What's your current routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SaigonKim  I just started using it in my rotation, so it is hard for me to say.  I do know it doesn't make me break out and isn't heavy on my face which is a good thing.

Just to add my opinion in here, I wasn't too impressed by the HeartFace sleeping pack. I've found that the only product that's going to do much for concealing pore size is a great primer. Personally I use the Dr Brant Pores No More and love it. But yeah, from what I've read regarding pore size, once they are stretched out there's no way you can minimize them again :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@goldendarter,Thanks so much for your review on the Heart Face sleeping pack &

Dr Brant Pores No More. I'll certainly try the Dr Brant Pores No More now!

I so need to try Derma rolling &/or laser surgery when all of my acne has cleared up as it looks like scars & pores/skin look a lot better afterwards! Thanks again! x

@@goldendarter,Thanks so much for your review on the Heart Face sleeping pack &

Dr Brant Pores No More. I'll certainly try the Dr Brant Pores No More now!

I so need to try Derma rolling &/or laser surgery when all of my acne has cleared up as it looks like scars & pores/skin look a lot better afterwards! Thanks again! x
Yes! I really want to try dermarolling as well for my deeper PIE. Def going to be using a numbing gel though so I'm researching ingredients right now. Let us know if you start doing it! I love seeing before and after pictures.

Normal/oily/aging/slightly sensitive skin

AM
ProYou pore control deep cleanser
Migabee Peppermint Witch-hazel mist
Nella Fantasia pore control astringent gel
Mizon Starfish eye cream or Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream
DKNK Bifida essence
Little Beauty Firming serum or Alpha H perfecting day wear or Dewy Tree white dew 7 cut serum
Nuganic sunscreen or Alpha h sunscreen

PM
Recipe by Nature cleansing oil
Benton Honest foam cleanser or Mirenesse foam cleanser
Innisfree volcanic foam scrub
Ariul spa water mist
The Yeon Hallabong peeling toner
Mizon Starfish eye cream or Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream
Benton Snail Bee Essence
Mirenesse pore serum or AHC Hologram series brightening serum
SN-T goddess cream or Tosowoong super aqua cooling gel or Secret Key plumping jelly cream or
Ahava night cream

Misc:
Wotnot cleansing wipes
Secret Key plumping jelly oil
Propolis ampoule
Skinfood black sugar mask
ProYou pore control mask
Skindeco volcanic pore heating mask
Mirenesse 4D eye serum
Mirenesse collagen gele
Shara Shara bee tox spot cream
Various sheet masks

Yes! I really want to try dermarolling as well for my deeper PIE. Def going to be using a numbing gel though so I'm researching ingredients right now. Let us know if you start doing it! I love seeing before and after pictures.
@@goldendarter I think I'd need a lot of numbing pain... bit scary but from research the results look great! Will let you know once I commence.

Btw I love seeing the before and after pictures too! 

I haven't tried to find it. I've been using it since I got it, but honestly, I don't think it does much for my skin.
I gave it to my friend who has very severe cystic acne and really oily skin. It made such a huge difference for her and she loves it. I can't find it for sale anywhere though. She's so sad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gave it to my friend who has very severe cystic acne and really oily skin. It made such a huge difference for her and she loves it. I can't find it for sale anywhere though. She's so sad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Put a request in the K-Beauty thread "Shopping Help: ISO and Best Price" thread. @ has been finding lots of thing for people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Achilles' Heel of Korean Skin Care- CLEANSER pH

I am dismayed that a country which claims to be cutting edge on so many products fails in the same category as most other products available on a world- wide level- Balanced pH soaps/ foaming cleansers.

The average pH of a Korean skin cleanser is 10.0. This is higher alkalinity than laundry detergent, window cleaner, and dishwashing soap is way down the line.

WHY are we buying products which will harm our skin's acid mantle base?
I don't understand why the heavy sodium ( lye type) base can't be replaced with something milder. 

As I post at this point in time, the only Korean foaming cleanser which has balanced pH levels ( 5.0 to 6.5) is the :Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick which is extremely hard to find.

