What is YOUR skin care routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm mostly just curious! I've recently gotten really into skin care, and I can already see a difference in how my skin looks when I exfoliate regularly. So what is your daily/weekly/etc skin care routine? 

I only wash my face at night to prevent from over cleansing and aggrevating my oily skin even more:

1. Wash/scrub my face with a mixture of Ahava's Cream cleanser and mud exfoliator.
  2. use my Ole Henricksen Eye cream
  3. use some sort of skin treatment: Rx for brown skin serum or CellCeuticals CellGenesis or Strivectin skin brightening
  4. Apply my Alba Botanica Oil-control moisturizer

On days I wear makeup I do the same as above only number 1 is using a makeup remover wipe.

Ive had to seriously change up my routine lately as my skin has gone to hell this winter. More acne, far more oily but with lots of dry patches, rough and bumpy everywhere, horrible ! I have started using Sibu sea buckthorn soap for cleansing. It relieved dry skin and balanced oily skin without leaving it feeling stripped. It's a completely natural soap with an extremely creamy lather and no synthetic fragrances or colors. After cleansing, I've started using a 20% salicylic acid peel, which doesnt actually leave my skin peeling. What it does is shrink my pores like crazy, unclog pores - which reduces the amount of blackheads & dead skin buildup, completely destroys acne on the surface as well as deep under the skin, obliterates dry patches, has started making the 11 between my eyes disappear, evens my skin tone, gets rid of scarring, freckles, sun spots and other discoloration, and makes my skin so so smooth and soft. Like a baby's bum! After that I use my Isomers hyaluronic acid serum all over my face, including under my eyes. Wait 10 to 15 minutes and then moisturize. My moisturizers vary, depending on what's happening with my skin. If I'm in the middle of a hormonal breakout, I use my glycolic acid moisturizer. If I'm not, I switch between my Isomers One 3000 moisturizer or my Noevir 99 moisturizer. I also use an eye cream which is specifically made for that area. I also mask my face about twice a week with my own detoxifying clay/oats/honey/etc mask blend. That's a must for me, always has been. Since I switched to this routine approximately a week ago, I can honestly say my skin looks the best it has in quite some time. I actually look forward to seeing my skin everyday because it looks so refreshed and actually younger! As a result, I'm also using less much foundation and concealer than I normally do, which is nice. It's not like I caked it on before, but there were definite areas of my face which required more effort to even out the tone of before. Not anymore!

It's pretty insane, because my skin is pretty bad. I started seeing a dermatologist in January and she prescribed a bunch of stuff and recommended others (her office works with PCA to develop stuff, and so it's highly recommended by them and I really want clear skin so I'm  following orders 100%). I've been seeing really good results too so so far it's well worth the trouble (and cost!)

AM:

Take 1 bactrim ds tablet, 150 mg of spironolactone.

Wash face with PCA Skincare 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser

Apply Epiduo gel (after I'm out of this month's supply it'll just be adapalene because the epiduo is too expensive for me)

PCA Protecting hydrator (when it's summer I'll change this to their weightless sunscreen)

PM:

another bactrim tablet

wash face w/ bpo

apply ziana gel(after this supply runs out, it'll be generic clindamycin & tretinoin because the ziana is also too expensive)

PCA clearskin.

And as soon as I get them from eBay, I will be adding PCA A&C synergy and their pigment gel twice daily to get rid of the stains left behind from acne.

It is recommended that I use the BPO as a face mask once a week too but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

My derm says my skin should be clear come summer, so I am going to keep on truckin! and then hopefully get to a point where I don't have to do SO many steps!

I feel like my skin care routine has been changing quite a bit lately. I've been trying to come to a set routine after visiting the dermatologist last week.  In the mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Tone with The Body Shop's Tea tree oil toner The body shops vitamin e eye cream Origins Vitazing moisturizer I also take one minocycline pill daily. The doc said 2 but I've been lazy and forget. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Evenings Makeup remover wipe Origins Checks and Balances foaming cleanser The body shops vitamin e eye cream Tretinoin cream .05% Some days I'll wait about 30 mins and apply my Origins Night-a-mins moisturizer if I feel my skin had been pretty dry that day. My derm prescribed a benzoyl topical treatment to use in the mornings but I haven't even picked up the prescription. In afraid it'll be over kill. Any thoughts? Desperately hoping for better skin soon!!

