What display mode format do you view the forums in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh a hybrid user!! Nice! Combo threaded and linear, right? Yep!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I like to view threads I haven't read before in Linear; but if I've already read most of the thread, I can click on the new posts on the threaded part.

Linear -- it's much faster to read all the posts at once and easier to go back and re-read a post if necessary. Plus there's the "Go to first unread post" icon if you've read most of the thread. The only advantage I can see to threaded is that you can see if a person is replying to a post other than the original one -- but as you can see from this thread, people usually quote who they're replying to anyway so it doesn't really matter!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 just wish there was a way to default it to that so when I log in, they aren't automatically in "threaded" & I have to change it to linear.
icon_neutral.gif
I never log out of my home computer, but when I log in and out on public computers it remembers that I have it set to Linear. I know I changed a setting in the UserCP to use the linear display, have you looked around in the User CP options? (Unless it's remembering that I like linear because I'm still logged in at home...?)

Yes, Girl Geek is right! This setting is in the USERCP Janelle under "OPTIONS". Scroll down to Thread Display Mode
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek

I never log out of my home computer, but when I log in and out on public computers it remembers that I have it set to Linear. I know I changed a setting in the UserCP to use the linear display, have you looked around in the User CP options? (Unless it's remembering that I like linear because I'm still logged in at home...?)

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo Hehe, looks like I'm the only one that likes Hybrid here!
icon_redface.gif
No way sistah! Count me in your corner; I'm another Hybrid gal.
wink.gif

ROFL!
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally

Okay ...DUH ...I thought I was linear ...but realized I was threaded ...QUICK ..SEND OXYGEN TO THIS DYING BRAIN .....
icon_lol.gif

Changing them around to see which ones I like ..and I might have to say Threaded or Hybrid.

I wanted to post back a little synopsis on what the differences are between the modes are:

1. Linear Mode (Oldest First) - In this mode, posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.
  2. Linear Mode (Newest First) - This is the same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).
  3. Threaded Mode - In this mode, a tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.
  4. Hybrid Mode - This mode is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed like in the threaded mode, but multiple posts are displayed simultaneously like in the linear modes.

Hope this clears up any questions
    wink.gif

Latest posts

Back