There are some US- produced cleansers which are pH balanced or adjusted ( the Su:m37 stick mentioned above adjusts the pH with a strong potassium solution, which is worrisome in and of itself.)

My suggestion as a person who has had years of experience taking care of patients with extremely compromised skin ( severe burns, denuded and abraded bodies from traumatic accidents with loss of large portions of skin down to the inner dermal layer, infections of one type or another, newborn skin, and extremely elderly skin) is to TEST your product before you use it on your skin with a pH strip. If it's too alkaline, don't use it. Period.

It makes no sense to turn your skin into a desert with a harsh cleanser that doesn't SEEM harsh but IS, then slather on moisturizers, essences, ampoules, tonics, etc. to undo the damage the soap and water based cleanser has just done. 

There are 2 cleansers which are readily available in the USA and are a relatively foaming type of mild cleanser if people absolutely think a foaming cleanser is a necessity ( I don't think soap ever has to touch my face) but I'm probably in the minority.

One is Cetaphil, which is around 7.0 pH ( not great but better, and will foam for some people but not for others, in my experience). I use this on my body skin.

The other is a great and under-rated foaming cleanser called Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser with a pH of 5.5 and it is available for around $10 at Amazon.com.

It's the only product in this group that I would use if I thought I needed a foaming cleanser, also known to me as an alkaline pit of lye. 

For those of you with acne, any type of dermatitis, eczema, rosacea, or other condition which causes your skin to be delicate or to " react badly" to moisturizing products which are usually mild, please consider that your first product, your cleanser, may be the underlying problem which is undoing every beneficial thing you apply to your skin to help it heal and achieve a normal acid mantle, which is our protection against bacteria, fungus, and other disorders.

Thank you for reading, from the old nurse in the crowd. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edited to add that Amazon.com now carries the Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick. 

It costs $30 from an outside source seller, and yes, it contains rose. :rolleyes:  

These are some other cleansers I have tested in my collection (some from Memeboxes, some not) that are Korean and have a reasonable PH:

Missha Near Skin Cleansing Foam: 5.9

Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Cleanser: 5.5

Missha Super Aqua Fresh Cleansing Milk:  5.5

D'ran Wonder Pure Cleansing Lotion: 5

Etude House Happy Teatime Milk Tea Cleansing Cream: 5

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright 02 Cleansing Foam: 5.5

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Water: 5

I also want to point out, since I am a big fan of this line: While they're not Korean, Paula's Choice cleansers all come in at a 5.5 ph according to the research I've done on them.

Hope this helps if anyone was searching for more than the Rose Cleansing stick, which can be pretty pricey!

The Asian Beauty subreddit has a list of cleansers and their ph levels. I decided to jump on the Habo Lado bandwagon and I'm waiting for my order of the Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser to arrive. It seems to be fairly easy for those in the US to get, it might even be available at Walgreens or Walmart. I had to order mine from amazon.ca to avoid insane exchange rate costs. 

The Asian Beauty subreddit has a list of cleansers and their ph levels. I decided to jump on the Habo Lado bandwagon and I'm waiting for my order of the Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser to arrive. It seems to be fairly easy for those in the US to get, it might even be available at Walgreens or Walmart. I had to order mine from amazon.ca to avoid insane exchange rate costs. 
is that made from gokumul? If so, I will have to get some! omg - did I just state that i am going to PURCHASE a cleanser??? I have so many!

Ahhh nice! If only i wasn't terrified of Reddit because no matter how many times I visit and try to get used to the setup, I find it super confusing and difficult to read/follow. I wish everyone had a little icon so I knew who was talking while reading comments...just not my style I don't think!

is that made from gokumul? If so, I will have to get some! omg - did I just state that i am going to PURCHASE a cleanser??? I have so many!
No, the company is Hado Labo. It's a Japanese company, I think. 

