• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also: DDF is a no go, and Wei has samples on their website free with a purchase- so I didn't even bother with them. Thanks for the info! This is a great thread! 
just got a response from suki also and they said i could buy some for $15 and you get free samples with any order.

Also: DDF is a no go, and Wei has samples on their website free with a purchase- so I didn't even bother with them. Thanks for the info! This is a great thread! 
I actually emailed WEI and asked - the representative I was in contact with was super helpful.  She actually recommended some other products for me and told me she would send me those as well.  I asked for one product and will now be receiving four.  I'll have to let you all know when I actually receive them! (I just emailed them on Friday.)

Also, I just wanted to say that this thread is an awesome idea.  I have become addicted to asking companies for samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually emailed WEI and asked - the representative I was in contact with was super helpful.  She actually recommended some other products for me and told me she would send me those as well.  I asked for one product and will now be receiving four.  I'll have to let you all know when I actually receive them! (I just emailed them on Friday.)

Also, I just wanted to say that this thread is an awesome idea.  I have become addicted to asking companies for samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Who else have you asked and received a yes from?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Who else have you asked and received a yes from?
Pretty much the same...Jouer, dirt, boscia, manna kadar, waiting to hear back from a few others.  I actually started doing it just last week when you ladies were talking about it in the August BB thread.  I'll keep you updated.

Has anyone tried asking theBalm for some samples?

just got a response from suki also and they said i could buy some for $15 and you get free samples with any order.
See that's what suki told me.  That's weird that they'd give one person 10 samples and charge others.  Maybe I just didn't know the secret word?

Beautysage.com has a 5 piece deluxe sample box for $5.  No idea what's in it, but they charge $7.95 for shipping so I skipped it.

Pretty much the same...Jouer, dirt, boscia, manna kadar, waiting to hear back from a few others.  I actually started doing it just last week when you ladies were talking about it in the August BB thread.  I'll keep you updated.

I didn't try theBalm, but did ask Benefit.  I was told that's what Sephora is for.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it Midnight Oud? Lol That's the only one I hated, love ALL the others though. Definitely worth it, I think I found my favorite perfume brand. : )
OMG I'm glad it's not just me.  I hated that one!  Not a fan of Calamity J either.  I have a few of them on my trade list.

Yes, Midnight Oud was the one that was terrible for me too. My husband said it smelled like a funeral parlor.

I tried the Balm and I was told they don't have samples.

Amika- $9.95 for

-100ml obliphica shampoo

-10cc obliphica oil treatment

-two 20ml obliphica masks

Jouer- Yes and this is what they should be sending me:

LMT

2 glosses

Lip Enhancer

Manna Kadar- yes but the sample jar was empty

Boscia- yes, $2.50 for the samples

blinc- I emailed them about getting a mascara sample and I could get it if I was a licensed aesthetician and for a small price

Mario Badescu- yes

Miss Jessie's - yes, I got three samples before they changed it

So far these are the only ones I have asked for samples from

Has anyone ever entered a giveaway contest on Facebook and actually won? I enter them all the time and I haven't won anything yet.

Do you guys typically mention that you heard of these companies through which ever sub service you have? I've heard some girls mention it and some reps have been less than helpful 
icon_neutral.gif

Has anyone ever entered a giveaway contest on Facebook and actually won? I enter them all the time and I haven't won anything yet.
I have & I know several other members have. I like my favorite makeup brands on fb so I know right away when there is a giveaway. Good luck!

Originally Posted by plutorayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys typically mention that you heard of these companies through which ever sub service you have? I've heard some girls mention it and some reps have been less than helpful 
icon_neutral.gif
I have been mentioning that I have heard of them through BB and usually let them know if I've gotten or tried their products in the past.  I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it, but it has seemed to work okay for me.

well i won a birchbox contest on pinterest. i won those stila lip glosses from the july box along with 3 stila eyeshadow palettes if that counts

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well i won a birchbox contest on pinterest. i won those stila lip glosses from the july box along with 3 stila eyeshadow palettes if that counts
awesome win! Which ones?

I won the a second BB through glamour.com and a remington hair curler!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have & I know several other members have. I like my favorite makeup brands on fb so I know right away when there is a giveaway. Good luck!

I have won some things. A SriVectin gift set, a Pangea Organics travel set, MAD Skincare product, Murad facial lotion, and I think a couple others. LOL 

: )

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One Love Organics - $3.95 for "discovery kit"
Just ordered one! 

Anyone know of any more? I hate emailing and asking for samples, I'd rather just buy mini-kits.

what did you say in your email? 

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have won some things. A SriVectin gift set, a Pangea Organics travel set, MAD Skincare product, Murad facial lotion, and I think a couple others. LOL 

: )
How'd you win all of this? Lucky girl! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back