What's the nicest Compliment You've Ever Recieved?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is with you and all these threads today?? LOL I'm loving em. Hmm..

I'm not sure. I tend to subscribe to a quote I read somewhere:

most people remember negative comments but forget positive ones. So true... I'm terrible like that. I can't think of any compliments!

Haha. I know, right?

I remember in Jr. High - I was delivering a package to a teacher I've never seen. I use to be an IWE... which is basically a teacher's aid for a period/class. Anyways, the teacher grabbed the package and looked at me and said something that I was one of the prettiest girls she's ever seen. Even proceeded to tell the rest of her class that. I was embarrassed but it made me feel good for the rest of the day.

I use to like being told I was a nice person - haven't heard that in my adult years though, lmao. Clue for me.

I can't think of any right now either...hmmm

well,probably when my husband showed me the ring he took back from his then-fiance and said, "I was wrong. I want you."

it wasn't the wrong or the want... it was the taking back the bling.

that's not even a compliment in any way.

When my boyfriend said that he had never been in love with someone as much as me. Yeah, cheesy, but it was also said to me in italian (he's italian, and I can kinda speak/I understand it).

Celly , you've been busy! GJ.

Someone that I don't really know told me that I'm the most loving, kind and caring person she had ever met in her life. I think that's really the nicest compliment I ever received.

i dont know the nicest aside from someone other than my family telling me they loved me, but today my friend evan told me that he always thought i was smoking hot.

even after almost 30 years i still blush when my husband tells me i look pretty.

My boyfriend said that I was perfect in every way and the most gorgeous girl he's ever seen. He probably just wanted something but it still made me feel good
smile.gif

hmm I always like compliments that I'm hot... especially from good looking guys haha... I know i'm married but its a nice compliment....looks and body compliments are nice... I remember after I had my second kid I lost the weight quickly and was in a size 2 when the baby was 8 months old and this nice looking guy at my work was like so and so ( another HOT guy) and I were talking about how great you look..your body is really fit so quickly... a recent compliment I got was from my son's kindergarten teacher.. she said that we have raised him really well and all the work we put in at home has really helped.. that was great
smile.gif

Someone told me I had good taste
frown.gif
Thats just a sad way of saying I want to compliment you but its very tough cuz u have nothing to compliment
biggrin.gif
So I said oh ya well you have nice shoes HAH I won that battle

Okay where I live we have a big one week FIESTA, thousands of people go. It's crowded and everyone's drunk I love it. So when I was walking through the crowd, a girl touches her hand on my shoulder, total stranger, and says Your eyeshadow i love it and gives me a thumbs up. It was so heartfelt, lol i loved it. That's my nicest makeup compliment.

ive been told stuff about my appearance & ive been told stuff about how nice i am towards people...but the BEST compliment i ever recieved was more of a statement. it was from my brother-in-law: "i think you are their [my niece & nephews'] favorite person aside from us [the mommy & daddy]."

i loved that. it lit up a smile in me. i love those kids so much.

My most favorite compliment was when my parents told me how proud they were of how i handled motherhood at 17.

Another weird one was when i was doing my taxes earlier this year and i remembered that i had woken up early and did a little more heavier application of eyeshadow than i normally do. I used my Clinique's duo in "Mink" which is one of my hgs. The whole day i was being told how beautiful my eyes looked and when that tax lady looked up straight at me, she paused and stared hard for a quick second and said "your eyes are so pretty." its always nice to be complimented when you know you went a little extra.

Funny you should ask... Because it was from 3 separate people over the last two days... In the operations meeting yesterday... Out of the blue... two people came up to me separetly while on break and said that they admired me and were totally impressed with the knowledge I have, the work I do and my willingness to help anyone with anything.. I was shocked....

This morning the new VP of our department poped into my office and started in with the same thing... I was the only one that does this kind of work and its a value and asset to the company. I told him to stop before my head starts swelling up but he said no he was serious...

I was really taken back by this. So the way I see it. I'm either getting promoted or fired!! Hahahaha

Strangely enough I'm not big on compliments. I've always had random ppl saying i'm cute or that they LOVE my voice *rolls eyes* I'm not sure on whether sounding like a phone sex operator is really a compliment or not...lol. But I get used to hearing it over and over all the time that it gets overrated.

To me, the NICEST compliment is a job well done. When I used to work at Sephora an elderly lady came in and wanted new cosmetics. She recently underwent Chemo and lost her hair, but it recently grew back. Even though she mentioned not having longer than a yr to live, she wanted something to compliment her face. I gave her a full makeover with brows, neutral e/s, l/s (she liked pinks) blush, foundation, etc. I totally talked her through everything and made her comfortable. She thanked me and said I'm really great in what I do and she wished there was more ppl like me that were helpful. She also told me to stay single and don't let anyone tell me otherwise. Haha, I love her! She totally put a smile on my face
smile.gif

Wow blueangel... that type of compliment would not only make my day, but my life. That's so wonderful.
smile.gif

I have to explain the events that lead up to it first...

I was hired on to the co that I work for at a set salary. A few months later, I was put on straight commission, and stayed like that for a year. When we were bought by another company, the powers that be decided that they were no longer going to have commission, so I was brought in to the big dogs office (along with my sales manager) and given a figure. They were trying to offer me the same thing that I had started at as a base salary. I told them that I was hired in at that amount and feel as though I am a much larger asset to the company now after over a year in the position. They pretended they didn't know that was how much I was hired in at, and then offered me a substantially larger amount, which I accepted.

After my manager and I left, he said to me, "wow, I am really proud that you asked for what you wanted in there with all those suits. I would have been like, "well, ok..."

That was the best compliment that I have received. I know my value in work and in life in general and refuse to take less that what I know I am worth.

Im not sure if this is a complement or not but when my hubby purposed he told me, "your the girl of my dreams" I knew the purposal was comming but never expected anything like that.

Latest posts

Back