What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by monniej i love prescriptives custom blend. when you go to the counter they do a "color match" that identifies your base skin tone. if you have problems with oil they can add an oil control gel to your foundation. they mix it right in front of you so that you can try it as they mix. you don't have to leave until your perfectly satifisfied. you get amazing coverage in your custom skin tone. it may be pricey at $55, but your skin will be flawless. i was using MAC and one day i decided to splurge and try prescriptives. now i wouldn't wear anything else. people don't even know i'm wearing makeup. my skin is also acne prone and i've never had a problems with breakouts or clogged pores. in my book, way worth the price!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to wear Prescriptives because my dermatologist insisted that they were the only brand that was "truly" noncomedogenic. (But when Prescriptives left my town I switched to other brands.) I never tried their custom blend (amazingly their regular foundations actually matched my skin) .... I used to wear their Traceless foundation after they discontinued the first one I wore, but it was so sheer I might as well not have worn foundation at all. Not worth the $27
frown.gif
However maybe their other foundations with more coverage are still good!

I'm really into mineral foundations right now. I use Aromaleigh, but Jane Iredale is nice too. Aside from that, I love Chanel's Double Perfection foundation. I use the powder compact, but they have a cream form as well that's really nice.

I'm not trish......but I just ordered some samples of chantecaille future skin foundation and powder by calling our nieman marcus store. They sell it on neimanmarcus.com.......HTH

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Where do you buy the chantecaille future skin, Trish?

Originally Posted by monniej i love prescriptives custom blend. when you go to the counter they do a "color match" that identifies your base skin tone. if you have problems with oil they can add an oil control gel to your foundation. they mix it right in front of you so that you can try it as they mix. you don't have to leave until your perfectly satifisfied. you get amazing coverage in your custom skin tone. it may be pricey at $55, but your skin will be flawless. i was using MAC and one day i decided to splurge and try prescriptives. now i wouldn't wear anything else. people don't even know i'm wearing makeup. my skin is also acne prone and i've never had a problems with breakouts or clogged pores. in my book, way worth the price!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've always wanted to try this, but my skin tone changes so much between the winter/summer and I'd probably have to get like 4 bottles!! lol I get dark in the summer, and I'm white in the winter... spring & fall Im a little inbetween
smile.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation makes my skin look flawless, and the coverage is great too.... I'm an Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation fan aswell.. It lasts the full day on my oily skin and i can get sheer or full coverage from it. (for sheer, i just mix with regular moisturiser). I absolutely LOVE it!

I always use a powder foundation because I don't like heavy liquid or cream foundations. My skin is pretty good except for those pesky breakouts and large pores, so I'm not too demanding on my foundation. I was using Bare Escentuals, but then they were out of my shade at the store. Clinique was the next counter I hit so I ended up with Clinique Oil-free City base foundation.

Get samples before buying if possible smallpuppy! Oh and let us know what you end up getting
biggrin.gif

Hi smallpuppy,

I'm kinda responding late to this thread...but I just switched over to Jane Iredale's Amazing Base. It's a mineral makeup. Feels light and comfortable, and has remarkable coverage. I was using Bare Escentuals, but it just stopped working for me.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy Well I'm still in the search for that perfect foundation..(my face is oily)I want one that wears on and on and that makes me look flawlessand glowing ..Here's the one's I've tried:Clinique: Yuck!
eek.gif

Lancome Photogenic: doesn't last and by the end of the day I look horrible!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Bourjois Perfect Fluid: Hated the coverage..perfect for people that have a perfect complexion

Origins: Not bad but still not what I'm looking for

Dermablend: Awesome coverage (full) but too heavy on face

And I'm not even gonna talk about Covergirl, Maybelline,etc!!!

What are the foundations you currently use? And if you know of one that will make heads turn please let me know!!!

Forgot to write... From mineral mu I love Aromaleigh and Jane Iredale :icon_love

i also have very oily skin and i looooove biotherm sense matte! great coverage, still looks natural and flawless and has great staying power!

Hey frenchkitty! Just wanna say HI & WELCOME to MuT. I'm laura from Ireland. If you need help with anything on the site just shout!

My ultimate favorite foundation is DiorSkin. It has great coverage, smooth finish and lasts all day!! Love It!!:icon_love

I've tried a lot of stuff.. I would have to say my favorites are :

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Cover Girl Continuous Wear

Almay Sport Tinted Moisturizer

Biotherm Tinted Moisturizer

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

Benefit Non Fiction with Get Even Powder

Jane Iredale Amazing Base

Originally Posted by frenchkitty Currently my favorite is Clinique Perfectly Real makeup. I love the finish. Welcome Frenchkitty!!! I'm janelle - nice to meet you!
wink.gif

I'm still loving my MAC Moistureblend, but Scarlette did get me also loving that Dream Matte Mousse!
wink.gif

i tried more expensive stuff as well as drugstore brands... so far color adapt by max factor is my number one. doesn't give much coverage, is almost invisible, covers small imperfections, evens out skin color and overall makes the skin look much more healthy and pretty. finally, what is very important to me - it is really easy to apply.

I agree with you and Msfashionguru too. I've been using Studio Fix for quite a while now and have never had any problems with it. It really makes my skin look flawless and natural! I love it!!:icon_love

Originally Posted by Charmaine Yay! Someone finally agrees with me!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back