What's new in salon haircare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a lil research and found some of the newest products haircare lines have come out with recently..has anybody tried? I'd like to hear thoughts on them
smile.gif

Matrix has added new products to their Trix lineup, there's BigTrix, a volumizing mousse that is said to add volume, shine and texture. FreezeTrix, which is a super hold hairspray. And they've also added SwitchTrix, which has a gel effect on wet hair and a wax effect on dry hair to piece and seperate the hair (I think this one sounds kind've neat)

Biolage has added the Touchably Soft System, which includes a curl defining cream, a shaping creme-wax, and smoothing shine milk. Can't wait to get my lil paws on the shine milk lol..sounds nice...I've been looking for something to prevent flyaways and add shine and this sounds great. Hopefully its not loaded with silicones tho..probably is
rolleyes.gif
lol

Back to Basic's of course added the Vanilla Plum scent to their line up over the holidays. I sniffed this at the salon and loved it, but haven't tried it yet..would love to hear thoughts on this!

Bain De Terre has added 'Whip It Into Shape', to their line, which is a cream pomade that adds shine, texture, and hold to hair.

Tigi has added a ton of new things to their line..including repackaging all their cosmetics and adding new ones. In haircare tho they have recently add:

~~Bedhead Shine Junkie In a Can

~~Bedhead Hard Head Mohawk Gel which designed for short to medium hair and "spikey" hair styles

~~Bedheahd Hard To Get which is a texturizing paste that provides a light matte piecy look

~~Bedhead Treat Me Right Peppermint Hair Mask (this sounds divine)

And Catwalk has added the whole Fashionista line which has been out for a couple months...it smells like grape bubble gum! Plus a spray version of Curls Rock.

Joico has introduced two new items to their Kpak line, which includes Thermal Designing Foam, meant to protect hair during styling plus its alcohol free! And Kpak Protective Hair Spray is marketed to leave a touchable feel to hair while helping rebuild and protect hair (interesting claim for a hairspray eh?)

Kenra has introduced the Kenra Platinum line. I have yet to see this in any salon but am very interested since I love Kenra. The packaging is so sleek..and platinum! Hehe. The Platinum line includes:

~~Silkening Gloss to polish and shine

~~Grooming Pomade to define and control

~~Shaping Creme to shape and control

~~Texturizing Taffy to sculpt and hold with a matte finish

~~Freezing Gel to lock and hold and is humidity resistant

Redken has created Solve Purifying Shampoo and Solve Anti Dandruff Shampoo, along with Hair Cleansing Creme Shampoo to clarify hair.

The newer Smooth Down line has a shampoo, conditioner, leave in serum and rinse out creme to help keep hair smooth and soft.

Lush Whip is a new styling product that provides definition, control and shine.

Solid Water (I believe this is new, haven't ever spotted it before) is a icy wet shine gel that sets with a wet look finish

And finally Big Sexy hair...makers of Healthy Sexy hair, Curly Sexy hair, Straight Sexy hair..ect..has created a Fresh Concepts hair care line.

It is said to contain vitamins and antioxidants to protect hair. The line includes:

~~Repear Reconstructor..complete with a pear fragrance

~~Core Strength Hard Holding Gel..with an orange/apple fragrance

~~Plum Straight Straightening Balm with a plum fragrance

~~Pearspray Hairspray with a pear/herb fragrance

~~Vitamelon Daily Shampoo with a watermelon fragrance

~~Bananarama Daily Conditioner with a banana fragrance

~~Whey Better Leave In Conditioner with a coconut/vanilla fragrance

~~Vitalitea Moisture Conditioner with a Cantaloupe/Honeydew fragrance

~~Rejuicinate Moisture shampoo with a Orange/Mango/Pamelo fragrance

~~Massive A-peel Volumizing Spray Mousse with a tangy orange fragrance

I must say, the scents of these sounds fun.

