• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed Juice today and mentioned that I got their oil-free moisturizer in my BB this month.  I got this response:

"Dear Samantha,

Thank you for contacting Juice Beauty.  We are pleased that you have enjoyed our products and would be happy to send you samples of our Cleansing Milk and Blemish Clearing Serum if you could please provide me with your mailing address.  If you have any additional questions, please let me know. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Erin Susick"

I already gave them my address in my last email, but oh well.  So looks like Juice will send some out, too!

ETA: Erin's email is [email protected]

Hello ladies, I have been lurking around on this thread stealing the email addresses ya have been putting up to contact companies lol. Ihope ya don't mind. Anyway I thought I would post since I have received a few replies back from companies...WEI gave me the same reply as above...Boscia was great and very helpful. (I didn't mind paying the 2.50 at all). AS far as suki goes they can kick rocks. Not only did they say no( I gave them the spill about being introduced through BB but not receiving their products and would really like to try.) They basically said they can't help what BB puts in the boxes and they give your samples according to profile and skin needs so basically I must not have met the profile to try their products! They seemed a bit rude to me and I would be way more likely to purchase from jouer. I received samples from there awhile back and whitney was so kind and sweet. I have zero interest in suki with their Sucky cs! They can keep their samples! Stingy tails! I have had some no we don't have samples replies but they weremsuper nice about it so thatss fine and totally understandable.

The following will give out samples :

Melvita                [email protected]
Osmotics            contact form on site
Sumita                [email protected]
Olie Biologique     [email protected]   they also mentioned a trio trial kit for $8.95 w/free shipping.
Juice Beauty        [email protected]

The only other company to get back to me since the other list is ada and they've exhausted their free sample supply.

I am still waiting for 13 other companies to reply. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Edited to add in the bit about the trial kit. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I emailed Perfekt and I heard back within an hour. Here is the email is sent them and the reply:

Hello! I am a Birchbox subscriber, and I was very excited to see your Lash Perfection Gel featured in this month's boxes. I am very intrigued by your product, have read great reviews about it, and would love to try it. I was not fortunate enough to receive a sample in my box, but this is something I would be interested in buying. I was wondering if you had a small sample that you could send me? I understand if this isn't possible, but if it is, I will include my contact information. Thank you so much for your time! 

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Of course,  we will send the sample out on Monday.

Enjoy...

Richard

Richard Anderson : President - Founder : Per-fékBeauty Inc. : 717 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Studio B2 : Hollywood, CA 90038 : 323-650-0961 office : 323-650-0962 fax

why look good when you can look per-fékt

Hope this is helpful. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received all of my WEI samples today!

Sorry the quality isn't the greatest - my phone camera stinks, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of using my real camera :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I noted in one of my last posts that I actually received two different responses from two separate reps, and sure enough, I received two separate packages.

The first was just a card (pictured) with the small red mud mask samples.

The second was a large box.  This came with the little tub of the mud mask, two packs of the pomegranate buffing beads, the Tibetan Chrysanthemum correcting eye treatment pads, as well as that (very healthy sized) Chinese Rose foaming cleanser.  It's funny that I got all of that just for asking for the mud mask!

I also got my Jouer samples today, but didn't take a picture.  It's just a small samples of their lip enhancer, their lip gloss in "wind," and lip gloss in "tender."

I also got a package from my mom today, so I came home to a full mailbox!

I received all of my WEI samples today! Sorry the quality isn't the greatest - my phone camera stinks, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of using my real camera :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyway, I noted in one of my last posts that I actually received two different responses from two separate reps, and sure enough, I received two separate packages. The first was just a card (pictured) with the small red mud mask samples. The second was a large box.  This came with the little tub of the mud mask, two packs of the pomegranate buffing beads, the Tibetan Chrysanthemum correcting eye treatment pads, as well as that (very healthy sized) Chinese Rose foaming cleanser.  It's funny that I got all of that just for asking for the mud mask! I also got my Jouer samples today, but didn't take a picture.  It's just a small samples of their lip enhancer, their lip gloss in "wind," and lip gloss in "tender." I also got a package from my mom today, so I came home to a full mailbox!
I came home to a stuffed mailbox too! I had a trade, more OLO discovery kits, my befine night cream I finally remembered to ask for after the expired mess, and a Lancome eyeshadow quad I got for doing a Loreal informational survey. I love coming home to presents, especially ones I didn't pay for!

I have gotten responses from Jouer, Wei, Caldrea who said yes they would send samples and no from Suki Skincare. Still waiting on a few to answer me still. We need to start a Samplers Anonymous group!

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I came home to a stuffed mailbox too! I had a trade, more OLO discovery kits, my befine night cream I finally remembered to ask for after the expired mess, and a Lancome eyeshadow quad I got for doing a Loreal informational survey. I love coming home to presents, especially ones I didn't pay for!

