What's your favorite long-lasting lipstick & lip liner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas for longer lasting lipstick and a liner. All my lip liners and lipsticks just don't seem to last that long on my lips and I'm tired of reapplying so much so I just end up walking around with no lipstick and a liner most of the day. My favorite is still lipgloss and I wear it most of the time but would like to know if there is an alternative lipsticks and liners that last longer.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for some ideas for longer lasting lipstick and a liner. All my lip liners and lipsticks just don't seem to last that long on my lips and I'm tired of reapplying so much so I just end up walking around with no lipstick and a liner most of the day. My favorite is still lipgloss and I wear it most of the time but would like to know if there is an alternative lipsticks and liners that last longer. I really like Avon's lipsticks, they got on smooth and stay on, plus there not to pricey.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for some ideas for longer lasting lipstick and a liner. All my lip liners and lipsticks just don't seem to last that long on my lips and I'm tired of reapplying so much so I just end up walking around with no lipstick and a liner most of the day. My favorite is still lipgloss and I wear it most of the time but would like to know if there is an alternative lipsticks and liners that last longer. Have you tried MAC's Pro Longwear lipstick and gloss? I love this stuff - it lasts forever! It comes in a double ended tube -- one side a highly pigmented color base, the other side sealing gloss. This will last me for hours and hours without having to re-apply. Some women find it to be drying, so I'd test it out at the counter and leave it on all day, to see what you think. It comes in some really pretty soft pink shades (Rose Runner, Femme Forever, Durashell), that I think you'd like.
smile.gif

I like CoverGirl outlast lipsticks... they have tons of colors, not too expensive, and the balm stick that comes with it is so smooth... love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The new Ulta Extreme Wear allday lipcolors are nice too... those are the double sided sticks... one side clear gloss, other side is long wearing color... Just got one, and it seems to last nicely without getting dry and crumbly
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for some ideas for longer lasting lipstick and a liner. All my lip liners and lipsticks just don't seem to last that long on my lips and I'm tired of reapplying so much so I just end up walking around with no lipstick and a liner most of the day. My favorite is still lipgloss and I wear it most of the time but would like to know if there is an alternative lipsticks and liners that last longer. Allure online also has application tips for long lasting lip gloss HERE.

Looks like Sephora has come out with a lip stain similiar to MAC Pro Longwear.

P95149_hero.jpg
Stain & Gloss

This double-ended lip wand contains an intense, sheer stain on one end, and a super shine gloss on the other, for three customized lip looks in one portable tube. Wear the stain alone for a fresh, natural flush of color, wear the gloss alone for instant, see-through shine, or apply the gloss over the stain for a truly memorable pout.

To use: Apply the stain with your fingertips for a soft blush or directly from the applicator for added vibrancy and let dry, then apply a coat of gloss.

I do have the MAC pro longwear in Femme Forever and I just love it, but it gets really crusty in a few hours. The gloss that comes on the end of it is really bad quality. I usually use one of my regular MAC glosses over it.

The CG long lasting lipsticks work really good, I like those better than the MAC ones.
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back