That is all. Hope some of you found this info entertaining or useful and maybe if you've tried any of these give us feedback.
smile.gif

LOL had to edit..I just noticed I put "this info entertaining or USELESS" instead of useful lol

Biolage is one of my favorite lines -- good to hear about the new product. Thanks :)

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I did a lil research and found some of the newest products haircare lines have come out with recently..has anybody tried? I'd like to hear thoughts on them
smile.gif

Matrix has added new products to their Trix lineup, there's BigTrix, a volumizing mousse that is said to add volume, shine and texture. FreezeTrix, which is a super hold hairspray. And they've also added SwitchTrix, which has a gel effect on wet hair and a wax effect on dry hair to piece and seperate the hair (I think this one sounds kind've neat)

Biolage has added the Touchably Soft System, which includes a curl defining cream, a shaping creme-wax, and smoothing shine milk. Can't wait to get my lil paws on the shine milk lol..sounds nice...I've been looking for something to prevent flyaways and add shine and this sounds great. Hopefully its not loaded with silicones tho..probably is
rolleyes.gif
lol

Back to Basic's of course added the Vanilla Plum scent to their line up over the holidays. I sniffed this at the salon and loved it, but haven't tried it yet..would love to hear thoughts on this!

Bain De Terre has added 'Whip It Into Shape', to their line, which is a cream pomade that adds shine, texture, and hold to hair.

Tigi has added a ton of new things to their line..including repackaging all their cosmetics and adding new ones. In haircare tho they have recently add:

~~Bedhead Shine Junkie In a Can

~~Bedhead Hard Head Mohawk Gel which designed for short to medium hair and "spikey" hair styles

~~Bedheahd Hard To Get which is a texturizing paste that provides a light matte piecy look

~~Bedhead Treat Me Right Peppermint Hair Mask (this sounds divine)

And Catwalk has added the whole Fashionista line which has been out for a couple months...it smells like grape bubble gum! Plus a spray version of Curls Rock.

Joico has introduced two new items to their Kpak line, which includes Thermal Designing Foam, meant to protect hair during styling plus its alcohol free! And Kpak Protective Hair Spray is marketed to leave a touchable feel to hair while helping rebuild and protect hair (interesting claim for a hairspray eh?)

Kenra has introduced the Kenra Platinum line. I have yet to see this in any salon but am very interested since I love Kenra. The packaging is so sleek..and platinum! Hehe. The Platinum line includes:

~~Silkening Gloss to polish and shine

~~Grooming Pomade to define and control

~~Shaping Creme to shape and control

~~Texturizing Taffy to sculpt and hold with a matte finish

~~Freezing Gel to lock and hold and is humidity resistant

Redken has created Solve Purifying Shampoo and Solve Anti Dandruff Shampoo, along with Hair Cleansing Creme Shampoo to clarify hair.

The newer Smooth Down line has a shampoo, conditioner, leave in serum and rinse out creme to help keep hair smooth and soft.

Lush Whip is a new styling product that provides definition, control and shine.

Solid Water (I believe this is new, haven't ever spotted it before) is a icy wet shine gel that sets with a wet look finish

And finally Big Sexy hair...makers of Healthy Sexy hair, Curly Sexy hair, Straight Sexy hair..ect..has created a Fresh Concepts hair care line.

It is said to contain vitamins and antioxidants to protect hair. The line includes:

~~Repear Reconstructor..complete with a pear fragrance

~~Core Strength Hard Holding Gel..with an orange/apple fragrance

~~Plum Straight Straightening Balm with a plum fragrance

~~Pearspray Hairspray with a pear/herb fragrance

~~Vitamelon Daily Shampoo with a watermelon fragrance

~~Bananarama Daily Conditioner with a banana fragrance

~~Whey Better Leave In Conditioner with a coconut/vanilla fragrance

~~Vitalitea Moisture Conditioner with a Cantaloupe/Honeydew fragrance

~~Rejuicinate Moisture shampoo with a Orange/Mango/Pamelo fragrance

~~Massive A-peel Volumizing Spray Mousse with a tangy orange fragrance

I must say, the scents of these sounds fun.

That is all. Hope some of you found this info entertaining or useless and maybe if you've tried any of these give us feedback.
smile.gif

I actually got to try Bedhead Peppermint hair mask. It was interesting. My head was freezing, might work well if you have a hangover tho
tongue.gif
Thanks for the great info.

I might wait for to try the Peppermint Hair Masque until summer time then lol

I know this is a old post, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other new products that are out now. I never get to go in a salon and look at products so I'm hoping someone will know what new things are out that is worth trying.

Latest posts

Back