I'm sort of unclear of the rules of MuT sometimes. Posting links to reddit would not be allowed, right? Can I post a link to a Google doc that's connected to reddit? The ph data is a google doc, so you don't really have to use reddit to look at it. 

No, the company is Hado Labo. It's a Japanese company, I think. 

I'm sort of unclear of the rules of MuT sometimes. Posting links to reddit would not be allowed, right? Can I post a link to a Google doc that's connected to reddit? The ph data is a google doc, so you don't really have to use reddit to look at it. 
@@blinded Yes it would be fine to post the link to the google doc. Thanks for asking!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Any beauty related info that helps our members out is ok. You can also post a link to reddit if it's something that is relevant to the topic and it would benefit our members with good info about makeup/skin care etc. Anything that helps all of us out with good info (and is not negative in nature) is great and we can talk about it here on MUT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

These are some other cleansers I have tested in my collection (some from Memeboxes, some not) that are Korean and have a reasonable PH:

Missha Near Skin Cleansing Foam: 5.9

Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Cleanser: 5.5

Missha Super Aqua Fresh Cleansing Milk:  5.5

D'ran Wonder Pure Cleansing Lotion: 5

Etude House Happy Teatime Milk Tea Cleansing Cream: 5

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright 02 Cleansing Foam: 5.5

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Water: 5

I also want to point out, since I am a big fan of this line: While they're not Korean, Paula's Choice cleansers all come in at a 5.5 ph according to the research I've done on them.

Hope this helps if anyone was searching for more than the Rose Cleansing stick, which can be pretty pricey!
THANK YOU for this list!! Saves me from having to smell rose LOL.

I hope these are easy to find- I haven't started looking yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BUT- I did buy a ton of litmus paper strips to test EVERYTHING before I use it now. I used a toner last week that turned my entire face beet red and burned like crazy., I looked like I had a severe sunburn in Feb.. This type of thing  hasn't happened before except with the Benton Snail Bee products.

The product which caused a red and inflamed reaction was the Tomato toner by Skinfood.

Oddly enough, I cannot eat raw tomatoes, and neither can my son or husband.

So, my skin reactions are closely tied to systemic reactions thus far. I'm still going to test the pH of the Tomato toner, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone wants any K- product tested that I own or can get easily, I'll be glad to do so. I have extensive hands on experience with pH testing and will be glad to test any product I have ( which is quite a lot of products). 

I have an oily t-zone and dry brows and cheeks. I have wrinkles (I´m 40 years) and large pores. I get mild hormonal breakouts and have never had too bad skin. 

AM

1- HG- SUM37 Miracle rose cleansing stick - One time a week I use a scrub instead- TonyMoly Latte Art Cappuccino Cream In Scrub (got it in a Memebox)

2- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner 

3- EGF Renovage Youth Activating Eye Cream (got it in a Memebox, its fine but I dont see it does anything)

4- Drww ActiGen Multi-Action Smart Cream Gel (got it in a Memebox)

5- HG- Abalone Crystal Double EX cream (got it in a Memebox)

6- In the summer I use suncream but not in the winter

7- During the day I sometimes refresh and hydrate my skin with a mist - TonyMoly Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist

PM

1- HG- SUM37 Miracle rose cleansing stick used with my Clarisonic Mia2

2- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner 

3- EGF Renovage Youth Activating Eye Cream (got it in a Memebox, its fine but I dont see it does anything)

4- HG- LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence 

5- DKDN Snail Recover Serum (got it in a Memebox)

6- Recipe by Nature Golden Time Vita Capsule Essence (got it in a Memebox)

7- HG- Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

8- A;T FOX Whitening Capsule Cream-Jasoyup Herb Tea Beauty Dessert

9- Benton Snail bee High Content Steam Cream

10- E-choice Fermented Tea Skin drinks Sleeping Pack (got it in a Memebox)

11- Sometimes I use a spot cream- Shara Shara Bee Tox Spot Cream (got it in a Memebox)

If I remember it and want to pamper myself I use a sheet mask, and depending on the essence remaining on my face I use less products.

Latest posts

Back