Quantcast

What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Well I'm still in the search for that perfect foundation..(my face is oily)I want one that wears on and on and that makes me look flawlessand glowing ..Here's the one's I've tried:

Clinique: Yuck!


Lancome Photogenic: doesn't last and by the end of the day I look horrible!


Bourjois Perfect Fluid: Hated the coverage..perfect for people that have a perfect complexion

Origins: Not bad but still not what I'm looking for

Dermablend: Awesome coverage (full) but too heavy on face

And I'm not even gonna talk about Covergirl, Maybelline,etc!!!

What are the foundations you currently use? And if you know of one that will make heads turn please let me know!!!

 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
2,831
Reaction score
0
I have oily skin and really like the bare minerals powder foundation. Not a real heavy coverage though.


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
:icon_love My favorites:

MAC Moistureblend

CoverGirl CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer

Estee Lauder Double Wear (tried my mom's once... really nice!)

Bare Minerals

Studio Gear liquid foundation (forgot the exact name)

L'Oreal True Match

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Charmaine I know everyone's gonna disagree, but I really like MAC Studio Fix! ahhh the studio fix,loved the coverage ,didnt love the breakout,lol

 
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Charmaine I know everyone's gonna disagree, but I really like MAC Studio Fix! I love how you do your eyeshadow!! I've never used makeup brushes in my life but I'm thinking in buying some..could you tell me which ones are "must haves"
Thanks!
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
guess I like foundations of usually disliked brands


MAC Hyper Real

Maybelline True Illusion

 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
i love prescriptives custom blend. when you go to the counter they do a "color match" that identifies your base skin tone. if you have problems with oil they can add an oil control gel to your foundation. they mix it right in front of you so that you can try it as they mix. you don't have to leave until your perfectly satifisfied. you get amazing coverage in your custom skin tone. it may be pricey at $55, but your skin will be flawless. i was using MAC and one day i decided to splurge and try prescriptives. now i wouldn't wear anything else. people don't even know i'm wearing makeup. my skin is also acne prone and i've never had a problems with breakouts or clogged pores. in my book, way worth the price!


 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation makes my skin look flawless, and the coverage is great too....

Originally Posted by smallpuppy Well I'm still in the search for that perfect foundation..(my face is oily)I want one that wears on and on and that makes me look flawlessand glowing ..Here's the one's I've tried:Clinique: Yuck!


Lancome Photogenic: doesn't last and by the end of the day I look horrible!


Bourjois Perfect Fluid: Hated the coverage..perfect for people that have a perfect complexion

Origins: Not bad but still not what I'm looking for

Dermablend: Awesome coverage (full) but too heavy on face

And I'm not even gonna talk about Covergirl, Maybelline,etc!!!

What are the foundations you currently use? And if you know of one that will make heads turn please let me know!!!

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i'm gonna try out chantecaille and the armani stuff. but i have normal/dry skin that is acne prone


right now i use laura mercier tinted moisturizer which makes my skin look great even though it doesn't have a lot of coverage. it just evens out my skin tone and stuff.

 
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
I use Becca Luminous Skin Colour spf 20 (liquid foundation) and I set it with MAC Studio Fix. I can't afford the Becca Loose Powder right now
.

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,603
Reaction score
1
I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and right now I'm using L'Oreal Mattique. It's probably not the most amazing foundation ever but it is the best I've tried. I like the medium coverage it gives, it's non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), and matches my skintone very well. (Many foundations are too dark for my pale skin.
)

However, the thing that works best for my oily skin is my Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder! (hehe, this is probably the fifth thread I've had to plug this product in!) All the other loose powders I've tried (even department store brands) still left my face shiny in only 2-3 hours. But with this CG powder, my face is completely matte after 3 hours and is barely shiny at the end of the day with no touch-ups! It also sets my mu and keeps my foundation, concealor, and eyeshadow (when I use foundation and the loose powder as an e/s base) all day. This stuff definitely makes up for any defficiencies my foundation or concealor may have


 
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
I'm gonna have to say Bare Escentuals:icon_love I will never put liquid on my face again.

Lisa

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
I have extremely oily skin. Right now I'm using Shiseido Fluid Foundation and I'm really liking it.

 
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by smallpuppy Well I'm still in the search for that perfect foundation..(my face is oily)I want one that wears on and on and that makes me look flawlessand glowing ..Here's the one's I've tried:Clinique: Yuck!


Lancome Photogenic: doesn't last and by the end of the day I look horrible!


Bourjois Perfect Fluid: Hated the coverage..perfect for people that have a perfect complexion

Origins: Not bad but still not what I'm looking for

Dermablend: Awesome coverage (full) but too heavy on face

And I'm not even gonna talk about Covergirl, Maybelline,etc!!!

What are the foundations you currently use? And if you know of one that will make heads turn please let me know!!!

MAC's select SPF15 foundation. I LOVE it. It covers SO well and I have no broken out at ALL and I have acne prone skin!

 
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha I have oily acne prone skin and I LOVE LOVE LOVE
Chantecaille Future Skin

its oil free and gel based and gives that flawless look!

my 2nd fave

is Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, it is also oil free!

Where do you buy the chantecaille future skin, Trish?
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by PinkRibbons MAC's select SPF15 foundation. I LOVE it. It covers SO well and I have no broken out at ALL and I have acne prone skin! Isn't it great!?!? I love it too!
It's probably one of the first foundations that I'll use up entirely.
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Ash, Neiman Marcus carries Chantecaille items. You can get a sample if you go to the counter or even if you call them. If not, order it online neimanmarcus.com and if you don't like it, you can return it using the same box (they have prepaid postage too
) and get your money back. I have it and it is really a nice fdtn.

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Where do you buy the chantecaille future skin, Trish?
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Mine are Chantecaille Future Skin and/or Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation.

La Prairie Caviar Foundation SPF 15 and La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Satin SPF 15

I received my Armani fdtn samples today so I will be trying them in a few days.

Originally Posted by Trisha I have oily acne prone skin and I LOVE LOVE LOVE
Chantecaille Future Skin

its oil free and gel based and gives that flawless look!

my 2nd fave

is Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, it is also oil free!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by monniej i love prescriptives custom blend. when you go to the counter they do a "color match" that identifies your base skin tone. if you have problems with oil they can add an oil control gel to your foundation. they mix it right in front of you so that you can try it as they mix. you don't have to leave until your perfectly satifisfied. you get amazing coverage in your custom skin tone. it may be pricey at $55, but your skin will be flawless. i was using MAC and one day i decided to splurge and try prescriptives. now i wouldn't wear anything else. people don't even know i'm wearing makeup. my skin is also acne prone and i've never had a problems with breakouts or clogged pores. in my book, way worth the price!
my aunt swears by that!!!
 

Latest posts

Top