Whats the best?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used a few different mineral makeup's and the best brand for my skin (combination & rosacea) is bare minerals. I use the bisque concealer first and then buff in the beige powder foundation.

It's nice because it gives a very natural look. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't last a very long time like my laura mercier silk creme foundation. I may try and get their primer at some point to see if it helps to keep things in place. Summer is hard for me because my makeup tends to melt off my face, mineral makeup included.

Make sure to get a good buffing/foundation brush no matter which mineral makeup you decide to buy, it's very important. I think the reason I originally did NOT like the foundation years ago and took it back was because the brush they gave me in the kit was so very small I couldn't get it to look nice with a good level of coverage with the yucky brush they provided in the kit.

A good affordable brush is the Real Techniques buffing brush, it's what I use and I love it.

Hey girl, I understand your search for inexpensive mineral make up, and along my search have found some amazing and inexpensive companies.

I am currently using Beauty from the Earth MMU and I really love it, it matches my skin tone and gives me a really flawless look. - (www.bftecosmetics.com). I really recommend them, their MMU is about $12

Another great MMU is Faerie Organic, they run around $19.00 but I rank their mineral make up very high; you can chose the coverage you want and it all goes on very nicely. (www.faerieorganic.com)

One more that I have to recommend is OceanMist MMU, (oceanmistcosmetics.com). Their MMU is $14 with the sifter jar and $12 without. They were the first MMU I ever tried and I really like them; however, my mom LOVES their products!

These cosmetic companies are all pretty indie, but their ingredients are all made without bismuth, talc and other skin aggravating ingredients; and they are all very affordable.

Hope this helps!!

Everyone's skin is different. That is why we have 3 different formulas! But I suggest you try samples or trial sizes until you find your perfect match.

What works for one person may not work for you. Be careful of companies with auto-shipments, some of them are hard to get out of :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This all concept is new for me. I never heard or tried this mineral water makeup style but would like to have once. Got very beneficial tips about this makeup style. 

Natural Beauty

For me personally I always go back to Sheer Cover. The bisque color seems to have been made for my skin. 

Having said that I use a variety of different brands on my clients.

Bare Minerals always seem to work really well on oily skin, whereas I find Mac stays good on dry skin.

I really do think it depends on your skin type.

I prefer Sheer Cover as well (the second round of Bare Minerals made my skin break out and my HG primer from them suddenly made my pores gigantic--no clue what happened). Speaking of Sheer Cover, does anyone know how to order refills of specific items without having to buy a whole set?

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer Sheer Cover as well (the second round of Bare Minerals made my skin break out and my HG primer from them suddenly made my pores gigantic--no clue what happened).

Speaking of Sheer Cover, does anyone know how to order refills of specific items without having to buy a whole set?
I always order mine off of eBay. Because I only use the mineral foundation in that particular shade.

You pay pay a little extra but I think it is worth it because I don't want to use the other products.

When I first started using mmu I tried so many companies in my search for THE perfect foundation.  I've gone through at least 25 - 30.  Right now I'm hooked on Tarte.  My skin looks so nice in Tarte Amazonian clay full coverage powder.  Very nice.  Silk Naturals is nice because you can mix your perfect color.  I used that for a couple of years then tried PUR for a while.  For now Tarte is tops.  The powder and brush combo is a good value. 

Hey :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have an oily T-zone, so I currently use bareMinerals or a cheaper version. It seems to help, but I still have some shine and occasional acne. I learned about another company that is similar to BE and it's called Jane Iredale.

They recommend the following (top sellers I guess?):

1. Glamour Eye & Lip Palette
  2. Snappy Brush Wand
  3. Quad Bronzers
  4. PureMoist Lipstick
  5. Organic Hydration Sprays

Does anyone have any experience with Jane Iredale and/or the above product recommendations? I don't mind paying a little more if it will work better, but it seems like it is a newer company, as I can't find any/many reviews :/

Thanks in advance!

I have tried Jane Ireldale

liquid and the powder foundation and the lipstick in Laura and Susan.  Love the lipstick.  I liked the liquid foundation, but couldn't find a good enough color match.  The powder was too dry powdery for me.  Again the liquid had nice coverage, didn't feel too heavy for a liquid and had a nice finish.  

Last time I posted on here, I was using several different brands - Bare Minerals, Meow, Aromaleigh, and Alima.  And by far, the winner out of all of those for me is good old reliable Bare Minerals!

The OP question is pretty vague, since what works best for one person might not work best for the next.  I am a big fan of the BM matte foundation, but that's just me.  I have combination skin with a super oily T-zone, and have been experimenting with various skin care regimes for years.  I started using BM years ago and have not changed since!

That's very true - and even so, there are some things I prefer in one brand over another, so I use both depending on my mood.  My two favorites, being BM and Meow, each have different things they bring to the table.  When I need heavier coverage, I use Meow.  When I want a more natural looking finish, and aren't having as many skin "issues" that day, I use BM.  It's no different than changing up your eyecolor or lipstick - just, what are you in the mood for or what do you need on that particular day?

Silk Naturals is nice because you can mix your perfect color. I used that from a long. Thanks for this post. 

I vouch for LA Minerals.  I have used them before and love their products.  The best part is, that you can buy sample sizes at a reasonable cost and they last long enough for you to actually test the products for a legnth of time before you commit to the "regular" size!

Latest posts

Back