glow sample in my box, what I got was a teeny tiny moisturizing tint much smaller than the sample they showed. They sent me two lip glosses, a lip enhancer, and a body glow.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She told me she'd get them out to me as soon as she could on August 1st, and I received them on August 10th. They might have sped it up because in my email I mentioned I am a Birchbox subscriber and was super excited to see on their video sneakpeak that there would be Jouer body glow samples in July's boxes, but that I didn't receive the body glow sample in my box, what I got was a teeny tiny moisturizing tint much smaller than the sample they showed. They sent me two lip glosses, a lip enhancer, and a body glow.
She never told me when she would ship them out, just soon. I am hoping to get it in the mail soon then :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went on a emailing rampage today 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've yet to hear back from about half the companies I messaged. However, the following said yes they'll ship out samples:
Jouer (spoke to them last week I should be getting that the end of this week if not early next)
Manna Kaddar
Whish
Per-fekt
Caldrea
Sabon
Leonor Greyl
Marula
Jurlique
Nia 24

I've heard back from 8 companies either saying no, or saying they've ran out. Amika($9.95 samples set) blinc, clean well, pur minerals,microdermamitt,Alima pure, J.R.Watkins (kind of rude too actually) and Coola . Coola was kind of amusing, see below.

"Thank you for contacting COOLA Suncare!

Due to the recent overwhelming response we received from Birchbox subscibers for sample requests, we have exhausted our supply of sample sizes. At this time, we are supplying Birchbox with an allotted amount of samples and look forward to further participation as partners in future boxes. 

For your convenience, we have a store locator on our website at www.coolasuncare.com. The retail locations carry testers and products for purchase and are the easiest way to experience the COOLA Suncare line prior to purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope this information is useful to you and welcome any further questions you may have."

I'm swimming in samples too but I so love the discovery of something new and fresh, with a nice scent or a new feeling on the skin . . . A lot of deluxe samples last for a lot longer than I would have thought!  I just used up my Ren Glycolic Peel citrusy face mask last night and it was only 15ml and I got at least 4, if not 5 uses out of it.  I tend to use more product at a time than most people, too, I think, I goop it on.  I have a Clark's Botanicals Clay mask that is the same tiny little jar size as the Marine Cream they sent to us and it's lasted for 2 masks and I still have more in there for about 2 more or so.  I almost want to just get it done and emptied so I can use the jar!  I need to buy some little jars to decant the foil packets into so they don't get wasted or not used.  Some of them are very nice and I just don't like foil packets but would probably use them if I put them in a jar.  Weird, I know.  

I now have a partner in crime, my husband asked today on the way to the gym if I'm forgetting about him when doing my night time ritual, he gets too much sun during the day through his work and likes the lotions at night apparently.  He's 5 1/2 years older than me and said, "I can't have a young wife and look like an old man!" jokingly.  I think I'm going to order the One Love sampler pack, thanks for posting about it.  I helped a friend with shaving/complexion problems and am bringing him back some products from the States to help, I think I'm becoming the local version of an Avon lady, ha ha.  Without the pay, of course.  But happy smiles are enough for me. 
luv.gif

I tried my luck with Ada and dirt. I hope it works out! I really wanted to try those too. Has anyone tried amika???

Yep..

"[SIZE=10.5pt]Great to hear from you Jenifer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/SIZE]

You may purchase one of our adored travel sets, along with such a cute original reusable bag at:   shop.loveamika.com 

Otherwise you may purchase from us for $9.95 total (includes shipping & tax) the following sample products:

-100ml obliphica shampoo
-10cc obliphica oil treatment
-two 20ml obliphica masks

The 10cc obliphica oil treatment sells for $9.95 by itself, so you’re getting the tax, shipping, shampoo, and 2 sample obliphica masks for free.  A great promo!!!

If you wish you may print out this email and include a check or money order made out to "Amika" for $9.95 total along with a physical shipping address, no po boxes.  And you can mail such to the below address in order to purchase the sample pack.

