What's your current routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saying you look "better than the posters here" (or anyone for that matter) is really not a way to gain subscribers...

Simply saying you're very confident in the way you look and how you apply your makeup would have sufficed. There is no need to tear other people down in order to bring yourself up.

Just my two cents.

Saying you look "better than the posters here" (or anyone for that matter) is really not a way to gain subscribers...

Simply saying you're very confident in the way you look and how you apply your makeup would have sufficed. There is no need to tear other people down in order to bring yourself up.

Just my two cents.
it might come off as too direct but I'm just trying to say I know what I am doing

it might come off as too direct but I'm just trying to say I know what I am doing
Saying you're better looking than everyone on the internet that does makeup has nothing to do with your ability to actually do it, though. You could be absolutely hideous and be the best makeup artist of all time...your looks have nothing to do with it.

And personally, I watch beauty youtubers that are passionate about the makeup artistry, beauty in general, and helping inspire and guide others- what they look like has nothing to do with it, is all I'm saying. 

you don't need to tear down others to be confident.  In fact, someone who does that is not confident at all.

You weren't coming off as too direct, but rude, imho - sorry if I am being too direct now.

I won't watch your youtube because of that attitude.  Beauty isn't just about how one looks externally  - it is also within.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't need to tear down others to be confident.  In fact, someone who does that is not confident at all.

You weren't coming off as too direct, but rude, imho - sorry if I am being too direct now.

I won't watch your youtube because of that attitude.  Beauty isn't just about how one looks externally  - it is also within.
Your loss, haters going to hate I guess lolz

Ok since this thread has been pretty quiet and I'm waiting for my toenail polish to dry before I go to bed, I thought I'd post my current night time routine. I say current because I am constantly rotating stuff in and out of use. It changes so frequently which is why I haven't posted it before! 

Cleanser/Oil Cleanser

1. Skinfood Black Sugar Oil Cleanser

2. Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Deep Cleanser

(or if I'm incredibly lazy/don't wear makeup that day I will use wipes:)

1. It's Skin Mango White Cleansing Tissue (these are really makeup removing wipes)

2. Purederm Green Tea Cleansing Tissues

Booster

3. Holika Holika 3 Second Starter in Vita Complex

Toner

4. Mizon AHA/BHA Toner

Exfoliants

5. Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

6. Mizon 8% AHA Peeling Serum

Sheet Mask/Essence/ Serum

7. Sheet Mask (Love my Benton Snail Bee Sheet Masks as well as MBD Imperial Bird's Nest. It depends on if my skin needs trouble care or moisture!)

8. Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

9. Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule

Eye Cream

10. Mizon Returning Starfish Eye Cream

Cream

11. Mizon Hyaluronic Ultra Suboon Cream

Sleeping Pack

12. Holika Holika Honey Canola Sleeping Pack

Spot Treatment

13. Ciracle Red Spot Cream

EXTRAS!

This is stuff I use nightly that isn't really part of my 'face routine':

Lips

SR Lip Scrub

Pure Smile Snail Lip Treatment in "Honey"

Hands

Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub

Lather 8% AHA Hand Cream

Feet/Body

Mizon Olive Cocoa Butter Foot Cream

Whish Almond Body Butter

I'd love to hear some of your updated routines!!

I used to do 2 different routines 1 for day, and one for night. But I find it's less expensive (haha) and I think I've tweaked it just right and is more effective (for me) to do the same(ish) both day and night. It goes like this:

AM:

Get face wet in shower

Missha FTE

Skin1004 Centella Asiatica ampoule (this is what sparked my AB obsession, and it's still going strong)

Missha long name ampoule (face and neck)

Cosrx all in one snail cream (face and neck)

PM:

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing oil (I have EH real art mild cleansing oil waiting, because the black sugar is almost gone)

Neutrogena oil free acne cream cleanser (PH is 4.5, but my skin can't handle anything higher and tbh I  need the salicylic acid)

Missha FE

Skin1004 Centella Asiatica ampoule

Holika Holika Honey Blue berry sleeping pack (this is my favorite thing on the planet)

* Due to their recent reformulations, I will be replacing both Missha FTE & Long name ampoule. I've got my eye on Cosrx galactomyces white power essence & skin & lab red serum (which I actually own but haven't tried yet). Cosrx also recently came out with a Centella ampoule and I may test that out as well because their products haven't disappointed me yet.