In the morning I start with cleansing my face for only 15 seconds. According to a dermatologist that I spoke with you should not wash your face with a cleanser for more than 15 secods otherwise it will strip off the natural oils of your skin. After I use a toner, then I moisturize.

In the evening, I remove my makeup with a wet tissue and follow it with evoo to remove all the waterproof makeup I used. Then I use a cleanser and massage it on my face for 15 seconds, use a light scrub, tone until all the remaining makeup and dirt on my face are gone, moisturize, then apply a thin layer of evoo on my brows and lashes to help it grow stronger and longer. 

First off I have oily skin that is acne prone.  I wash my face morning and night with Purpose cleanser.  It's for sensitive skin and I find it's the only one that doesn't irritate my skin.  I have also use Cetaphil with much success.  I use a moisturize with SPF during the day, which is Olay Complete for sensitive skin.  And at night I use the original Oil of Olay  beauty fluid.  If in the dryest of winter months, I use a moisturizer at night only that has Vitamin E that I found at Walgreens and I believe it's a Walgreens brand.  I use an exfloitator in the shower once a week.  Either St. Ives Apricot scrub or another one I found at Sally Beauty supply.  And I make sure I drink water, esp. prior to bed.  I have tried every potion and lotion and vitamin supplement since I was a teen and have never found  better success than when I use gentle washes for sensitive skin.  The ones designed for acne prone skin usually have saclictic acid(sp?)  and benzol peroxide, which over-dry the skin and cause more of a problem than they help.  I take my makeup off, which usually consists of blush and mascara, with baby wipes designed for sensitive skin and maybe if needed vaseline.  Seriously, my skin is so soft, less oily and in better condition than it ever has been! 

I do wash my face in the morning and before bed time. Frequent washing of face will make your skin dry. After I wash my face, I apply toner and moisturizer. I also exfoliate twice a week.

I do wash my face in the morning and before bed time. Frequent washing of face will make your skin dry. After I wash my face, I apply toner and moisturizer. I also exfoliate twice a week.

I also use sunscreen whenever I go out. A sunscreen with SPF 15 would do if you are just going to stay indoors.

Wash my face with Acne Free (a cheaper drugstore alternative to ProActiv), apply Neutrogena SPF, apply a face primer and then put on my daily makeup. At night, I take off all my makeup, most especially eye makeup, and then wash my face with Acne Free again. Sometimes I find that using acne free twice a day really dries out my skin and gets super itchy. So sometimes I just use a gentle face wash like Cetaphil. 

I try to make sure my face is clean by washing in the morning and evening before going to bed with my facial cleanser from Arestaline8 family products.
1. cleanses
2. skin hyper pigmentation
3. anti wrinkle cream and
4. Sunscreen, sunscreen, screen, screen during the day time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wash in the morning then moisturize, same at night.  I usually use Aveeno but I also sometimes use Coppertone. I like the bit of shimmery glow in my facial lotion w/ a good SPF. I also drink plenty of water and take vitamins. At least once a week or so I use masks to exfloiate, moisturize, draw out impurities, tighten, I like Queen Helene best. I also use Neutragena Advanced Solutions, it's a scrub you use a buffer I suppose it's called to help remove dead skin and promote blood circulation. It's a nice facial massage lol.

my routine is very simple, i think too much make up on your face is not good, as well as overmuch skin care product

Morning
splash of water then, Face lotion with sunscreen

Evening
Cetaphil Face wash and ponds moisturizer
biggrin.gif

besides, use some face mask (Moisturizing Cream-Mask Face and Eyes) and eye mask (VII O2M Oxygen Eye Mask) like 2-3 times a week, both should be natural products ... 
wink.gif

I put on a Garnier Fructis scrub thats supposed to minimize pores at night and in the morning the transparentish green Go 360 Clean from L'Oreal

Morning

-wash with soap, moisturize, apply makeup

Night

-remove makeup with oil cleanser

-wash with soap

-moisturize

Every other day

-exfoliate with silk cocoon

Latest posts

Back