Quantcast

What to get in NYC?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
K, mum & dad are off to NYC on Monday & i've been told to give them a list of what make up i want! I'm gonna do up a huge list & they can choose what to buy me. My problem is i'm not REALLY lemming anything at the mo. Most brands are cheaper over there though so i do want them to pick up a few things.

Suggestions now please!

PS. I only want high-end suggestions because i'm after turning into a high-end snob!

Reaction score
Any brushes that you need, particularly NARS ones. The smudger brush I want is only $24 in the states but retails in England for £36.00 (52 euros), with the current exchange rate $24 works out at about £13. So I say get brushes, and any LE stuff for your favourite brands that your parents can lay their hands on.

Reaction score
are they excited, laura?! they must be!

if they're cheaper over here, you might want them to get you your staples since you know for a fact you'll use them and won't go to waste, right? if they're cheaper, why not?

Reaction score
Some of my fav (and very underrated) brands are:

Tony & Tina - great pressed shadows, very pigmented, very blendable, lasts for hours. Drawback is that the color selection is sparse. Also the universal color dusts are GREAT!!

Too Faced - same great qualities as T&T. Also, they apply like silk - especially the luxe collection. Nice glosses and bronzers too. Oh, and the luxe e/l's are to die for!!

MUFE - Star powders are out of this world! I dont care for their pressed shadows or their lipsticks though.

Fresh - I've only used their e/s and I'm VERY impressed. wearing this line today ---- Can you say 'AWESOME'?

Cargo - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their cream shadows!!! All I can say is 'WOW'!!!!

Those are my suggestions!!
(maybe their not exactly high-end... mid-grade would be more accurate)

Originally Posted by Laura K, mum & dad are off to NYC on Monday & i've been told to give them a list of what make up i want! I'm gonna do up a huge list & they can choose what to buy me. My problem is i'm not REALLY lemming anything at the mo. Most brands are cheaper over there though so i do want them to pick up a few things.
Suggestions now please!

PS. I only want high-end suggestions because i'm after turning into a high-end snob!

Jen

Reaction score
I'm piping in to say MUFE Star Powders. I recently got my first 2 and I love 'em. Also, some GA lip stuff! Can't forget that stuff!
I have some shimmers, shine, sheer and mania l/s. They are great!
Feel so wonderful on your lips.

Reaction score
I'd say anything that is HG and you know will be cheaper there, and also brushes - Smashbox have some good ones and defo the NARS Smudger (can't believe the ridiculous price difference between here and US).

Reaction score
ARMANI, ARMANI, ARMANI! Did I mention Armani?
Also check out Kevyn Aucoin @ Bendel's & Bergdorf's. Shu Uemura if you don't have access to it in Ireland. I think it's available @ Takashimaya.

Latest posts