Currently I'm using Skinfood pineapple peeling gel 1-2 times per week, and Paula's choice 10% AHA 1 a week. I make sure to spread these out as evenly as possible to avoid over exfoliation. Never on the same day or back to back days.

I use various sheet masks twice a week depending on my skin's needs. Purederm makes the best sheet masks in my opinion. And the Pure smile honey lip treatment is THE best.

I used to do 2 different routines 1 for day, and one for night. But I find it's less expensive (haha) and I think I've tweaked it just right and is more effective (for me) to do the same(ish) both day and night. It goes like this:

AM:

Get face wet in shower

Missha FTE

Skin1004 Centella Asiatica ampoule (this is what sparked my AB obsession, and it's still going strong)

PM:

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing oil (I have EH real art mild cleansing oil waiting, because the black sugar is almost gone)

Neutrogena oil free acne cream cleanser (PH is 4.5, but my skin can't handle anything higher and tbh I  need the salicylic acid)

Missha FE

Skin1004 Centella Asiatica ampoule

Holika Holika Honey Blue berry sleeping pack (this is my favorite thing on the planet)

* Due to their recent reformulations, I will be replacing both Missha FTE & Long name ampoule. I've got my eye on Cosrx galactomyces white power essence & skin & lab red serum (which I actually own but haven't tried yet). Cosrx also recently came out with a Centella ampoule and I may test that out as well because their products haven't disappointed me yet.

Currently I'm using Skinfood pineapple peeling gel 1-2 times per week, and Paula's choice 10% AHA 1 a week. I make sure to spread these out as evenly as possible to avoid over exfoliation. Never on the same day or back to back days.

I use various sheet masks twice a week depending on my skin's needs. Purederm makes the best sheet masks in my opinion. And the Pure smile honey lip treatment is THE best.
ooh we've got some of the same faves!!

So I only used to use BHA liquid at night, and since I got the Mizon 8% AHA Peeling Serum, I have been using that after my BHA every night and also started applying it in the morning before my makeup...is this going overboard?

My skin love AHA's and BHA's, and I haven't seen a major issue yet other then a tiny bit of dryness after cleansing which goes away once I start the rest of my routine.

I'm just wondering if I'm benefitting from using it so often, if I'm damaging my skin, or if I should just scale it back because I'm just wasting product lol

Even though I will buy anything that says AHA or BHA on it, I'm still pretty new to using them, especially together!

ooh we've got some of the same faves!!

So I only used to use BHA liquid at night, and since I got the Mizon 8% AHA Peeling Serum, I have been using that after my BHA every night and also started applying it in the morning before my makeup...is this going overboard?

My skin love AHA's and BHA's, and I haven't seen a major issue yet other then a tiny bit of dryness after cleansing which goes away once I start the rest of my routine.

I'm just wondering if I'm benefitting from using it so often, if I'm damaging my skin, or if I should just scale it back because I'm just wasting product lol

Even though I will buy anything that says AHA or BHA on it, I'm still pretty new to using them, especially together!
I know we do! This is why I tend to trust your judgment on products, haha. I think we have several of the same concerns.

A lot of people use AHA/BHA daily. I have both the Cosrx BHA solution & essence, but I haven't tried them out yet. I'm slightly sensitive to acids and exfoliation, so it's easy for me to over do it. I was using the OST 2.0 Vit C serum every day with no problems, I'm just not sure I actually like it? I guess I should mention that before I found AB about a yer ago, my skin was in a bad bad place. Acne, oily, flaky and desperately dehydrated. I was so addicted to my clarisonic, which I used at least once a day. Now I can proudly say, I use it roughly (maybe) twice a month.

I think as long as you're not noticing any issues with daily usage, you're probably just fine. I find my best indicator is if I'm struggling through the 20-30 minute wait time because my face is so tight, something is not right. Also, I look like a big ol' dry hot  mess, even after applying moisturizers. You know, all the common sense stuff.

I know we do! This is why I tend to trust your judgment on products, haha. I think we have several of the same concerns.

A lot of people use AHA/BHA daily. I have both the Cosrx BHA solution & essence, but I haven't tried them out yet. I'm slightly sensitive to acids and exfoliation, so it's easy for me to over do it. I was using the OST 2.0 Vit C serum every day with no problems, I'm just not sure I actually like it? I guess I should mention that before I found AB about a yer ago, my skin was in a bad bad place. Acne, oily, flaky and desperately dehydrated. I was so addicted to my clarisonic, which I used at least once a day. Now I can proudly say, I use it roughly (maybe) twice a month.

