What size monitor and what resolution?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by K*O*

17" LCD Samsung SyncMaster 712N ~ 1024 x 768 resolution
Is mine correct ?
icon_question.gif

No 17ich LCDs should be running at 1280 x 1024. All 17 LCD's have a native resolution on this. If you have it set at anything other than that, it will "interpolate" the pixels, make them blurry. If you move it to 1280x1024, everything will seem smaller, but beleive me, you then can fit MORE on the screen. See this info about your monitor, KO. Look for Resolution

Same thing with you Janelle, Wrong resolution. Should be 1280x1024

Look here for tech data

Same thing also with getting used to it at it's native resolution. Things will appear smaller, but don't foget, you can fit MORE on the screen and plus, it will look way clearer

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

17" Xerox Flat Panel ~ 1024x768
6875232_sa.jpg

Originally Posted by Liz

i've got a 21.3" samsung. it's 1600x1200
my bf has a samsing 24". is that what you have?

werd up on the nice resolution!

Originally Posted by charms23

Mine is 17" with 1024 x 768 resolution.

If it's not an LCD, then you can set it to whatever you want. LCD's have native resolutions

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Same thing with you Janelle, Wrong resolution. Should be 1280x1024
Look here for tech data

Same thing also with getting used to it at it's native resolution. Things will appear smaller, but don't foget, you can fit MORE on the screen and plus, it will look way clearer

WOAH!!! I just set it to that res... and I'm gonna need a magnifying glass!! LOL Actually it seems fuzzier... and seems as if the letters blur a bit and then clear up... then blur... then clear. Ugh.. not liking this! LOL
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Ahhh... back to normal! LOL Sorry T, but my eyes were buggin out!
icon_eek.gif

Yeah, it usually takes a bit to get used to. But it's up to you, but I hate HUGE icons and like to be able to display more on the screen plus that is the NATIVE res for your monitor.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah, it usually takes a bit to get used to. But it's up to you, but I hate HUGE icons and like to be able to display more on the screen plus that is the NATIVE res for your monitor. I dunno - I fit the whole MuT screen on there when it's a lil' bigger...
icon_wink.gif
(and save my eyesight!) Plus it doesn't blur when it's bigger - i don't know why it was doing that - seemed like it has interference at the NATIVE res
wink.gif
lol

Originally Posted by charms23 Mine is 17" with 1024 x 768 resolution. Me too!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 17" Xerox Flat Panel ~ 1024x768
6875232_sa.jpg

JANELLE, how did you DO that? Tell Mummy ! lol That looks so good....

Unlike the male species in this house I can and do read instructions. My last computer was always messed up. He just plugged anything in anywhere and said it was "up and running."u

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yep, yours is right! Good job!

Back