What foundation primer do you like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was reading the post about eyeshadow primer and I'm wondering if there's a foundation primer you've found that works well too? I'm using the Smashbox primer right now and I think it's ok but not great. I'd like to try another one.. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

~Diane

I've heard the smashbox one is great & i tried one by Laura Mercier before but i didn't feel my make up lasted long at all. I don't have any recommendations for a primer but i really think that setting your foundation with loose powder makes it last so much longer than not using it. I've only started using it recently & i'm so pleased with the result

I agree, my foundation last longer too setting it with powder. What powder do you like? Primer seems to help my face look fresher longer. It doesn't seem to fade after 6-8 hours. I don't need to do any touch ups. But, I'm thinking that if the foundation has silicone in it and so does the primer then aren't I just layering silicone? lol Hmmm...I have to think about this one.

~Diane

Originally Posted by Laura I've heard the smashbox one is great & i tried one by Laura Mercier before but i didn't feel my make up lasted long at all. I don't have any recommendations for a primer but i really think that setting your foundation with loose powder makes it last so much longer than not using it. I've only started using it recently & i'm so pleased with the result

I forgot to say that, I tried the Laura Mercier primer too and I didn't like it. It burned when I first put it on and it didn't work well. I've also tried Philosophy's "The Present" and I didn't notice a difference. But, it smelled nice and had a good texture.
smile.gif

Weird.. even the vice president of Benefit says that the Laura Mercier primer is the best. I trust his word! I haven't tried it, but I put it on my hand and really didn't jump up and down over it. I know that Biotherm has something that my boss just loves for a base... it comes in a small tube, it's not Pure Bright, it's something else.. ugh.. I wish I could remember.

I like "Spackle" by Laura Geller - I've only used it a few times (mom has it) but It seems to work really nice! It is also somewhat pearlescent, so it leaves skin with a nice glow and shimmer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I heard that it works good and gives your face kind of a glow. I think I might give it a try.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I like "Spackle" by Laura Geller - I've only used it a few times (mom has it) but It seems to work really nice! It is also somewhat pearlescent, so it leaves skin with a nice glow and shimmer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back