I think as long as you're not noticing any issues with daily usage, you're probably just fine. I find my best indicator is if I'm struggling through the 20-30 minute wait time because my face is so tight, something is not right. Also, I look like a big ol' dry hot  mess, even after applying moisturizers. You know, all the common sense stuff.
Oh awesome that's good to know! I've been slathering it on my face and haven't had any issues at all, haha. I was like "oh crap am I not supposed to use AHA this often??" It's weird, I know BHA is more for acne, but the moment i started using the Mizon 8% AHA the breakout I did have is practically gone...in like 2 days. Love it!

And I was the same way skin-wise before I started a korean skincare routine- my skin was always loaded with clogged pores, acne, oily/dryness, you name it! I was using my clarisonic daily in the shower up until a couple of months ago when I realized that it was the thing causing my breakouts/irritation. I'm like you now where I use it much less often- probably once a week on the weekend to just buff the dead skin away. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The last week I've been using Korean skin care for cleansing with a few slip ups of using other things. I just can't believe how different my skin looks and feels. I'm forever converted. I've used almost every skin care out there ranging from the most expensive to cheaper and everything in between and my skin has never felt this soft and smooth. Also no breakouts which is surprising because I have sensitive combo skin. Thank you all the ladies here for your feedback and input on Korean skin care that got be going on all this stuff!

Here is what I've been using:

AM

Cosrx soap

The Face Shop Rice and Ceramide Toner

PM

Banila Company Radiance Cleanser

Cosrx Soap

The face shop rice and ceramide toner.

Corsx BHA Summer Pore Minish serum

Scrub:

Klairs Black Sugar Scrub

I need to add some masks into the rotation. I have plenty to try from ordering a Memebox mask box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I've also been using the Drunk Elephant serum during the day from the latest Pop Sugar limited edition box so it hasn't been entirely Korean skin care but mostly. For moisturizer I've been using various samples to use up my skin care samples.

The last week I've been using Korean skin care for cleansing with a few slip ups of using other things. I just can't believe how different my skin looks and feels. I'm forever converted. I've used almost every skin care out there ranging from the most expensive to cheaper and everything in between and my skin has never felt this soft and smooth. Also no breakouts which is surprising because I have sensitive combo skin. Thank you all the ladies here for your feedback and input on Korean skin care that got be going on all this stuff!

Here is what I've been using:

AM

Cosrx soap

The Face Shop Rice and Ceramide Toner

PM

Banila Company Radiance Cleanser

Cosrx Soap

The face shop rice and ceramide toner.

Corsx BHA Summer Pore Minish serum

Scrub:

Klairs Black Sugar Scrub

I need to add some masks into the rotation. I have plenty to try from ordering a Memebox mask box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've also been using the Drunk Elephant serum during the day from the latest Pop Sugar limited edition box so it hasn't been entirely Korean skin care but mostly. For moisturizer I've been using various samples to use up my skin care samples.
I actually loathed doing any sort of skincare stuff years ago- I loved makeup but did the bare minimum for my skin. I bought whatever cleanser was on sale at the drugstore and used it in the shower. I very regularly slept in my makeup (I know...ugh) and if I could be bothered, I'd quickly take it off with a cleansing wipe before going to bed. I used a ponds moisturizer only on days when my skin felt dry, and that was literally it! Going from that to a 13+ step routine seems insane now, but I feel like Korean products made my skincare routine like my makeup routine: a relaxing ritual that I actually enjoy doing!

My skin has improved so so much since using almost nothing but korean skincare, although I do have my non korean favorites (paula's choice!!). But overall it's made skincare even more fun for me than makeup was, and that's something I never thought i'd say! haha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im trying to tone down on the amount of products I use -travelling with all the stuff is a pain, esp. when you only have hand luggage and Im forever jetting around- but I cant seem to give up on anything. I love all my creams!

I have dry skin with red cheeks, dont get breakouts or blemishes, a bit oily on the nose, not really sensitive.

