What do you guys recommend to treat black heads?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've started w/ a new dermatologist and she feels that a few months of differin gel will do the trick. Has anyone had experience w/ Differin gel. And can anyone offer me and tips to eliminate black heads? This site is amazing by the way! I will never buy another beauty product w/o checking here first!

Hiya, Welcome to MuT. Where exactly are your blackheads? Coz i have zillions on my nose & i use Queen helene's Mint Julep Mask on it once a week. I find it really brings them up & they're easy to squeeze out then!

I have blackheads all over my nose, on the sides of my nose, and under my lip. I'm gonna give that a shot though, thanks.

Welcome to MakeupTalk!

Originally Posted by freetshirt

I've started w/ a new dermatologist and she feels that a few months of differin gel will do the trick. Has anyone had experience w/ Differin gel. And can anyone offer me and tips to eliminate black heads? This site is amazing by the way! I will never buy another beauty product w/o checking here first!

I totally agree with the asprin mask, it really works! Originally Posted by Irishgirl Hi FreeTShirt! Welcome to MuT! The best treatment I have found for blackheads is using an aspirin mask 2x a week..The aspirin's BHA content really helps with getting the gook out of your skin and it feels so smooth after you have done one..You just get 6 uncoated aspirins and crush them to a powder..Add a few drops of water to make a paste and then apply to your face...Let dry for 5 minutes and rinse! Voila! It's a wonderful thing believe me! LOL!

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I totally agree with the asprin mask, it really works! I 3rd the Asprin mask(I only use this once a week though depending on how sensitive your skin is) or try Paula's Choice BHA..Comes in 2 strengths 1% & 2 % also comes in either a lotion or liquid formula if you contact http://www.paulaschoice.com they'll send you free samples..I used the 2% solution(liquid) every other day and it's really improved my black head situation

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Lucky girl! Paula just came out with a 1% BHA gel if you are interested in trying that in the future. I wonder why I had more luck with the Aspirin Mask than I did with her BHA stuff; it was like totally different results. The BHA liquid ended up giving me whiteheads; lol! I must be an atypical customer..lol That is so weird..We at totally different ends of the skin spectrum..

I use Differin 3x week and I love it. It definetly helps with whitheads and hormonal acne, but it has little effect on blackheads - at least for me. I use the aspirin mask 2x week and that has helped alot. PC's BHA solutions actually made me break out too. I really wanted to like her stuff and tried it 3 different times but each time it broke me out. Well, live and learn, different things work for different people.

Latest posts

Back