What skin type do I have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin is never oily, but I still break out.  But this could be because I am still young.  I also get dry patches on my cheeks and around my nose.  

Sounds like dry, sensitive skin. If you aren't drinking enough water, GRAB A GLASS NOW. Water in your body is good, your skin is part of your body. So hydrate it. Look for treatments that don't have alcohol or mineral oil in them. Alcohol dries you out. Mineral oil clogs you. It could be hormones (I don't know what "still young" means. You'll always have hormones to deal with.), or diet, or combination of both. I'd highly suggest going to somewhere like Sephora, explain your situation and ask for free samples of suggested products BEFORE investing into them.

Your skin needs balancing, sounds a lot like how mine was. Get rid of any harsh cleansers and anti-acne chemical filled stuff. I switched to an organic skin care line and it totally balanced me out, and not one breakout since. I like Juice Beauty, their stuff works.

it's hard to say without getting you under a mag lamp, but it could either be just dehydrated skin OR dry&dehydrated skin.  As already mentioned, you might just need more water in your system to help hydrate and keep that dryness to a minimum.  It is very possible to have breakouts and not have oily skin.  What is your skin regimen consist of?  You might need to change that up as well if your skin is not reacting to it.  It's in need of some serious pH balancing.   Head out to an esthetician or a dermatologist if you are really concerned.

i feel like I reiterated what everyone said :X

Hi, It sounds like you have combination skin from what you are describing. I have the same sort of problem and I tend to use Murad to keep my skin in check. I'm mainly using the pomegranate range http://www.murad.co.uk/combination-skin (smells amazing!) but I like to use a good exfoliator twice a week too and a really good moisturiser. Make sure you get a moisturiser that has an SPF in it for the day time too.

Also, to make sure that you are properly hydrated, make sure you are eating plently of juicy fruit and vegetables. Like a watermelon is 97% water and it stays in your body much longer than drinking water. Also water that you eat goes straight to cells. Work from the inside out!

You could also go to a salon and get a facial, the therapists are really good and they can tell you exactly what skin type you have and what products would be best for you personally.

C xx

Latest posts

Back