What is everyone's hair length?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your hair length, and do you like it the way it is or you wish it was something else? Also what color is your hair?

Here's mine:

I have long hair, down to my back. It's red with blond streaks (the red is fading away fast). I HATE MY HAIR!!!!
icon_sad.gif
I wish it was shorter. Long hair bugs me, but i havent had the time to get it chopped off.

Sorry i dont have a picture right now
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) We Need A Picture!!!

I have mine only a few inches below my shoulder.

I Love long hair on others; it's so pretty.

Originally Posted by maiho Sorry i dont have a picture right now
icon_frown.gif

Right now my hair is right above my shoulders, its shorter in the back and comes down longer in the front to subtle points. The color? Thats a tough one to discribe. Its a light brown all over color with caramel, light blond & dark blonde hilights, with dark brown underneith all the hilights.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Californian I have mine only a few inches below my shoulder.
I Love long hair on others; it's so pretty.

My hair is just to the shoulders and it's light blonde. It was past my shoulders about 6 months ago but I told my hair dresser to cut it shorter.
icon_sad.gif
I wish I wouldn't have done that. I miss my hair longer. Maiho, please make sure you are absolutely sure you want to have your hair cut shorter before you do it. Mine used to be really long until my son was born and I didn't want to deal with it so I had it cut shorter. Now I wish it was long again and I'm actually growing it. My hair dresser cut some long layers in my hair so that it looks good while I'm growing it out. My hair grows pretty fast but it's still a pain to grow it. I think the reason I wanted to have my hair cut shorter when I had it long was because it was all one length. I needed some layers in it to give it some volume but didn't think of it at the time. Once my hair is the length I want I'm going to make sure it's also cut nice with some layers.
icon_smile.gif

I agree with Reija--make sure you're sure you want to cut your hair! Or maybe just get a little cut at a time. I just had my hair cut 6inches+ and it was a lot to have cut at one time. You can check out my "hair cut" post to see what my hair looks like now
smile.gif
It's dark brown right now, though I get some lighter brown and red streaks in the sun.

In general I really like my hair, and I love having it long. This is probably the shortest it's ever going to be!

The red sounds great Calypso! My sis has blonde hair & got the ends dipped bright pink last yr & it was so cool..

What do you mean "would it be too much?" What look are you going for? How do you spend your days? That will help lots. Thanks.

P.S. Short hair is soooo much easier to comb out!!! I like mine medium to long though. It just looks better ... I think.

Originally Posted by Calypso412 Too much as in...tacky (for lack of a better word) My days include school, horseback riding, working at a zoo, working at an afterschool prgram and babysitting. I didn't know if it would make me appear to be less professional. Do you know anywhere I can get it done, would a regular hair salon do it? I think you are not really asking us IF you should do it so much as how you should do it. LoL. Normally a lawyer or a secretary would not have red tips at the end of her hair if she wanted to appear profesional. However, you are young, in school, and working at a zoo and with kids! I say GO FOR IT... you won't be as able to get away with this look later!

As for where you could get it done, I am sure a progressive hair salon could do it. I'd definately leave it to a pro for best results. There are a few people on this board who know a lot about hair stuff and I hope they answer this too.

Good luck and have fun!

hhbanner5.jpg

Originally Posted by Calypso412 Oh...I think I missed an activity. I am a member of Police Explorers. Would that make it less appealing? and if there are special occasions, would that make me seem less "dressy/classy"? It depends on whom you ask. LOL. Some very artistic and eccentric people can get away with it. If you asked me personally, I'd say nope... I would be more apt to take a person more seriously and business-like without the red tips. That's just me though. Some might say that it's judgemental to say that. However, I believe that we are all judgemental and have opinions. There are ways to dress and look that will set you up to get yourself taken more seriously. Like it or not, good or bad ... it's just a fact!Honestly Yours,

Calif

mutcola.gif

Ooh sounds like a really pretty hair cut! I love short cuts but I'm growing mine out for a change.
smile.gif

My hair is a mix of brown highlights and lowlights, wavy, with long layers down to my lower neck area. Just long enough to pull in a ponytail! These pics were taken about 2 months ago, when my hair was first highlighted. It's grown some since then!

Hair%20and%20makeup%202smallest.JPG
Hair%20rear%20small.JPG

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Normally it is a frizzy ball, I flat iron it all the time. I'm glad you haven't had to report on our Victims of EasyStraight board. Phew! They are heading for a law suit I'm afraid. Although... I could use a nice settlement about now.. hmmmm.....
aapippi.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish My hair is a mix of brown highlights and lowlights, wavy, with long layers down to my lower neck area. Just long enough to pull in a ponytail! These pics were taken about 2 months ago, when my hair was first highlighted. It's grown some since then!
Hair%20and%20makeup%202smallest.JPG
Hair%20rear%20small.JPG

very pretty

Latest posts

Back