What keeps your skin clear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think one of the keys to clear skin i finding the right cleanser. most of them either overdo it or dont clean wll enough. i havent found my hg cleanser yet but im using the blue nivea at the moment and so far it is working great. i also like the pink garnier toner
smile.gif

Cleansing with Ponds Cold Cream

Neostrata Toning solution 8% (with 2% clindamycin)

BP 5% (with 2% clindamycin)

Moisturizing daily at night with good quality moisturizer

My HGs:

Clinique Turnaround concentrate

Philiosophy Microdelivery peel (microdermabrasion)

Optionals:

MUAC 40% GA peels

Queen Helene Julepe Mask with aspirin mixed in, makes your skin so soft after

Aspirin in sour cream

And to fade marks more quickly:

Bio-oil

Emu oil (not sure about this one)

Check out the book in my signature. I've also been on the pill Estelle-35 which is a different type from yasmin, Etelle has been working really well.

i really believe that it's salicylic acid. it seems to be in just about everything i consider to be my hg skincare products. cleanser, toner, exfoliant, & mask. i add to that my mama lotion (malic and mandelic acid) and my skin is quite happy!

For the past month or so my skin has been the most clear I've seen it in several years! All I've been using is an Almay Facial Cleansing Bar [the one for oily skin, but it's just a tiny bit too drying, so I think I might actually try the normal/combo one next time] to wash morning and evening, and 3-4 drops of Lumiere Pure Olive Squalane patted into my skin while it's still damp after washing.

This combo seems to balance out my skin a lot. The cleansing bar gets it clean without stripping it [bonus- it costs less than $5!!] and the squalane gives it the perfect amount of moisture and keeps my face from getting oily.

I'm so surprised that such a simple routine can give such great results. I'm especially impressed, because at that time of the month I always get at least 3-5 fairly large, red pimples on my forehead and/or chin. This month, however, I haven't gotten any large pimples at all! Just a couple tiny ones that were easy to get rid of, not as noticable, and went away in a day or two! I'm very impressed.

I also use mineral makeup, and I've found that it keeps me from breaking out like I always did when I used traditional liquid foundation and whatnot. I really love this Almay bar I'm using, but I bought a bar of natural shea butter soap that I'm hoping will be a bit more moisturizing for this winter weather. I also plan on trying camellia oil as a moisturizer soon.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i really believe that it's salicylic acid. it seems to be in just about everything i consider to be my hg skincare products. cleanser, toner, exfoliant, & mask. i add to that my mama lotion (malic and mandelic acid) and my skin is quite happy! Co-signing on the Salicylic Acid. It is in every product I use, and it is working wonderfully.

nonstop water drinking. sleep early. n i mean never past midnight.coz i ve been sleep late these few days n pimples r poping out here n there
frown.gif

ok also no morechocolate coz the chemicals in it produce pimples on your face

The aspirin mask as described above, aloe vera gel, St Ives eye and face stress gel, a cleanser with BHA in it. I have oily skin btw..

Originally Posted by Mezzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif wateerrrrr!!!!!! Hi,
Definitely water to flush out the toxins.

Drinking water, eating apples and putting tea tree oil on any blemishes at night! My face looks perfect lately.

having a healthy diet. I drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. It helps alot.

- 6 to 8 hours of sleep [at least 2x a week]

- 8 or more glasses of water daily

- ponds anti bacterial scrub [wash face every night before sleeping - no matter what!]

- ponds day & night moisturizer & sunscreen

Scrubbing face with a facebrush twice a day with neutrogena deep clean gel

oil blotting sheets

once a week shiseido purifying mask

adapalene and duac prescription creams

Back