Quantcast

What display mode format do you view the forums in?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Threaded.....but I wanted to say "What the hell does this mean?" lol I what is Linear and Hybrid?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What display mode format do you view the forums in?
  • Linear
  • Hybrid
  • Threaded

Reaction score
LOL! heheh

Originally Posted by Diane

Threaded.....but I wanted to say "What the hell does this mean?" lol I what is Linear and Hybrid?

Reaction score
LOOOOOOVE my linear!! I like being able to see all the posts in one place... not part of it like in threaded, then having to click into it to read more - as there are usually a few new posts in a thread that I haven't seen yet... its just easier to scroll down & read them all - and hybrid I just don't see a use for - because if you are going to click on the threaded part - you might as well use the threaded view... and if you are going to scroll down & see each post - welp... that pretty much linear...

I just keep it on linear - it's perfect... just wish there was a way to default it to that so when I log in, they aren't automatically in "threaded" & I have to change it to linear.

Reaction score
I'm a threaded guy myself. I am surprised!
I thought because of the "MuA effect" that most would like threaded. MuA is threaded heaven, but it's not like our threaded view.....

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

LOOOOOOVE my linear!! I like being able to see all the posts in one place... not part of it like in threaded, then having to click into it to read more - as there are usually a few new posts in a thread that I haven't seen yet... its just easier to scroll down & read them all - and hybrid I just don't see a use for - because if you are going to click on the threaded part - you might as well use the threaded view... and if you are going to scroll down & see each post - welp... that pretty much linear...

I just keep it on linear - it's perfect... just wish there was a way to default it to that so when I log in, they aren't automatically in "threaded" & I have to change it to linear.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I'm a threaded guy myself. I am surprised!
I thought because of the "MuA effect" that most would like threaded. MuA is threaded heaven, but it's not like our threaded view..... Now you see why I'm never on MUA - LOL
Gives me a headache.... so many things its a big blur after about 10 seconds of looking at it! LOL

Reaction score
Linear !!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Now you see why I'm never on MUA - LOL
Gives me a headache.... so many things its a big blur after about 10 seconds of looking at it! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Now you see why I'm never on MUA - LOL

LMAO, it gives you a headache.. Aw, you poor thing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura LMAO, it gives you a headache.. Aw, you poor thing
Its so unorganized... Half the time I have no friggin' clue what reply is from what post, or where the first post even is!!! It looks like a serial killers computer! LOL Total run-off, unorganized, messy sloppy & just UGH!

Reaction score
Linear but.....like I knew there were choices
, OK, I admit it, before this poll I didn't know there was anything else.

Reaction score
Ours or MUA?

Now you see why I'm never on MUA - LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ours or MUA? MUA!!!!! LOL Our threaded mode isn't that bad - better than MUA's... but I like the linear better anyways

Reaction score

MUA!!!!! LOL Our threaded mode isn't that bad - better than MUA's... but I like the linear better anyways

Yep!

Reaction score
I use threaded but tried Linear and Hybrid today...didn't like them.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What display mode format do you view the forums in?
  • Linear
  • Hybrid
  • Threaded

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LOOOOOOVE my linear!! I like being able to see all the posts in one place... not part of it like in threaded, then having to click into it to read more - as there are usually a few new posts in a thread that I haven't seen yet... its just easier to scroll down & read them all - and hybrid I just don't see a use for - because if you are going to click on the threaded part - you might as well use the threaded view... and if you are going to scroll down & see each post - welp... that pretty much linear...

I totally agree with you Janelle. I love just being able to scroll all the way down, it's a much faster and efficient way to view the posts. I actually keep mine linear all the time -- since this computer is my personal computer, I just never log out (and then never have to change display modes).

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally

any way I can get it ...oh ...forums ...LINEAR ...MUA gives me a headache also.

LOL, I got it!

Reaction score
Oh a hybrid user!! Nice! Combo threaded and linear, right?

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo

Hehe, looks like I'm the only one that likes Hybrid here!

Latest posts