Or if you'd like to email us your daytime contact info, someone will contact you shortly to place a phone order with you between 10am-5pm Monday-Friday, NY time.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Have a beautiful day!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us.    We greatly welcome all feedback and inquiries!  Email us some hair pics!   LOVE YOUR HAIR & show off all those glamorous styles!    Enjoy,   The Amika Team 300 Meserole St. 3rd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11206 Tel: 866-833-3444
Fax: 718.599.2282
[email protected]
www.loveamika.com"

I contacted Oscar Blandi after receiving just the jasmine shampoo in my birchbox this month.  First I looked on the site, because you can buy travel sized (same size we received) samples, but it wasn't there.  So I emailed, basically saying I got the shampoo in my BB and would love to try it, since I've tried and like the jasmine serum, but don't like trying shampoos without conditioner, because you never really know if you like/don't like the new product or just how it reacts with the old conditioner.  I mentioned that the jasmine conditioner wasn't in the travel sized products available on the site, was there any way to order one?  Anyway, I heard back right away and the CS rep offered to send one right out to me (totally free!).  And to top off the excellent experience, it showed up the next day - he sent it fedex!?!

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I contacted Oscar Blandi after receiving just the jasmine shampoo in my birchbox this month.  First I looked on the site, because you can buy travel sized (same size we received) samples, but it wasn't there.  So I emailed, basically saying I got the shampoo in my BB and would love to try it, since I've tried and like the jasmine serum, but don't like trying shampoos without conditioner, because you never really know if you like/don't like the new product or just how it reacts with the old conditioner.  I mentioned that the jasmine conditioner wasn't in the travel sized products available on the site, was there any way to order one?  Anyway, I heard back right away and the CS rep offered to send one right out to me (totally free!).  And to top off the excellent experience, it showed up the next day - he sent it fedex!?!
I emailed them yesterday and have yet to receive any response 
icon_neutral.gif
 Hopefully I hear back soon. However, that is awesome!

Originally Posted by plutorayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went on a emailing rampage today 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've yet to hear back from about half the companies I messaged. However, the following said yes they'll ship out samples:

Jouer (spoke to them last week I should be getting that the end of this week if not early next)

Manna Kaddar

Whish

Per-fekt

Caldrea

Sabon

Leonor Greyl

Marula

Jurlique

Nia 24
Do you have email addresses for these companies that said yes? I know sometimes one person will say yes while another won't send samples, so sometimes it's nice to contact a certain person directly if they're willing to send out samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Perfekt & caldrea are both sending me samples. Suki said no. Perfekt was super nice- I look fwd to receiving both pkgs Actually, suki told me they'd sell me samples for $1 apiece in 10 sample increments.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfekt & caldrea are both sending me samples. Suki said no. Perfekt was super nice- I look fwd to receiving both pkgs

Actually, suki told me they'd sell me samples for $1 apiece in 10 sample increments.
I'm in love with the Suki exfoliating scrub. It's awesome. I bought the full size container and it's HUGE!!!!!

Moll, did you try a sample of the Suki before purchasing?  I really am interested in that exfoliator now.  I'm always looking for a nice new product.  I'm wondering if I should purchase the 10 samples for $9.99.  Okay, I re-read the e-mail, and the samples are 1-2 use homemade sachels (which I assume are like packets).  I just e-mailed back to see if shipping is included.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Moll, did you try a sample of the Suki before purchasing?  I really am interested in that exfoliator now.  I'm always looking for a nice new product.  I'm wondering if I should purchase the 10 samples for $9.99.  Okay, I re-read the e-mail, and the samples are 1-2 use homemade sachels (which I assume are like packets).  I just e-mailed back to see if shipping is included.
For some reason, when I requested samples from Suki they sent them to me for free. I'm not sure if you pay for it if you'll get bigger samples, but here's what I got:

Ada came back and said they've exhausted their sample supply. 

I e-mailed Shea Terra asking for information about the Rose Hips soap and they replied offering to send me samples, and gave me a code for 30% off my entire purchase.  Let's just say I didn't waste any time placing an order!

Just got an email back from WEI saying that they are out of samples, but are getting more next week and they will send me some then.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got an email back from WEI saying that they are out of samples, but are getting more next week and they will send me some then.
Yep, I got the same e-mail.

I sent a reply to suki, asking what the shipping is for samples, and was tolD it's $5.95. So if I were to purchase the set of 10 samples, my total would be around $16. I would most likely just purchase the product. That's too pricey for samples for me.

Back