Whats the best?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Martina89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Where Can i buy Bareminerals makeup?? Is there online shop??? Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> !
Yes, you can google them.... their parent company name is Bare Escentuals... from there you can order their products online.

But also, you can find their products in any of the high end make up stores or counters... I know my local Macy's is now carrying them.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Last time I posted on here, I was using several different brands - Bare Minerals, Meow, Aromaleigh, and Alima.  And by far, the winner out of all of those for me is good old reliable Bare Minerals!
I know soo many people who looooove Bare Minerals, but I just happen to be one of the few who where highly allergic to them!
icon_sad.gif
  I did however, keep their brushes...  I have to say they are some of the best brushes I have ever used.

For a while I was using BareMinerals Ready Foundation, but my shade became just a bit too dark and so I decided to finally Meow Cosmetics. I now use Meow Cosmetics and I really like it. The jars are super wide so swirling your brush is sooooo much easier and you can try tons of samples for just $1 each to find the shade that is right for you. I found that one sample baggie was enough to do my face multiple times. The hardest part about them is they have so many shades and choosing the right one can take some time. I have not really tried any other brands of mineral foundation so my experience in that is limited to just those two.

Quote: Originally Posted by Salon st.pete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  According to me Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup is best and it's coast is some thing $59 and it includes :

Mineral Powder 1.5g
Mineral Powder 1.5g
Concealer 1.5g
Foundation Brush
Concealer Brush
Base Perfector
Moisturizer - SPF 15 30 ml
Mascara Brown/Black 4ml
Conditioning Cleanser - 60ml
Double Pot with Concealer 1.5g
Kabuki Brush
Tips and Tricks DVD
Contour Brush

Thanks for this one. I have been canvassing for some time now. I am planning to change my kit slowly because I cannot afford to buy a new one right away. This will really help me fill in the gaps in my box. Are you using all these? 

I can only really comment on the foundations as I have tried dozens. I don't use any other mineral products. Of the foundations, I have tried low end and high end and there are good and bad in both, but I really think it depends on your age and skin type. I use my foundation over La Roche Posay Anthelios 50+ sunscreen. The best I have ever used is Elizabeth Arden Mineral Powder foundation. I used the lightest colour which is (01). It seems to have a luminosity about it that I just didn't find with any of the others. It was also virtually undetectable in outside lighting. Of the lower priced foundations, I found Maybelline's mineral powder foundation to be pretty darn good, but I don't think you could really describe it as a genuine mineral makeup due to the ingredients in it. The most disappointing one for me was the Youngblood foundation. I paid a lot of money for this as I live in Australia and we pay top dollar for everything!!! I know how to apply mineral powder foundations and always use the right tools. This was a cakey, horrible mess of a foundation.

I liked BareMinerals however I wasn't too impressed with it so I couldn't justify the cost. This was a couple years ago.. maybe I need to give it a shot again? 

I LOVE Younique. They have amazing mineral pigments and makeup. Loved it so much I ended up selling it lol.
wub.gif

I adore Root. They're new to the scene, but their mineral makeup is so much more affordable than what's on the market + the same quality (if not better) than bare minerals. Love!

MAC mineralize! Never had problems with it. I recommend mac mineralize moisture foundation. Perfect for a daily basis!

bareMinerals all the way!!!
[SIZE=10pt]Interesting post.[/SIZE]

I’ve tried Perfect Veil of Bare Minerals, but I was not so satisfied since I have some redden areas to cover.

[SIZE=10pt]Have you any suggestions? Maybe I should tried a foundation. Have you tried it?[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Interesting post.[/SIZE]

Ive used Antipodes which is an New Zealand brand, im from NZ so unfortunately cant get a lot of the ones mentioned here =( But i found it Really good quality BUT i got the wrong colour so cant use it, i got yellow tones and really should have got pale pink, the yellow is awful, but my skin is very orange to begin with (carotene overload) so it may work nicely for others

I have tried Bare Minerals, but I really prefer the way Larenim's mineral makeup looks on my skin.

I also have Lotus' foundation, but haven't really tried it out yet, and if I ever do that then I will allow myself to try some LA Minerals testers. 

Do you guys have a favorite mineral concealer? Because the only thing I have ever achieved with powder concealers is disappointment.

hey everyone.

I just thought I'd add my 2 cents to this post.

If your looking for an inexpensive mineral foundation, I recommend Avon smooth Mineral foundation (there is a calming effects version which I need to try). This is fantastic for the price (£10 but usually on offer for £5). However not to forget it does provide a luminous, healthy finish to the skin so maybe not good for those with very oily skin .(works for my normal to combo skin)

Another inexpensive mineral foundation is the Physicians formula mineral wear(loose powder version). I think this applies beautifully on the skin(doesn't sit on the skin like some others do and better than the compact versions in my opinion)

And lastly I love the Loreal true match mineral foundation, gives very nice coverage and provides a natural finish to the skin.

More expensive good mineral powders would be the Belle pierre's mineral foundation.(Bare mineral's ready foundation is fantastic, lovely full coverage foundation,prefer it to the original)

I think I should do an in-depth review on my blog as I've tried so many....lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

~sabZ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Back