AM:

Boots Simply Sensitive Cleansing Wash Gel

(cheap as chips and never strips me -have used it for years and cant be bother to change it cos it works so well)

Tonymoly Intense Galactomyces First Essence

(Was using Missha, but this was on offer -kinda does the same thing for my face)

Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner

(Nice, but when I have finished it, I might just stick with Hada Labo)

It's Skin Power 10 Formula LI Effector + VB Effector

(I use VB on my nose and chin where I can be a teeny bit oily, LI on the rest of my face to combat redness)

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

(Didn't think it did anything for me at first, but now Im really enjoying it)

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief / The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream / Tonymoly I'm Real Aloe Soothing Lotion

(I switch between these three, depending on how dry Im feeling -Ive been using them forever, but kinda want to try something new)

Then I use a BB or more likely a CC cream -I dont really wear makeup, though I want to learn!

PM:

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil (Moisture)

(if Ive worn BB/CC/sunscreen)

(I think Im gonna try out Cerave soon though)

COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

(Ive used both this and the one from Paula's Choice, but Im not sure BHA does anything for me. I only use it on my chin and nose)

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

(My favorite skincare item! So so good. I can totally feel it if I havent used it)

(They really work well for my skin, only down side is I have to replace the LI every two months -wish the sizes were bigger)

Secret Key Multi Cell Night Repair Ampoule

(Again, used to use Missha, but this was on offer. It makes my skin superhappy! And its sooo cheap. Dont think I'll go back to Missha)

night cream T_T

(I have just finished my regular one from Bodyshop, but it wasnt that great. Im on the lookout for a new one -really liked the Tonymoly I'm Real Avocado Rich Cream, but think itll be too rich for the summer. For now Im just relying on my sleep pack)

Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack

(Really enoying it, but have the Banila The Black 17 Sleeping Pack lined up after this to see how it compares)

Also uses lip scrubs from Etude and Elf, vaseline and My Lash Serum from Etude AM and PM.

Im on the lookout for an eye creme as well, I have pretty dry skin around my eyes. Think I'll try one from Su:m37.

Three times a week I use a mask (prefer the 3D ones from Food a Holic, they have such a good fit on me) and once a week I use the Skin Food Black Sugar Strawberry Mask, i think my skin responds better to manual exfoliating than a chemical one as long as Im gentle.

Think thats it. Whew, quiet a lot!

Im really enjoying this skincare malarky, Ive always had nice skin, but pretty dry and then when I turned old (eep!) I decided I should do something to prevent those wriklies!

Im trying to tone down on the amount of products I use -travelling with all the stuff is a pain, esp. when you only have hand luggage and Im forever jetting around- but I cant seem to give up on anything. I love all my creams!

I have dry skin with red cheeks, dont get breakouts or blemishes, a bit oily on the nose, not really sensitive.

AM:

(cheap as chips and never strips me -have used it for years and cant be bother to change it cos it works so well)

Tonymoly Intense Galactomyces First Essence

(Was using Missha, but this was on offer -kinda does the same thing for my face)

Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner

(Nice, but when I have finished it, I might just stick with Hada Labo)

(I use VB on my nose and chin where I can be a teeny bit oily, LI on the rest of my face to combat redness)

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

(Didn't think it did anything for me at first, but now Im really enjoying it)

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief / The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream / Tonymoly I'm Real Aloe Soothing Lotion

(I switch between these three, depending on how dry Im feeling -Ive been using them forever, but kinda want to try something new)

Then I use a BB or more likely a CC cream -I dont really wear makeup, though I want to learn!

PM:

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil (Moisture)

(if Ive worn BB/CC/sunscreen)

(I think Im gonna try out Cerave soon though)

COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

(Ive used both this and the one from Paula's Choice, but Im not sure BHA does anything for me. I only use it on my chin and nose)

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

(My favorite skincare item! So so good. I can totally feel it if I havent used it)

(They really work well for my skin, only down side is I have to replace the LI every two months -wish the sizes were bigger)

Secret Key Multi Cell Night Repair Ampoule

(Again, used to use Missha, but this was on offer. It makes my skin superhappy! And its sooo cheap. Dont think I'll go back to Missha)

night cream T_T

(I have just finished my regular one from Bodyshop, but it wasnt that great. Im on the lookout for a new one -really liked the Tonymoly I'm Real Avocado Rich Cream, but think itll be too rich for the summer. For now Im just relying on my sleep pack)

Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack

(Really enoying it, but have the Banila The Black 17 Sleeping Pack lined up after this to see how it compares)

Also uses lip scrubs from Etude and Elf, vaseline and My Lash Serum from Etude AM and PM.

