• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Blue, 

can you do an update after you receive please?

I would love to purchase that kit and a sneak peek would be awesome !!!! 

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just ordered one! 

Anyone know of any more? I hate emailing and asking for samples, I'd rather just buy mini-kits.
Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alice Blue, 

can you do an update after you receive please?

I would love to purchase that kit and a sneak peek would be awesome !!!! 

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I agree! I'd be so grateful if you shared what you got in the kit with us, Alice! =)

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! I'd be so grateful if you shared what you got in the kit with us, Alice! =)
I've now purchased 4 of the mini kits from One Love Organics.  Athough it says they're single uses, I'm on day 3 and still have enough for a couple more days.  There's a mini of 5 products, Skin Savior Balm, Morning Glory, Easy Does It, Brand New Day, and Love Springs Eternal.

Originally Posted by kcrowebird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it took 3 days for mine. AWESOME.
Nice! I hope mine gets here that fast. Are the Juliette Has a Gun perfume samples spray tops or wands?

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just ordered one! 

Anyone know of any more? I hate emailing and asking for samples, I'd rather just buy mini-kits.
This is what Amika sent me:

Otherwise you may purchase from us for $9.95 total (includes shipping & tax) the following sample products:

-100ml obliphica shampoo

-10cc obliphica oil treatment

-two 20ml obliphica masks

The 10cc obliphica oil treatment sells for $9.95 by itself, so you’re getting the tax, shipping, shampoo, and 2 sample obliphica masks for free.  A great promo!!!

If you wish you may print out this email and include a check or money order made out to "Amika" for $9.95 total along with a physical shipping address, no po boxes.  And you can mail such to the below address in order to purchase the sample pack.

Or if you'd like to email us your daytime contact info, someone will contact you shortly to place a phone order with you between 10am-5pm Monday-Friday, NY time.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I hope mine gets here that fast. Are the Juliette Has a Gun perfume samples spray tops or wands?
No spray top, and there's no wand either. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what did you say in your email? 
This is what I said in my email:

"Hello!

I'm a Birchbox subscriber, and I noticed that, this month, they are sending out a sample of your Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask this month.  Unfortunately, Birchbox did not send that to me in this month's box.  I was hoping to try it and wondering whether or not you would have a small sample to send out to me.  I understand if this is not possible, but if it is, my contact information is located in my signature below.

Thank you so much,
Samantha"

^I put my address and phone number under my name.

And this is what I got in return:

"Hi Samantha,

Sure - I will drop a sample to you in the mail on Monday. 

Did you also try our Chinese Rose Foaming Cleanser, Pomegranate Buffing Beads, and Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads? I will send each of those, too.

Thank you for your interest!"

I actually received another response from a separate rep from them saying she would send me the mask, so I'm wondering if they'll accidentally send me two of those.  We'll see!

I also just saw in the August Birchbox thread that someone was able to get soap samples from Caldrea, so you can all try there, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what I said in my email:

"Hello!

I'm a Birchbox subscriber, and I noticed that, this month, they are sending out a sample of your Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask this month.  Unfortunately, Birchbox did not send that to me in this month's box.  I was hoping to try it and wondering whether or not you would have a small sample to send out to me.  I understand if this is not possible, but if it is, my contact information is located in my signature below.

Thank you so much,
Samantha"

^I put my address and phone number under my name.

And this is what I got in return:

"Hi Samantha,

Sure - I will drop a sample to you in the mail on Monday. 

Did you also try our Chinese Rose Foaming Cleanser, Pomegranate Buffing Beads, and Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads? I will send each of those, too.

Thank you for your interest!"

I actually received another response from a separate rep from them saying she would send me the mask, so I'm wondering if they'll accidentally send me two of those.  We'll see!
sweet! good to know- I sent an email basically saying the same thing last night. We'll see what today brings!

Caldrea just responded in less than 20 minutes: (!!!!!)

[SIZE=11pt]Greetings,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We would be more than happy to send you the samples that were included in select August Birchboxes. Since you have already so kindly already provided your mailing address, we will be sure to send them right out to you. We appreciate your interest in Caldrea and hope you are enjoying a beautifully clean day![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]With kind regards, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jillian Sherritt [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We would be more than happy to send you the samples that were included in select August Birchboxes. Since you have already so kindly already provided your mailing address, we will be sure to send them right out to you. We appreciate your interest in Caldrea and hope you are enjoying a beautifully clean day![/SIZE]

Same for me!

I'm fairly certain it's an automated system, when I responded back with my info I got this.

