What's a girl to do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a nice bonus from the job. Since then I have bought a few more stock to fatten up my portfolio; I paid some bills; I put some in my savings account. Now I wanna buy something and there is NOTHING to buy. I can't buy clothes because I'm dieting and what I buy today wont fit me in a few weeks (hopefully); there's no makeup left for me to buy - my present stash is overflowing and I cant think of anything that I dont already have; I wanna buy something!!!!! This sucks!!! What can I do?

Woohoo! Congrats on the bonus! I wish I had that problem of too much money
tongue.gif

You could get some "skinny" clothes that you won't be able to fit into until you lose the weight? Good motivation...

Ummm how about an ipod or other mp3 player?

You could get yourself a massage or facial.

Or get a good digital camera?

OOOHHH, a facial sounds nice. Maybe I'll do that. I think I'll also get some more toys for my 2 dogs. They'll love that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the suggestions!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Woohoo! Congrats on the bonus! I wish I had that problem of too much money
tongue.gif
You could get some "skinny" clothes that you won't be able to fit into until you lose the weight? Good motivation...

Ummm how about an ipod or other mp3 player?

You could get yourself a massage or facial.

Or get a good digital camera?

Tracey, one suggestion... Seriously, I 2nd Bonnie's recommendation for an iPod or spa day.

However, w/the upcoming DC/MD/VA event approaching, how about you save it for that day? I know it would help out b/c whenever I get together w/other ladies from here or other boards, we (mostly me though
redface.gif
) tend to go a little nuts when it comes to cosmetic shopping. This way, you don't feel bad about spending $$$ b/c you've already alloted for it.
cool.gif

JMO, & some food for thought.

BTW, on the bonus! Maybe you can fly out to Honolulu & visit me & Jess!
biggrin.gif

OMG! I totally forgot about that!
icon_idea.gif
Thanks for mentioning that. I know I'll need extra money for the event - I tend to go overboard too. OK, now I'm gonna buy some toys for my dogs and save the rest for the event AND buy a plane ticket to go to Honolulu to visit my MUT buddies!! WOO HOO!!!

Originally Posted by keaLoha Tracey, one suggestion... Seriously, I 2nd Bonnie's recommendation for an iPod or spa day.
However, w/the upcoming DC/MD/VA event approaching, how about you save it for that day? I know it would help out b/c whenever I get together w/other ladies from here or other boards, we (mostly me though
redface.gif
) tend to go a little nuts when it comes to cosmetic shopping. This way, you don't feel bad about spending $$$ b/c you've already alloted for it.
cool.gif

JMO, & some food for thought.

BTW, on the bonus! Maybe you can fly out to Honolulu & visit me & Jess!
biggrin.gif

I 3rd the iPod idea! My bf is getting me the pink mini this month; he's so sweet.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But saving the money for the event and a plane ticket to Hawaii is a better idea!
icon_biggrin.gif

Morning sunshine
tongue.gif
...how's the edit coming along? Did you end up going out last night?

I did go out last night. I had a lot of fun.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
We left at 10 cause I had to get up early.

I'm here at the edit right now and no one was here for the first half hour! Typical.
icon_frown.gif
But someone just came, so I gotta go.

How was last night for you?

Originally Posted by keaLoha Morning sunshine
tongue.gif
...how's the edit coming along? Did you end up going out last night?

The kids & my SIL left early this morning. It was nice to hang out w/them but I'm going to miss them like mad.

Study & edit hard. Call me tomorrow.

kealoha, wongy, i didn't know you 2 knew each other in person! did you know each other before MUT or met here?

i think it's so funny when it's like, "WHAT SHOULD I BUY? I HAVE NO IDEA!" because a lot of people would be like, "well, honey, save it for your future!" LOL

i second the ipod thing.

you can also buy decorations for your home or your room or whatever. buy some hook-ups for your car, like making it bounce or put a phat sound system
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer kealoha, wongy, i didn't know you 2 knew each other in person! did you know each other before MUT or met here?
tongue.gif
Jennifer, Jess & I met on another board & I brought her over here. After e-mailing one another for about 6 months, we finally met in person in February. Since then, we've been going out here & there--especially b/c she only lives about 3 minutes from my house.
smile.gif
The odd thing is, although I've only known her for a short amount of time, I feel like she's my long-lost sister or cousin.
wink.gif
We even have a mutual friend.
biggrin.gif

LOL, this is Hawaii! We all have mutual friends here!
icon_lol.gif
No, but really, you find yourself connected to people in some way or another. It's a small island!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jennifer, Jess & I met on another board & I brought her over here. After e-mailing one another for about 6 months, we finally met in person in February. Since then, we've been going out here & there--especially b/c she only lives about 3 minutes from my house.
smile.gif
The odd thing is, although I've only known her for a short amount of time, I feel like she's my long-lost sister or cousin.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer buy some hook-ups for your car, like making it bounce or put a phat sound system
tongue.gif
PMSL!!! I can see it now! LOL Here comes Tracey!!! (With some 50 Cent blasting out the windows....)

GO SHORTY, ITS YA BIRTHDAY!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Send the $$ to me Tracey!! I dont have trouble spending!! LOL yeah, me either! Send it here & I'll pick you up IBS show goodies...LOL j/k - I like the ipod/cam ideas - I have both & can't live without either!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah, the people that say to save it for the future are so right. I'm a firm believer in that. I ALWAYS save when I get money. the major portion of it always go straight to the bank, or my portfolio or my money market. Anything left.... I GET TO GO PLAY!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Your last idea was too funny!! I can't imagine my car bouncing!!
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i think it's so funny when it's like, "WHAT SHOULD I BUY? I HAVE NO IDEA!" because a lot of people would be like, "well, honey, save it for your future!" LOL
i second the ipod thing.

you can also buy decorations for your home or your room or whatever. buy some hook-ups for your car, like making it bounce or put a phat sound system
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jennifer, Jess & I met on another board & I brought her over here. After e-mailing one another for about 6 months, we finally met in person in February. Since then, we've been going out here & there--especially b/c she only lives about 3 minutes from my house.
smile.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
oh! well, that's cool!
smile.gif

janelle, you liked my idea, huh?
cool.gif

Too funny!!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 PMSL!!! I can see it now! LOL Here comes Tracey!!! (With some 50 Cent blasting out the windows....)

GO SHORTY, ITS YA BIRTHDAY!!!

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Yeah, the people that say to save it for the future are so right. I'm a firm believer in that. I ALWAYS save when I get money. the major portion of it always go straight to the bank, or my portfolio or my money market. Anything left.... I GET TO GO PLAY!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Your last idea was too funny!! I can't imagine my car bouncing!!
icon_razz.gif

LOL sounds good to me, at least
icon_cool.gif

It would def be nice to have it for the event, but I just found out that I may not be able to go.

Originally Posted by Trisha Send the $$ to me Tracey!! I dont have trouble spending!! LOL

Nah only joking! either save it for that event or get an ipod/digi cam, both great investments! x

Latest posts

Back