Im on the lookout for an eye creme as well, I have pretty dry skin around my eyes. Think I'll try one from Su:m37.

Three times a week I use a mask (prefer the 3D ones from Food a Holic, they have such a good fit on me) and once a week I use the Skin Food Black Sugar Strawberry Mask, i think my skin responds better to manual exfoliating than a chemical one as long as Im gentle.

Think thats it. Whew, quiet a lot!

Im really enjoying this skincare malarky, Ive always had nice skin, but pretty dry and then when I turned old (eep!) I decided I should do something to prevent those wriklies!
nice routine!! Lots of stuff I haven't tried yet- I'm always interested to see what people like and use so I can look it up and see if it'll work for me! We have very different skin types but there looks like there are some products in here that could work for anyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BHA tends to work best for people with combo/oily skin or people with acne, which is why you might not be seeing a ton of results. It is good on the chin and nose to get rid of all those sebaceous filaments though! You might want to try AHA instead since it helps even out skintone and combat any pesky fine lines that can pop up out of nowhere! LOL

Hi guys  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm new here hehehe. 

Here's my daily routine! (I'm 18 and I have combination skin type, with my T-Zone being pretty oily and my cheek area kind of dry, sometimes I might even have dry patches if I skip out on my routine.) I used to have super horrible troubled skin /shudders/

AM:

- Cleanser: The Face Shop Green Tea Foam Cleanser with Phyto Powder (love love love this)

- Toner: Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner (contains AHA and BHA but I don't use it often now because I'm using a propolis ampoule) & Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Light Lotion

- Mists: Avene Thermal Spring Water and a mist I made on my own (Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Light Lotion, L'Oreal's Hydrafresh Mask In Lotion, Avene Thermal Spring Water and a few drops of Lee Ji Ham's Dr's Care Vita Propolis Ampoule)

- Eye Cream: Soap & Glory's Make Yourself Youthful Eye Cream (only 18 but using this cause as a design student I always stay up late + eye area's pretty dry   :laughing:  )

- Moisturiser: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel (I occasionally mix it with Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Gel and recently I've been using samples of Lee Ji Ham's Dr's Care Vita Propolis Cream)

Makeup Removal:

- Makeup Remover: Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water (after this I spray on some Avene Thermal Spring Water and wipe it off) and Innisfree's Apple Juicy Lip & Eye Remover

- Cleanser: Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Foam

PM: 

AM Routine + Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX

Weekly Routine:

- Clay mask: Been using Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado and Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask and samples of Innisfree's Super Volcanic Pore Clay mask and Velieve's White Clay Masque (all are baes)

- Peel off pack: SexyLook Strawberry Sebum Purifying Mask

- Eye Mask: Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch

And just finish off with a sheet mask that you feel suits your skin's need on that day! (I love Innisfree's masks)

And tadahhhhh I'm finally done  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dry, sensitive skin. Some PIH, hormonal breakouts on chin

PM

Banila Clean it Zero 

Non Korean cleanser my husband bought me (hahaha, he was trying to make a point)

Paula's Choice 2% BHA on chin (switching to AHA, BHA is too drying for rest of my face)

Secret Key Snail EGF Repairing Toner

Benton Snail Bee Essence

Missha Time Revolution Science blah blah ampoule (currently being tested)

Mizon Deep Sea Collagen Ampoule and/or Tosowoong Propolis Ampoule

Tosowoong Time Shift Emulsion

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel

Benton Steam Cream OR Rich 53% Collagen Smart Balm

DermaHouse Perfect Moisture Whitening Mask OR Elizavecca Jella Pack OR Milky Dress Aqua Sleep Pack

AM

AM routine tends to have a lot of the same mid routine items

Once a week I use the Secret Key Lemon D-toc Peeling Gel

Every 2 or 3 days I use the Ariul Spa Water Detox mask as my cleanser

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel goes on after my cream during the day

Misc Items

Random sheet masks whenever I want to use them

Once or twice a month the Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

Ariul Spa Water Mist 

Skin Factory 7 Second masks (for rushed or lazy days)

Something I can't remember the name of or what box it came it. It's a multistep type product that feels like a cream. 

SharaShara Green Tea Seed Balm for my feet

Tonnes of hand creams scattered around my house

Pure Smile Lip treatment. Always on me when I leave the house and last thing I put on before bed.

(wow, that's a lot of stuff)
this is a long list! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back