[SIZE=12pt]Greetings,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for your interest in Caldrea. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. We are always more than happy to send fragrance samples to customers who would like to experience our fragrances first hand before making a purchase. Please respond back with your mailing address and we will be sure to send samples right out to you. We hope to hear from you soon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]With clean and kind regards,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jillian Sherritt[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Customer Service Representative[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Toll free at: 877-865-1508 Ext. 334[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Caldrea / Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]T 612-436-7334[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]F 612-371-9995[/SIZE]  [SIZE=12pt]www.caldrea.com[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] / [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]www.mrsmeyers.com[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also emailed Marula, they were in Birchbox's March Box. Got back to me within 5 minutes. 

"Hi Jen -

We will be doing another sampling program in November with BIrchbox but I can send you a sample if you would kindly provide me 
with your mailing address.

Thanks,
Anna"

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by plutorayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also emailed Marula, they were in Birchbox's March Box. Got back to me within 5 minutes. 

"Hi Jen -

We will be doing another sampling program in November with BIrchbox but I can send you a sample if you would kindly provide me 
with your mailing address.

Thanks,
Anna"
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Marula didn't work for me. I got a response from Anna too but it said to follow their Pinterest page because they are doing a giveaway and then said I can just buy a full size item and send it back if I don't like it. I thought that was a really weird/rude response and so I told her I'm not going through the hassle of buying a full size product to end up having it not work out and have to ship it back. That's the point of samples. The thing is, I've actually spent a lot of money on full size products after trying samples and liking them, so it's not like I'm just looking for a handout. But I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a new skincare line that will make me break out and then have to deal with returning it.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've now purchased 4 of the mini kits from One Love Organics.  Athough it says they're single uses, I'm on day 3 and still have enough for a couple more days.  There's a mini of 5 products, Skin Savior Balm, Morning Glory, Easy Does It, Brand New Day, and Love Springs Eternal.
Thank you so much for sharing Lisa! The sample size looks very generous. I think I may order some today!

Doctor T's Supergoop! It's official: we reached 100 fans and look forward to hooking you up with free City Sunscreen Serum samples! Click here to provide us your ship to information and remember: Cleanse first, City Sunscreen Serum next:

url shorteners removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a sample pack from OLO, too, which is surprising since I always lament the fact that I have so many skincare samples and so few makeup samples and wish it was the other way around! But when I went to their site, I suddenly became convinced that not only do I need more skincare samples, but I should pay money for them, too! Congratulations, OLO website designer/marketing team! Also, the Manna Kadar Facebook sample? You girls weren't kidding! It looks like someone was applying the lotion with their fingertips and then used the lid of the jar to wipe their finger clean. Why waste the 2 bucks sending that to us?

Just ordered the OLO sample kit as well. I got the Beauty Balm in a Birchbox a couple of months ago and just started using it. It's quite nice. I am also drowning in skin care samples over here, but I can't stop myself from wanting more.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've emailed the following companies and they've said they will send me free samples:

• Gloss ([email protected]) - They said they will send me free samples of the High-Gloss Masque and High-Gloss Serum. Still waiting for this.
  • Boscia (you have to call them to place your order: 1.888.635.8884.) - For $2.50 Shipping and Handling I received the Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample packette, Purifying Cleansing Gel Sample, Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15, Oil-free Nightly Hydration Sample, B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Sample, Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment Sample and the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 Sample.
  • Suki ([email protected]) - They asked me what kind of skin I have and then sent me a bunch (like 10) free samples.
  • Ada ([email protected]) - Sent me two full sample size peach bronzers. They will last forever.
  • Dirt ([email protected]) - Very nice, said they will send me samples. Still waiting.
  • Jouer ([email protected]) - Sent me two little lip gloss samples along with a decent size lip enhancer and a Body Glow sample for free.
  • Manna Kadar ([email protected]) - They sent a tiny little dot of the sheer glo stuff along with a 20% off coupon for their store. Seriously, the sample was ridiculously small inside a big jar.

The following companies do not give out free samples:

• Harvey Prince - You have to buy their sample perfumes for $12 each, but they are a decent size.
  • Stila - Very nice, but said they didn't have any samples to give out. Said that you can usually get some when you purchase from their store. 
  • Laura Geller - Said they don't have any samples, but to check back occassionally.
  • Arquiste - Said they haven't established a sample shipping program yet.
  • Ahava
How long did it take for you to get your Jouer samples? It has been over two weeks since I gave them my shipping information.

Originally Posted by EricaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a sample pack from OLO, too, which is surprising since I always lament the fact that I have so many skincare samples and so few makeup samples and wish it was the other way around! But when I went to their site, I suddenly became convinced that not only do I need more skincare samples, but I should pay money for them, too! Congratulations, OLO website designer/marketing team!

Also, the Manna Kadar Facebook sample? You girls weren't kidding! It looks like someone was applying the lotion with their fingertips and then used the lid of the jar to wipe their finger clean. Why waste the 2 bucks sending that to us?
My Manna Kadar sample wasn't small it just wasn't cleanly put into the jar.

Latest posts

Back