WOW! thats super nice! kinda like a WEI Birchbox!

For those who got the OLO kit, is your Easy Does It only less than half full, yet in a bottle twice the size of the other two bottles? Mine is, so I snapped a cell phone picture of the three bottles and replied to my order confirmation email (it said reply with any question) and very nicely just asked if it was supposed to be that way. I feel the answer I got was kind of weird and and an answer to a question I didn't ask. It comes off to me like she thought I was complaining that the samples were all too small or something. What do you think?- "Hi Erica. Yes, this is right. In the description, we put single use samples so you would know before ordering. This helps us keep the cost so low. The Travel Kit lasts about 4 weeks if you want to really experience OLO and what it can do for your skin!"

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOW! thats super nice! kinda like a WEI Birchbox!
Right?! I was super excited about it.  I always feel guilty asking for a ton of different samples, so I was so surprised that she stuck those extras in there!  Even though the company is a little pricier than I care to pay, it definitely makes me more likely to buy something full-sized.

Originally Posted by EricaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who got the OLO kit, is your Easy Does It only less than half full, yet in a bottle twice the size of the other two bottles? Mine is, so I snapped a cell phone picture of the three bottles and replied to my order confirmation email (it said reply with any question) and very nicely just asked if it was supposed to be that way. I feel the answer I got was kind of weird and and an answer to a question I didn't ask. It comes off to me like she thought I was complaining that the samples were all too small or something.

What do you think?-

"Hi Erica. Yes, this is right. In the description, we put single use samples so you would know before ordering. This helps us keep the cost so low. The Travel Kit lasts about 4 weeks if you want to really experience OLO and what it can do for your skin!"
Yes, I thought that was weird too. Mine was half full but in the tallest bottle. Not sure why they do that. I think they're basically saying "yes, it's half full, if you want to use it more extensively buy the travel kit"

Huh - I got my kit a while ago but all 3 bottles (Easy Does It, Morning Glory and Love Springs Eternal) were the same size. Maybe they ran out of the smaller sized sample bottles and had to substitute?

This is an interesting thread! It makes sense. I used to spend a lot on full sized products only to find that they didn't suit my skin, so THIS is a great idea, I never thought to reach out to the companies and ask for samples...they may say no, but hopefully it's okay to ask. I sent out a few e-mails today, with it being the weekend, let's see if I get reponses during the week.

To those of you who contacted dirt and ada how long did it take for a reply? I contacted 4 days ago so just wondering.

To those of you who contacted dirt and ada how long did it take for a reply? I contacted 4 days ago so just wondering.
Dirt replied the day after I sent a request (they sent samples). Ada took 8 days to reply and had exhausted their sample supply.

So between today and yesterday, I ended up getting a lot of loot 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 All of these companies with the exception of Jouer were contacted on the 15th.

8.17 Leonor Greyl -  Shampooing Au Miel,Shampooing Creme Moelle De Bambou, Shampooing Reviviscence, Creme Regeneratrice, Masque Fluers De Jasmin, Serum De Soie Sublimateur

8.17 Jouer - Lumininizing moisture tint packets in glow,golden & bronzed, lip enhancer, lip gloss in wind & tender

8.18 Sumita -  Full Size product?!?  Brow Set - Brow Wax Pencil  She asked which I wanted as a sample so I chose something that wasn't involved with Birchbox so there's no chance of a repeat. I honestly thought this was just going to be a tiny half pencil type sample, so she's getting a thank you email for sure. 
claps.gif

8.18 Jurlique - Balancing Foaming Cleanser, Calendula Cream, Purely Age- Defying Night Lotion, Purely Age-Defying Eye Cream, Purely Age-Defying Refining Treatment

8.18 Sabon - Foot cream 30 ml another decent sized sample, I'm thrilled about this as I was already planning a pedi this weekend.
smilehappyyes.gif

Oh also I got a response from Kahina and they'll be shipping out a sample as well.  Email @ [email protected]

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dirt also replied to me the day after I contacted them.  I didn't try Ada yet (I wasn't sure if they would send them, as I think they sell smaller sizes on their website for $1, but I'll have to try if I see more of you are successful!)

Hi- still kind of new around here!

Companys I have received a response from so far are:

Caldrea: Happy to send other scents. I received them in my Birchbox and would be interested in other scents (not my favourite BB sample, though) because you can get their soap at TJMaxx so 
smile.gif

Wei: I got the same response- will send me samples with their stock is back.

Supergoop: Told me to check their facebook for promotions for samples.

Jouer: So nice! Gave me options and offered the same that others are received- two glosses, tints, and lip stuff. So pumped!

Suki: Offered for me to buy them in kits of 10 for $1 each so $10 at a time.

I'm so pumped so far! This is a great idea. Nice for deciding brands with good service and with products you'd like 
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back